Author Topic: Upper control arm bushings  (Read 737 times)

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Upper control arm bushings
« on: June 10, 2021, 09:06:55 AM »
Can anyone confirm whether or not the upper control arm bushings are different between the front and rear? I ordered all new bushings for the uppers and lowers but haven’t installed the uppers yet. I just went out to compare the new parts to the old ones and the old ones almost look to be the same size in relation to each other and my new ones have two sizes for each side. I’m not sure if I got the right parts.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Upper control arm bushings
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 11:05:08 AM »
The difference is on 80-81 models ? where they changed the control arm shaft to have a beefier front diameter, so bush was smaller. Or was it the other way around, haven't slept in days. That could be what your kit is showing?

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 04:54:12 PM »
From the looks of it my current bushings seem to have the same inside diameter. The new ones do too actually. It’s the outside that seems slightly different. Looking around at other suppliers they also appear to have two different sizes for one upper arm so maybe I’m just not able to tell the difference from my perspective with the arms still installed. Was just trying to avoid those situations where I end up realizing I’m without the correct part while the car is out of commission and at the mercy of new parts delivery time.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 04:54:12 PM »
You can help support TAC!