Author Topic: Car Audio suggestions  (Read 201 times)

Bale9

• Active Forum Member
Car Audio suggestions
« on: June 08, 2021, 06:20:52 PM »
Hi All

I'm looking for suggestions / photo's of car audio head units...

I have my 1979 T/A which i want to install an aftermarket audio system into, however i want to steer away from the Custom Auto retro looking stereo... i currently have one in my Corevette and although it works well it is not very user friendly.

I'm going to go for a modern radio, i even though about a flip out unit however I am not sure if it will be able to flip out given the location of the head unit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Car Audio suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 07:15:26 PM »
Safe to assume your radio hole is already cut?
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

Bale9

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 07:18:37 PM »
Yes, i probably should have stated that... It is a single din size.

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 08:15:06 PM »
Should have plenty of options then depending on what you’re looking for. My radio hole isn’t cut so I opted for adding a Bluetooth enabled amp after the radio and console 8 track feeding 4 modern speakers. I can use either the radio or 8 track player or switch to Bluetooth and stream from my phone and control via a wired remote I hid in the ashtray. Not sure if that would suit you best though if you’re looking for a non factory radio option. There are plenty of aftermarket units that offer Bluetooth
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

Wallington

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 05:40:40 AM »
Go nuts, but look for one that compliments the dash or interior trim, many look gaudy and out of place. A simple black cd player with silver or chrome trim isn't always easy to find.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 05:40:40 AM »