Author Topic: Possible to have a red bird on the steering wheel and block lettering in 78?  (Read 21131 times)

vampdlight

• Active Forum Member
Was it possible to have a red bird on the steering wheel and block lettering in 78 and still be a y car? Looking at a supposed 78 y82 but it's been painted In the past.original things are the gold spoke wheel but it has a red bird and the spoiler had the se stripes but with block style lettering not Germain style.

Seven

• Active Forum Member
Only way to know if the car is a Y82 for sure would be to order a PHS Report.

A true Y82 should have a gold steering wheel bird and Germanic lettering, but lots of things get changed over the years, especially if its been repainted.

More Y82 "tribute" cars out there than the real thing.

Seven
LT4 Firehawk
1979 Y84 T-top Delete
1972 Esprit 455 HO

vampdlight

• Active Forum Member
Thanks. I've sent for a phs and waiting on it to come back. The car has one black ttop and other looks to have been sanded down to aluminum. All other y82 items have been removed. Definitely has a red bird though but the spokes appear to have been gold.

vampdlight

• Active Forum Member
Phs proves its not a y82. My search continues.

Savage Larry

• Active Forum Member
Good thing you researched the car through PHS. Pretty bad that whomever is trying to sell it is saying its a Y82
Jay
Calgary, AB
1977 4 speed W72

vampdlight

• Active Forum Member
I'm not really blaming him. He did say it was a y82 but I figured out pretty fast he really didn't know much about them. He also thought it was a 77 until I told him it was a 78.

Maxthe222

• Active Forum Member
Very common situation. Might as well provide the seller with the PHS so that information can be shown to prospective buyers, but very common these days for Y82 copies to now be proven as... Well copies thanks to all the information available.
1987 T/A GTA L98
1979 T/A Y84 WS6
1979 F/A W72 WS6
1978 T/A L80 WS6
1978 Formula L80 W50
1971 Formula 400 4-Speed

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
He probably still continues the act of not knowing much when questioned by someone who wants proof, and keeps listing as probably genuine.

You can help support TAC!