Author Topic: Fuel Lines  (Read 3552 times)

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Fuel Lines
« on: May 03, 2021, 06:39:25 PM »
I ordered a new fuel tank, fuel lines and return lines from Firebird Central. I have not bought a lot from these guys but they were going to Carlisle and had a tank in stock for delivery at the show. Everything was there (which saved a bunch on shipping) except the sending unit. They mailed it to me a few days after the show postage on them as it was backordered.
Anyway, tank is very nice with the soldered in place neck. Sending unit seems to be good as well, locked right into place. Dr. side fuel line fit almost perfect. The Bad. The pass. side return lines werent even close even though the tag clearly said 79 Pontiac. I ended up reshaping one to fit, the 1/4 line wasnt even included so I ordered some nicop and am bending my own. I would say I was 7/10 happy with the order, their service was excellent and the guys at the show were decent to talk to. In all fairness I have not attempted to call them to see what the problem was, figured I would just hear something negative. At this point just as easy to buy a roll and bend my own.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Fuel Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 06:19:40 AM »
I dont know if its just me, but I found trying to buy the lines for both brake and fuel to be confusing at best. There are no real diagrams showing the routing ( I suppose that would get overwhelming) and many options as far as motor and model year. All of the vendors are about the same that I looked into, inline tube (where I bought the brake lines), summit, ames, firebird central. To me this is about the same level of confusion that most people have with beaded or non beaded window sweeps!

Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter