Author Topic: Brake dust cleaner suggestions/ and brake pad choice  (Read 699 times)

tiggershark

• Active Forum Member
Brake dust cleaner suggestions/ and brake pad choice
« on: April 27, 2021, 07:21:05 AM »
I have new snowflake wheels. The fronts have a small amount of dust on them as I run semi metallic pads. Car stops nice. What is a good cleaner? Should I go with ceramic pads? I've never had much luck with stopping power on an older S-10 blazer with ceramic pads. Stopping power was tons better with semi metallic pads. FWIW, I have new dimpled rotors and all new brake calipers, cylinders, pads out back and new stainless brake lines. All brake lines are new. Master cylinder is new too.  Your experience good or bad with cleaners would be helpful, thanks

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
    • Mark's Cars Inc.
Re: Brake dust cleaner suggestions/ and brake pad choice
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 08:40:46 AM »
For basic store-bought wheel cleaners, my favorite has always been the Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner. 

I used to work for a body and detail shop that would work on various dealership trade-ins throughout my area. The commercial grade wheel cleaner we used there was great but it was not good to breath and would hurt your eyes if you were close to it.  We got good results for people’s dirty trade-ins but you would really have to hold your breath and squint your eyes when scrubbing wheels.

For your brakes, the general rule is that organic pads stop better but generate more dust than ceramic pads.  I just picked up Hawk HP+ pads for my car.  Stopping power is supposed to be better but they are dusty and slightly more noisy compared to regular ceramic pads.
Mark's Cars Inc.

https://markscarsinc.com

Re: Brake dust cleaner suggestions/ and brake pad choice
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 08:40:46 AM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!