Author Topic: Best riding white letter tire you d suggest from experience  (Read 1440 times)

itllfly

• Active Forum Member
Nothings worse than buyers remorse after buying the wrong set of tires, especially for what they cost. I always value input from this forum.  Time for me to buy tires for my stock trans am cruiser.  Not into auto cross or racing. From your experience what has been the best set of tires you would suggest..quite smooth ride.  Looking to see if there is a unanimous opion   Thank you

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Former brake guy
Re: Best riding white letter tire you d suggest from experience
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:49:25 PM »
General Altimax worked very well - made by Continental.

MNBob

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 01:20:06 PM »
I also have been using Continentals and they seem to ride well.  Not sure if they make a 15" though.
1979 TATA Extreme TKO .64
Hedman elite; Pypes 2.5; Borla XS; MSD 6A; Performer intake; open scoop; Sniper QJ;  110 Amp Alt; 4 core radiator/Mark VIII fan; RobbMc mini starter; subframe connectors; solid body mounts; fiberglass rear springs; poly sway bar and link bushings; 81 master; D52’s; Blazer disks; 225/60 & 235/60 17's TrueContact's; relays for PW, PDL, lights; keyless entry

MNBob

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 01:33:00 PM »
Forgot to mention, a lot of the guys here have reported liking the Cooper Cobra radials.  I have never used them.

If you go to some of the big tire web sites like Discount Tire and Tire Rack, they include ratings and reviews on each model, that may help you choose.  Ride is one of the rating criteria.
1979 TATA Extreme TKO .64
Hedman elite; Pypes 2.5; Borla XS; MSD 6A; Performer intake; open scoop; Sniper QJ;  110 Amp Alt; 4 core radiator/Mark VIII fan; RobbMc mini starter; subframe connectors; solid body mounts; fiberglass rear springs; poly sway bar and link bushings; 81 master; D52’s; Blazer disks; 225/60 & 235/60 17's TrueContact's; relays for PW, PDL, lights; keyless entry

RamblerRacer

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 08:36:15 PM »
I bought these a couple years back. Mounted up and balances great. A V rated 15 inch tire. I know made in Taiwan but I took a chance and it paid off.  The lettering is not skewed like the image makes it seem.

https://www.performanceplustire.com/tires-for-sale/vitour-tires/galaxy-r1-5/

Availability seems off, probably due to the plague and market conditions with the east.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 08:36:15 PM »

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »
So two things. One, I've had several sets of Cooper Cobra's and they are a great tire. So that is one option. Another option is to get whatever tire you want and get white lettering kits and make your own white letters. Lots of guys are doing that and it looks great on late model cars.

1976 Trans Am LS1 and much more...SOLD
1968 Camaro LSA, T56 Magnum, and much more...SOLD

Current Project: 1955 Nomad LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes and etc...

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »
You can help support TAC!