Author Topic: AMK Rear brake hose Bolt #1239146  (Read 326 times)

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
AMK Rear brake hose Bolt #1239146
« on: March 22, 2024, 07:57:40 AM »
The rear brake hose on these vehicles uses a stepped bolt with a shoulder to secure to the diff bracket tab. My vehicle was always missing it. I remember 15 years ago when replacing the brake hoses that the rear had a random hardware bolt with a washer, very neat...

I sourced a stainless caphead screw at the time, turned the head down to create a new shoulder and flush fit, and called it done.

Firebird brake hose junction bolt 1239146 (3) by Ben, on Flickr
Firebird brake hose junction bolt 1239146 (5) by Ben, on Flickr

Only recently have I seen that AMK now offer the replacement #1239146 brake hose bolt, NPD are one of the few that stock much of the AMK range. So during another brake hose swap decided to replace with correct bolt.

As it turns out, both fit beautifully in the stepped 'stock' rubber brake hose. The 2008-dated hose was as good as new, having also not seen the road in that time. The braided rear hoses at the time all seemed to be the common incorrect length so was skipped. I think they may have had the wrong junction type as well, I had a kit, then found it wouldn't fit and found out it was a common issue with these models.

Firebird brake hose junction bolt 1239146 (1) by Ben, on Flickr
Firebird brake hose junction bolt 1239146 (2) by Ben, on Flickr

I have 2 new braided stainless steel rear brake hoses. Same packs, 2 different suppliers - part FH12S.

One has the correct factory-style stepped junction block, by Precision Performance Brakes. Their website hasn't been updated in 12 years, perhaps no longer in business. Perhaps what was sent to me was old stock from the bottom of the box and the lower quality TRS replacements since then.

https://www.precisionperformanceinc.com/brakeline_kits.html

The other by The Right Stuff is straight through and bored oversize for sloppy fit regardless of bolt use. Be aware, somehow.

Turns out it's not The Right Stuff.
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/xlarge/rsd-fh12s_xl.jpg
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:59:05 AM by Wallington »

AMK Rear brake hose Bolt #1239146
« on: March 22, 2024, 07:57:40 AM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!