Author Topic: Repro A212CW filters  (Read 2316 times)

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
Repro A212CW filters
« on: August 02, 2024, 12:27:23 AM »
I only just went through this a week or so back when I needed the original filter for a Buick air cleaner I restored. The A212CW was always a common 14x3" type used by many GM and even some Firebirds. I settled on a decent brand replacement when it was clear no one stocked the original Delco type, been years since I bought one and they were always in stock. I'm not sure who provided them to GM since it's just a box.

Now I've stumbled across this. New reproduction A212CW filter, basically it could be any 14x3" but it has the GM text printed on top. I've sen this listed as OER brand (Classic Ind.) who also supply many of the shops I found selling it with no details. Of course, who supplies OER with filters is anyone's guess.

Of course their application listing is vague and incomplete, read that as incorrect, they were standard on non-TA 403 Firebirds to 1979, and anything else Olds and Buick etc to about 1980.

Some may want the text or correct mesh that you'd never seen with lid on. Otherwise just nice to have another replacement, of course, like any, be nice to know the brand and the quality since filters aren't all filters, even those with text on them.

https://www.firebirdcentral.com/Air_Cleaner_Filter_Diamond_Wire_Mesh_p/air-10b.htm

https://www.oerparts.com/product/729891.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 12:29:28 AM by Wallington »

N PRGRES

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Repro A212CW filters
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 06:38:29 AM »
I only just went through this a week or so back when I needed the original filter for a Buick air cleaner I restored. The A212CW was always a common 14x3" type used by many GM and even some Firebirds. I settled on a decent brand replacement when it was clear no one stocked the original Delco type, been years since I bought one and they were always in stock. I'm not sure who provided them to GM since it's just a box.

Now I've stumbled across this. New reproduction A212CW filter, basically it could be any 14x3" but it has the GM text printed on top. I've sen this listed as OER brand (Classic Ind.) who also supply many of the shops I found selling it with no details. Of course, who supplies OER with filters is anyone's guess.

Of course their application listing is vague and incomplete, read that as incorrect, they were standard on non-TA 403 Firebirds to 1979, and anything else Olds and Buick etc to about 1980.

Some may want the text or correct mesh that you'd never seen with lid on. Otherwise just nice to have another replacement, of course, like any, be nice to know the brand and the quality since filters aren't all filters, even those with text on them.

https://www.firebirdcentral.com/Air_Cleaner_Filter_Diamond_Wire_Mesh_p/air-10b.htm

https://www.oerparts.com/product/729891.html
You could always email them and ask
Dave

81 Trans Am w/73 400.

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2024, 06:37:41 PM »
I'll ask their views on cut shakers too, it's called making conversation.

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 07:09:10 PM »
They are Wix brand, made in Mexico.
And no, neither Classic or OER would supply this info.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 06:46:29 AM by Wallington »

N PRGRES

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2024, 05:40:11 AM »
I'll ask their views on cut shakers too, it's called making conversation.
Awesome, I would be curious on thier opinion.  Wix brand....see that wasn't so hard was it?
Dave

81 Trans Am w/73 400.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2024, 05:40:11 AM »

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2024, 11:45:17 PM »
So, no, I'm now the owner of a few standard WIX filters that have nothing to do with the GM text repro. They were just using the photos and when asked said yes in stock. But no, we never had those and now no pics on website. So, no, not hard at all. No response from the others and those that did cost me 100. So easy.

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2024, 11:45:17 PM »
You can help support TAC!