Author Topic: Mighty Vac  (Read 979 times)

N PRGRES

• Oracle Forum Member
Mighty Vac
« on: June 06, 2024, 08:25:18 AM »
Has anyone had any luck with these?  Trying to get my fluid changed out and bled.  All I seem to get it ait leaking around the rubber attachment to the brake bleeder screw. 
Dave

81 Trans Am w/73 400.

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Mighty Vac
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 11:27:51 AM »
I never was able to use mine to bleed. I have used it for other things. When I bled mine I ran a tube from the bleeder into a bottle with fluid in the bottom and the hose into the fluid. I kept the bottle above the bleeder. Then I opened the bleeder and slowly pushed and released the pedal while checking the tube periodically. If there were bubbles in it I knew I had to keep going.you shouldn’t draw any air in as long as the tube remains blow the fluid level. Once there weren’t any more I stopped. I also cheated and used my iPhone and Apple Watch at the time. You can view whatever your phone camera is looking at on the watch so I used that to monitor the fluid while I pumped the pedal. Not a perfect solution but it worked well for me.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

N PRGRES

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 05:55:58 AM »
I also cheated and used my iPhone and Apple Watch at the time. You can view whatever your phone camera is looking at on the watch so I used that to monitor the fluid while I pumped the pedal. Not a perfect solution but it worked well for me.
Thats an awesome idea, I have a tripod for my iPhone for my business so that would be an easy set up. 
Dave

81 Trans Am w/73 400.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 05:55:58 AM »
You can help support TAC!