Author Topic: Anyone interested or looking for 1LE spindles?  (Read 737 times)

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
    • Mark's Cars Inc.
Anyone interested or looking for 1LE spindles?
« on: September 04, 2021, 09:24:08 AM »
Hey guys,

I’m going to try and make my way over to a junkyard by me tomorrow and I noticed they had two GM B cars show up this weekend.

Anyone looking for some B spindles to do the 1LE brake upgrade?  I’ll pull them for $20 each ($40 all together) plus cost and shipping. 

PM me if interested,

Jon
Mark's Cars Inc.

https://markscarsinc.com

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
Re: Anyone interested or looking for 1LE spindles?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 09:06:53 PM »
I've been meaning to do that too, but I don't bother, and someday they'll be hard to find.  New ones were so cheap for so long, and I never bought them, and of course now they're discontinued. 
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
    • Mark's Cars Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 09:34:03 PM »
I've been meaning to do that too, but I don't bother, and someday they'll be hard to find.  New ones were so cheap for so long, and I never bought them, and of course now they're discontinued.

I hear you.  I offered this a while back before the forum got swiped and didn't get response there either.  From my experience, you're probably best off not bothering with the hassle.  It seems most people these days are staying stock or chopping their spindles for Vette adapters.  The 1LE upgrade seems to unfortunately be a thing of the past.  I have a 1LE setup myself but I don't see many people go for it online anymore.  It's a shame as it's a nice budget upgrade that keeps everything in relatively stock replacement form.
Mark's Cars Inc.

https://markscarsinc.com

MalteseFalcon

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 01:15:17 PM »

I hear you.  I offered this a while back before the forum got swiped and didn't get response there either.  From my experience, you're probably best off not bothering with the hassle.  It seems most people these days are staying stock or chopping their spindles for Vette adapters.  The 1LE upgrade seems to unfortunately be a thing of the past.  I have a 1LE setup myself but I don't see many people go for it online anymore.  It's a shame as it's a nice budget upgrade that keeps everything in relatively stock replacement form.

I did the 1LE upgrade on my '78 WS6 - along with a set of 1980 discs in the rear. I like them for my Fire Am project, trying to keep it like a factory WS6 package would have been if the performance engineers had been allowed to raid the GM parts bin to their hearts content in the late '70s. :)  The '72 is still going to be a little different. 

I do like the way that the 1LE conversion discs fit within the 15 x 8 Snowflakes, and fill them up completely.

Steve

1978 WS6 - W72 4 Speed, Martinique Blue on Light Blue - Fire Am Restification Project
1972 Trans Am 455 HO 4 Speed (one of 458)

2000 WS6 6-Speed Trans Am, Black on Ebony (sold)
1976 455 4-Speed Trans Am, Goldenrod Yellow on Saddle (sold)
1976 455 4-Speed Trans Am, Firethorn Red on Firethorn Red (sold)

T/A Addict

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 05:01:58 AM »
I do like the way that looks Steve!

I've heard of this but never looked into it much. May be worth diving into it.
Jeff
2016 Victory Cross Country
TATA '72 455 HO Auto
79 T/A 403 Solar Gold
69 F'Bird P-Touring T/A tribute to be
2010 Challenger R/T  PCP

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 05:01:58 AM »

You can help support TAC!