Author Topic: Restore A Muscle Car Double DIN stereo bracket  (Read 943 times)

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
Restore A Muscle Car Double DIN stereo bracket
« on: March 19, 2022, 01:20:25 PM »
If you haven't seen these, I think they are pretty slick.  They are a 3d printed black bezel that takes a Double DIN stereo and puts it in the factory dash.

I just finished up the install and thought I would share.  The bezel fits tight on my Pioneer head unit.  The Bezel had several pre drilled holes in the side of which one pair perfectly lined up on the unit.  Mounting to the bezel was easy.  I mounted the stereo to the bezel first and then slid them into the dash as one unit.

The dash does have to be cut and you lose the ashtray but cutting is easy with an oscillating multi tool.  I do wish they had included a template as I initially cut to low towards the console.  The sides are easy enough to sneak up on but I cut out the entire section.  As I was fitting it, I learned that it actually slides over the lowest portion of the dash.  The new dash cover fixed my goof and hopefully I can save someone the trouble.  It probably wouldn't have been noticeable when installed unless you were laying on the floor, but there is about 3/4 to 1 inch of the lowest part of the dash that is visible when done right.

Mounting the bezel into the dash was a matter of predrilling the holes and using a pointed tip screw.  It thread into the plastic core the dash solidly.  The lower screws you can reach behind and add nuts and or washers as needed in the void where the ash tray was.  Had I not cut too much, there would have been plastic core there as well to accept screws.

Here are some pics.

It does look crooked do to the curvature of the upper dash but it is perfectly parallel to the console and map pocket.

Still have a few things to finish up on the inside but won't button that up until I get the blower issue resolved.

IFLYBY

• Active Forum Member
Re: Restore A Muscle Car Double DIN stereo bracket
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 07:07:46 PM »
That looks pretty good, I hadn't seen that one before. What do they get for that?
Everything is a car , was a car , or will be a car . 79 W 72 T/A--05 GTO--69 GTO Judge ( very , very sick )

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 07:06:24 PM »
$309 plus shipping.  It felt like a lot when I bought it but now that the whole interior is back together it was worth every penny.  Modern radio with hands free calling and Apple Car play ish (only because I chose a stereo for other features) radio with DVD and digital sound processor, etc.

It really does enhance the driving experience and it is so much like a new car in the car to driver interface.  Best of all is how seamless it looks in the factory dash.  I'll get some better pics now that the car is all back together.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 07:06:24 PM »
You can help support TAC!