Author Topic: Best car cover for the price  (Read 856 times)

75taguy

• Active Forum Member
Best car cover for the price
« on: August 28, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »
I'm looking to get a new car cover for my wife's 78 trans am, I'm looking for opinions on the best car cover for the price. In the summer times, the car will be at our cemented garage in town, however it will be stored at her grandfathers dirt floor garage out in the country during winter months. Thanks for any input.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Best car cover for the price
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 01:46:39 PM »
I have a california car cover for my 77 ta. Very happy with it. I think it was their mid line around $200. Form fitted very nicely made. FWIW, I bought a top of the line car cover in 1982, I think I paid around $100 for it from BHMA. Def paid for itself many times over. Using it now on my project in the shop.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Johnny ace

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 03:14:01 PM »
I,as well like the California car cover.Mine is 20 years old.I also think you should consider using carpet remnants or used pieces to park on..I wouldn't leave it on a dirt floor.

langss

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »
If you have no other choice but to park on "DIRT"....Don't do what I did....At least put a Harbor Freight Tarp down on the dirt and roll the car onto it. When I just recently moved my project (Parked On Dirt) under a tree, always covered, but you would not believe how much dirt has attached itself to the underside of the car....It was like a dirt magnet. I have another car that was parked adjacent but was on an old tarp, and it is really clean underneath by comparison. Also be aware that dust and in general dirt will find its way through and under the best car covers. Unless you can control the air movement in the garage and around the car, dust and dirt will settle on the cover. I'm speaking from personal experience. Good Luck.

Johnny ace

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Yep!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »

Mac

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 06:43:49 PM »
If you have no other choice but to park on "DIRT"....Don't do what I did....At least put a Harbor Freight Tarp down on the dirt and roll the car onto it. When I just recently moved my project (Parked On Dirt) under a tree, always covered, but you would not believe how much dirt has attached itself to the underside of the car....It was like a dirt magnet. I have another car that was parked adjacent but was on an old tarp, and it is really clean underneath by comparison. Also be aware that dust and in general dirt will find its way through and under the best car covers. Unless you can control the air movement in the garage and around the car, dust and dirt will settle on the cover. I'm speaking from personal experience. Good Luck.

Yep ditto on the tarp
The Never Ending Punch List!

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 10:19:06 AM »
In addition when parked on dirt or grass moisture and condensation will rust the car from the bottom up.

Regards, Jack

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 10:19:06 AM »
You can help support TAC!