Author Topic: Counting down  (Read 1658 times)

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Counting down
« on: April 29, 2021, 07:16:18 PM »
There had been a decent amount of cruise-in’s around me until last year of course when nearly every one was cancelled with the exception of one (that I know of) which I hadn’t even heard about till late last summer. And it was on Thursdays and I work so I never went.

BUT a week from tomorrow there is a popular local show starting up again for the first time since covid. It usually had a great turnout but I imagine it’ll be packed. Seriously thinking about taking the night off work and going. It’s a weekly event so there will be more but I’m honestly having withdrawals from not snows last year.

Anyone else have any upcoming you’re counting down till?
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Counting down
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 06:20:56 AM »
Yea, the few shows I typically go to are scheduled as of now.  The Del City cruise I posted is one event that continued on last summer. It was the ONLY thing happening. Attendance was overwhelming. Previous years he had 60 or so cars. Last year I think his peak was near 200. This past sunday, the first of the year they had over 100 and it was an iffy day.  I would imagine you will find the same thing happening in your area. Guys have been itching to get out. Good Luck and pics or it didnt happen!
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 06:29:39 PM »
Well, last week was a bust because of weather so today ended up being the first of these local shows  and it was a perfect day for it. I didn’t take hardly any individual pictures but below is the best I could do of the genera area. Doesn’t do it justice at all.

Wasn’t without its issues though. My 4 speed shifter is an aftermarket B&M. I don’t know much about it other than it came with my transmission when I bought it. I swapped it in place if my factory one which was getting loose. This was much tighter but it seems to be getting more loose as time goes on. It also does the “cool” thing where when I shift from 1st into reverse it actually stays in first and goes into reverse simultaneously and the shifter gets bound up. Well, today as my wife and I were trying to park at the show I was sitting uphill when I made the 1st to reverse shift and, yep, got stuck in both gears, rolled backward slightly (think of a car in park on a hill and taking your foot off the brake) and we were stuck. I ended up shutting the car off and having her pull back on the shifter while I rocked the car back and forth. That actually worked but then I discovered I no longer had reverse. Luckily that ended up being because somehow after getting the trans out of reverse the cotter pin must have broken or come out or something cause the linkage had just come apart.
I was BARELY able to get my phone under far enough and used my smart watch to look around with my phones camera. Once I discovered it was the linkage I was able to use a small key ring off of my keys in place of the cotter pin temporarily. Worked like a charm and we had a nice time at the show.
-Brian-

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 06:41:14 PM »
My wife took these. She loves this style Chevy pickup and apparently found me laying in the grass funny lol
-Brian-

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Life is short, have fun, Drive a T/A
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
Where was this at? Looks cool!
79 Trans am low buck LS swapped
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (waiting it's turn)
69 Dodge charger on late model charger chassis
49 Ford F1 on a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Chassis (current project)
Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 07:28:48 PM »
It’s in Perrysburg. At the corner of Indiana and Louisiana every Friday night. Its a nice gathering.
-Brian-

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 07:32:14 PM »
How did you fit under the bird?

Regards, Jack

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 08:45:39 PM »
How did you fit under the bird?

Barely lol. The picture my wife took of me was when I was reaching under with my phone. Once o realized the linkage was the culprit I laid on my back and realized I could just barely see enough to know where to get my hand. I guess it pays to have longer arms. If nothing else it’s caused me to do some research and I may try to rebuild one of these shifters. I just have to figure out if there are any differences and which one to rebuild.
-Brian-

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 08:45:39 PM »
You can help support TAC!