Author Topic: LQ4 Swap  (Read 1445 times)

Sac77TA

• Forum Member
LQ4 Swap
« on: March 12, 2021, 03:49:09 PM »
What's going on folks?

I know this is a highly talked about topic that has been beaten to death across most car forums but I'm looking for some assistance. Came to search the forum and noticed everything is gone, bummer!

Looking to make my 77 T/A a daily driver or something close to it ( I don't travel much). Purchased a  6.0 LQ4 with 115k miles.

I want to make the swap as seamless as possible. In a perfect world I'd just purchase everything on someone else's parts list that has a proven build. Only looking for around 400 hp.

Has anyone on the forum dropped a LQ4 in their 2nd gen? If so what needed to be done? So far I'm tracking the oil pan needs to be changed out, the truck intake should be swapped, and the alternator sits to high in the default location. Are there any other issues with fitment? What are some of the easier fuel routes I can go? Also what are some of the components you swapped out in the engine for your build? Cam recommendations?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Former brake guy
Re: LQ4 Swap
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:49:11 PM »
Not sure on the alternator - mine has the truck location and it works fine.

Sac77TA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 06:27:40 PM »
What did you do for fuel/harness? any pics?

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Former brake guy
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 09:17:11 PM »
I used a pump in tank wit the Corvette filter/regulator feeding repop stock lines flared for AN fittings.
 This is overkill - my Lemans has bulbed ends on the lines with fuel injection clamps and hose.

Harness was the stock GM EROD unit provided.

This is the build:  http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5063119&postcount=71

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 09:17:11 PM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!