2020-B1-2

Author Topic: Aftermarket Glass Rant  (Read 154 times)

Gene-73

• Active Forum Member
Aftermarket Glass Rant
« on: February 19, 2021, 07:43:46 PM »
Awhile back I posted about my trials and tribulations with my OER door glass and how bad it fit. I thought I had a solution which was to return the OER and buy Pilkington glass (hopefully better quality but at twice the price). I ordered the replacement glass back in December but both sides were backordered until mid-Feb. Well, passenger side came in while the driver side got a new backorder date of April.

Found out today that Pilkington has shut down their classic glass division and there is zero chance that I'll get the driver side from them.  :sad:

Also since my last post, for the back window glass I ended up ordering OER locally (no shipping) and had it installed. I figured that fitment shouldn't be an issue because of the way it's installed which was a correct assumption, but it's so wavy you can barely see through it from the driver seat.  :sad: :sad:  Since it's installed I'm not going to replace it but had to go online here to complain. Now I feel better.  :-)

Only good news is that the windshield the glass installer ordered and installed is excellent. PGW brand and it was the cheapest price of all the aftermarket brands.
Gene

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
Re: Aftermarket Glass Rant
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 02:11:29 PM »
Well at least you feel better posting about it.

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Aftermarket Glass Rant
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 07:11:52 AM »
That stinks especially for you, but also for all of the future needs of firebird owners. Keep better care of originals now.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter