Author Topic: My Tenth Anniv.  (Read 70216 times)

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Life is short, have fun, Drive a T/A
Re: My Tenth Anniv.
« Reply #600 on: September 06, 2024, 11:37:00 AM »
As for the bird application, you are 100% right. I did the same thing and wrinkled a tiny spot because I was trying to get rid of a bubble, I should have left alonre.... I hope others see this and don't work the decal too much, let the heat do it's thing over a few weeks.

I can't wait to hear how the painting goes. Good luck!

79 Trans am low buck LS swapped
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (waiting it's turn)
69 Dodge charger on late model charger chassis
49 Ford F1 on a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Chassis (current project)
Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2024, 03:22:17 PM »
Im still waiting on my paint to arrive. Its coming from New Orleans so I dont want to call them right now as they probably have enough on their plate with the storm. In the meantime I just about have my exhaust finished. I ran into a problem with how the hangers work/where they mount kinda thing. Then it hit me, go look at your 77 dummy :shock: So I have that figured out now, will get that part finished up tomorrow. Found a small stress crack in my shaker so I dremeled it out and put some pc epoxy then sanded and primed. Also while waiting I decided to refinish the air bottle for the spare tire. Waiting on the new decal to come in.

I found a pulse wiper switch from Franks in Cali. It took 3 days from the time I ordered until it was in my mailbox. I thought that was pretty good going across the country. It takes Ames at least 4 or 5 days to get me stuff from a couple states away! Anyway, I cleaned it up a bit and wanted to compare it to the one in my car that was crapped out. Wouldnt you know it, the one in the car started working :grin: So now I have a spare. Besides the one in the car was just a slight bit nicer than the one I bought.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #602 on: September 18, 2024, 04:25:27 PM »
I am still waiting on paint :o :sad:
In the meantime I have finished my exhaust. I am only about 90% satisfied and once the car is on the road I may take it to an exhaust shop to see if they can clean it up a bit. The over axle pipe on the passenger side did not fit quite right and I had to modify it just a bit. Cant really see anything unless youre under the car, but it bothers me a bit. To change gears just a small bit I decided to restore the inflator bottle for the spare tire. It came out really nice. I ordered a new label from Ames but its nowhere near correct. The Parts Place has one that is pretty close so I need to get one from there. I got a new park brake kit from F bird central. Pretty nice part and I started the install. That thing has and is fighting me all the way. First was getting the old one out of the floor board by the front seat. Had to cut it. Then that hole was just a slight bit smaller than the new fitting, so I had to ream that out a bit. THEN the hole at the pedal connection was also a bit undersized and that needed reamed as well. I used my right angle battery die grinder with a cone shaped stone. Worked pretty good. All cables in and went to hook up the calipers :shock:
That part of the operation is to be continued...................................

And I got an email that cold case now offers black radiators so I am planning on switching mine out for one that looks correct.
Its only money :shock:
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

N PRGRES

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #603 on: Today at 03:34:13 AM »
The exhaust on these is a bit of a nightmare. I plan to redo mine over the winter. I need to add some hangers to get it closer to the floor pan.
Dave

81 Trans Am w/73 400.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #604 on: Today at 06:12:23 AM »
I used a Pypes dual system. All in all it wasnt too bad, just the last pipe on the pass side was kinda wonky.

As for my e brake, that was pretty straightforward until hooking up the calipers. I thought that was going to be the easy part.
Apparently I have the wrong side caliper on the dr. side. The e brake connection is backward. Not having any prior experience I had no idea when I installed this a couple of years ago. I am sure it is marked L but will not know until I remove it this weekend. Last winter when I was having trouble hooking up my lines I bought a new pair of calipers which I ended up not using and just put them on the shelf. So, I pulled them down and lo and behold the new one marked R is a perfect match for my original dr side that is marked L? The one marked L does not match my dr. Very frustrating.
There was a previous post a couple of years ago that was pointed out to me that someone else had the same issue.

I will try to post a picture showing the difference.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

« Reply #604 on: Today at 06:12:23 AM »

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #605 on: Today at 06:18:48 AM »
20240919_085004 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

Original caliper on the left (marked L) Replacement in the middle (marked R) and replacement on the left (marked L)
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

N PRGRES

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #606 on: Today at 06:29:10 AM »
Wow
Dave

81 Trans Am w/73 400.

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #607 on: Today at 07:27:04 AM »
That's crazy Kerry. Glad you got that straightened out. Hopefully you get your paint soon.

1976 Trans Am LS1 and much more...SOLD
1968 Camaro LSA, T56 Magnum, and much more...SOLD

Current Project: 1955 Nomad LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes and etc...

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #608 on: Today at 01:43:58 PM »
I figure the rotation on the ebrake should be the same, I am hoping that I can move the bracket and spring to the bottom of the caliper as it exists on my car presently. That will keep me from having to unhook the line and then bleed the brakes again! IF not I will have to swap out what I have with this one thats on my bench.

I called the paint store today, they told me that it will be shipped later this afternoon :-? and I should have it within 3 days. Being were heading into the weekend if that is the case I will be looking for it around wednesday. Thats good I suppose as it will give me time to get the parking brake situation fixed, then I have the speedo cable to hook up and that should finish me with the bottom of the car.

I have been putting off but finally got around to ordering a replacement window sticker from Mike Noun. Got it yesterday and it looks fantastic. Mike does a great job with these.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #609 on: Today at 01:45:18 PM »
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #610 on: Today at 04:54:53 PM »
For some reason my pics are not downloading right now, I will post them when they pop up.
OK, So the fault lies on me. The caliper I had on the dr side was marked R. However, it does not match or come close to the original in any way!
As most know or may not, the front calipers are available as a replacement for the second gen t/a. I bought mine at napa. The rears are no longer available. All of the supply houses I checked say the same thing. They are not made anymore. The originals can be rebuilt and I was planning on that, but Firebird central had replacements available. So I got those. They do say they are not like the originals but work. The way they are configured messed me all up. When I was having problems I searched the net and found what were supposed to be direct replacements so I bought a pair. Lo and behold after finding my original they match up perfectly, SO, I suppose they are available. I will post what I used. Everything is now hooked up on the dr side, I need to bleed it again then I can attack the pass side. I hope it goes better :shock:
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter