2020-B1-4

Author Topic: New Classic Industries Aerowing spoiler  (Read 500 times)

01WS6

• Forum Member
New Classic Industries Aerowing spoiler
« on: November 07, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »
Earlier this year on Firebird Nation, I posted a thread asking if anyone had ever modified one of CI's Aerowing repops to get it to fit. Surprisingly, someone from Classic responded to me and asked for me to contact them, which I did. I was told that they realized from feedback that their product had some issues (mine was terribly warped and would have required a lot of modification to make it fit my 86). When I bought it years ago, I did a review on CI's website and blasted how bad the spoiler was. Someone from CI actually called me about it, but nothing came of it. This time I was offered one of the first, new prototype Aerowings that Classic was tooling up to make. Earlier this week, they contacted me to get shipping information and told me one was on the way. They want me check fitment and report back to them how well (or not) the spoiler fits.
I hadn't bought much from Classic since the spoiler, in 2016, but they are trying to make things right, even after all these years. I have to give them props for that.
If there is any interest on how well the spoiler fits, I will post it here once I have it and document the installation. It couldn't come at a better time...I just pulled the rear hatch panel and resealed and reinstalled it.
Barry

My Current "Fleet"
1977 Trans Am
1978 Camaro Z-28
1981 Corvette
1986 Trans Am WS6
2001 Trans Am WS6
2010 H-D Softail Custom
2011 Charger R/T
2018 Power Wagon

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: New Classic Industries Aerowing spoiler
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »
I'm interested. Please post pics and your findings.
John Paige
Lab-14.com

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:39 AM »
Me too out nothing more than sheer curiosity but if they are willing to go to lengths like that to make it right then one can look towards their store for future purchases!!
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(20 years and counting but still have her)
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=79648.0

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 07:22:36 PM »
WoW, Thats amazing that they would look you up as a test vehicle. Kudo's to them for doing that.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

01WS6

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
WoW, Thats amazing that they would look you up as a test vehicle. Kudo's to them for doing that.

They didn't really look me up. I put them on blast a few years back, when I originally bought the spoiler...and I received a phone call from them. However, nothing came from that conversation.
Fast forward to this year, and I posted on Firebird Nation about the spoiler and the first reply was from Classic Industries. That is where me and my car came into the picture. They understood my frustration but were looking at producing a new spoiler and wanted to give me a replacement to see how well it goes on and fits.
In any event, I think CI is going the extra mile in the attempt to make things right. Hopefully I will have good things to report.
Barry

My Current "Fleet"
1977 Trans Am
1978 Camaro Z-28
1981 Corvette
1986 Trans Am WS6
2001 Trans Am WS6
2010 H-D Softail Custom
2011 Charger R/T
2018 Power Wagon

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »