Author Topic: Dash harness clips help anyone  (Read 144 times)

nigel

• Active Forum Member
Dash harness clips help anyone
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:09:59 PM »
Hey everyone this winter I've set my goal to get the AC back in my car and running cold for the 2 weeks of hot weather we have in the UK which we call summer, long story short I've already rebuilt the heater A/C suite case and is back in the car.
To do all the behind dash ducting and heat A/C controls I removed the whole dash which I have to say is easy and doesn't take that long to do, anyway I'm nearly ready to put it back in the car the controls are super smooth now the 40 year old grease has been replaced.
So I'm just refitting the dash harness and I'm missing some of the clips these are the clips that go around the glove box and hold the main harness in place behind the dash they are spring steel and look like there plastic dipped, the ones i'm missing are 2 red above glove box and 3 behind and below the main gauges sorry don't know what colour these are as never had them. So can anyone help, have you got spare ones your happy to sell or do you know where I might be able to get some ? thanks everyone Nigel.

Maxthe222

• Active Forum Member
Re: Dash harness clips help anyone
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »
Try some of the Facebook pages like LadyTATA's House of Parts or Second Gen Graveyard, they're a common piece so should be easy and cheap to find, especially mail over to the UK
1979 T/A Y84 WS6
1979 F/A W72 WS6
1971 Formula 400 4-Speed

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 05:33:42 PM »
Yes, I also recommend contacting "John D. Lorean" at secondgengraveyard on Facebook. He parts out many firebirds and TA's and should have plenty of those dash wiring clips to sell. And he doesn't mind shipping overseas.
Steve F.

Wallington

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:04 PM »
Strangely enough, I had collected quite a few of these in different colours and lengths but sold them not long ago having no need for them with a custom dash.
Is John D on fbook the one with the Mrs who is always posing with door seals or similar?

Just an example of some I had in different colours but think probably also sold.

dash harness clips1 by Aus78Formula, on Flickr
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:14:13 PM by Wallington »

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »
yes
Steve F.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »

nigel

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
thank you looks like i might be able to get some.

nigel

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 04:11:26 PM »
Thank you everyone got some coming with a couple of spare hopefully it will tidy the harness up now and back to original.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 04:11:26 PM »
You can help support TAC!