2020-B1-10

Author Topic: Interior door handle pull  (Read 304 times)

Boldts

• Forum Member
Interior door handle pull
« on: October 26, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »
I have this door armrest that is missing the plastic insert where the screw goes in. I've also seen on here there is a repair kit for this area, I was just wondering if this kit works when the entire plastic insert is missing. Or is there a special fix for this?

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
Re: Interior door handle pull
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:55:32 AM »
I'm not sure which kit you are talking about but I doubt any kit will also include the plastic insert.

Regards, Jack

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 06:27:35 AM »
I believe it would work. The repair kit comes with a metal sleeve, a small screw, and a longer screw. Insert the sleeve into the armrest hole so the angle cut on the sleeve matches the angle of the armrest hole. There's a hole in the upper side of the sleeve. Screw the small screw through that hole into the armrest rubber. I believe that will hold the sleeve secure enough in the armrest for it to work. The bottom end of the sleeve has a hole. Insert the long screw through the sleeve, through the hole and into the door. You might have to reverse the order of installing the screws. Insert the long screw first, then screw in the short screw. I think I remember having to do that, because the long screw wouldn't go all the way in with the head of the small screw in the way.

A5320 by grand73am, on Flickr
Steve F.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 06:27:35 AM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-4