2020-B4-3

Author Topic: budget paint guns  (Read 480 times)

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
budget paint guns
« on: October 05, 2019, 04:49:46 PM »
Well I just painted my car a cleared it, I'm no painter/body man I get by, top of the line expensive paint guns are not in my sights, so a few years ago I got a new Astro off Craigs list for $40 it did a nice job shooting the base coat paint, a purple HF gun did well for shooting epoxy primer, I then bought a HF Spectrum the reviews were very good but I did not like it at all , returned it and got the cheaper two pack pro guns at $35 !! yea for two guns LOL, the nice thing was that the big gun had a 1.5 and a 1.8 tip with it, this gun did great for the high build primer with the 1.8 tip then I tried to shout the paint with it after changing to the 1.5 tip !!! what a joke,m did I mention they assemble these things with something that turns to almost solid glue !!! the touch up gun is un-usable can't even screw on the cup, but hey I got a great HVLP primer gun for $35.
When it came to shooing the clear the Astro did not do well...bad orange peel, so I looked at youtube videos of the HF Professional #68843 and the reviews were also very good, well this gun shoots real nice , at least to this non pro, I'm very happy with the results.

www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: budget paint guns
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »
Wow, those came out really nice!. Yo uh are right most of the guns from HF are good primer guns.  It's funny, I have three off brand guns in may arsenal, one is a HF gun but all have the exact same number cast into the body.  So obviously they all come from the same factory but each sprays a little differently.  Viper was one of them.  With some practice you can get them to lay out good. It also depends on the paint and how thin it is. Sometimes 10% more reducer will help too.
79 Trans am low buck LS swapped
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (This one is next)

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 07:10:06 AM »
reducing the clear did help it lay down better.
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 07:10:06 AM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-4