Author Topic: interpart lift louvre  (Read 228 times)

shawngone

• Active Forum Member
interpart lift louvre
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
I was fortunate enough (if you like louvers as i do) to score a flawless interpart lift louver locally on craigslist.It even has the prop rod and all the mounting hardware. It looks very straight forward to install, but If anyone has the factory directions that would be greatly appreciated. Of course any sticky tape would need to be replaced. I also need a key if anyone has an extra.
What makes this comical it my TA came with the 2 side pcs of the louver and the center was long gone. The 2 sides are identical to the new louver set I got, so i know it was the same one that someone put on the car many years ago, as well as the one i prefer.
to recap, looking for instructions, the right tape/ glue and a key
thank you

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: interpart lift louvre
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »
For the key, there's a fellow member who used to make the keys for the Interparts a few years ago. I bought 2 from him then, and they're good. Maybe he still sells them.

One thing I noticed about the keys I bought from him is that while they're the correct shape, they're a little thicker than original, so they're too thick to go into the lock hole as they are. Original is .050" thick, and his are .060", so I'll have to sand .010" thickness off. Shouldn't be too hard to remedy with a belt sander. Below is a link to his information, if you want to contact him.

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=71278.msg663464#msg663464
Steve F.

Aus78Formula

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
A couple of guys that sold some NOS louvres also scanned the paperwork but yet to share them when requested.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
You can help support TAC!