2020-B4-1

Author Topic: Because there's something wrong with me........  (Read 15741 times)

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Because there's something wrong with me........
« Reply #280 on: December 22, 2019, 08:56:33 AM »
turned out alright
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(19 years and counting but still have her)

IFLYBY

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2019, 09:52:11 AM »
If you still can't find the miss, try spinning it over with the valve covers off; might have a worn cam lobe
Everything is a car , was a car , or will be a car . 79 W 72 T/A--05 GTO--69 GTO Judge ( very , very sick )

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2019, 06:08:29 AM »
She did just fine welding, car coming along nicely.

Regards, Jack

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2019, 07:20:14 AM »
If you still can't find the miss, try spinning it over with the valve covers off; might have a worn cam lobe

The miss is actually gone (well, the one throwing a code, anyway).  Replacing all 3 ignition coils fixed that problem.

The whole darn engine needs to come out and be refreshed.  By refreshed, I mean all new gaskets.
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »
By refreshed I thought you ment a new crate engine. :grin:
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
By refreshed I thought you ment a new crate engine. :grin:

Yeah, I'll just pull $10K out my arse for a 2020 6.6L.  Have to admit, that would be one Hell of a ride.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #286 on: December 26, 2019, 10:28:45 AM »
I was thinking more of what's a long block 3.8 go for?

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2020, 08:06:02 AM »
I was thinking more of what's a long block 3.8 go for?

So, of course I had to look it up.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vre-db61/overview/year/1998/make/pontiac/model/firebird

Not a bad price, really, considering core charge and shipping.  I don't think originality is a concern, seeing as how I don't intend to ever sell.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #288 on: January 11, 2020, 08:33:24 PM »
Gents....  I got sick of having no heat, the hard starts, less than desirable gas mileage a check engine light that's irking me, and huge oil spots everywhere I park.

It's time to dig and replace the intake manifold gasket, head gaskets, and the oil pan gasket.  Why the head gaskets?  Well, even though it normally has no heat, if you let it idle long enough, the temperature gauge will start to climb past 220.  Not good.  Still no heat at that point, either.  Now, if I rev the Hell out of the engine while it's climbing past 220, I'll get lukewarm heat and the temp gauge will start to settle down. 

Gotta start somewhere.  I've already documented tearing down many things above the valve covers.  Plus the internet is FULL of videos of the same crap, so I'll start with the intake manifold removal (which wasn't nearly as hard as some idiots made it out to be).

The upper intake comes off with three 5/16ths bolts on either side, one up by the throttle body, one behind the intake  on the driver side, and then 2 additional 3/8ths bolts on the drivers side.  Oh and it's necessary to remove the bottom bolt on the thermostat housing.

Then, the upper intake lifts right off.

Here's the bottom.  The gasket didn't come off with it, but you all can see some nastiness up by the thermostat housing.

The lower intake manifold (or plenum) is coming off next.  I don't use my air ratchet much, but I thought it would speed things up here.

I also tried to save that gasket.  Yeah, it shattered as soon as I touched it.  That, however, also revealed two other bolts that I had to remove.

Ah yes, hidden bolts in places that Service Manuals don't tell you about.

Then, of course, there's the ones that are so caked in dirt that they are invisible.  Took me awhile to find the last one, but after that, the lower intake lifted off with minimal resistance.

That gasket is DONE for.

The rocker arm bolts are next.  My 3/8th's socket is getting a workout tonight, lol.

Both sides are done and I matched up the rocker arms with the push rods because they'll be going in the same place that they came from.

Last, and most definitely not least, the eight head bolts on each head.  There's four long bolts under the valve cover and then four short bolts on the block side of the head.  They are only 9/16ths, which surprised me.  Also, I had taken the exhaust manifolds off previously.  That made matters MUCH easier.

As I pulled the head off, I didn't know what to expect.  I've done head gaskets before, but it's been awhile.  They aren't necessarily blown, but definitely blocked.  This does explain my heat issues.

Here's a quick shot of the passenger side cylinders.  The pistons are not too darned bad at all, but the cylinder walls are too shiny.  Shouldn't there be some some crosshatching?  Also, there's virtually NO wear at the top of the cylinder.  That's good.  This 3800 II has 165K beat-to-Hell miles on it.  It's lucky to have survived the previous owner.   

Now, it's time to clean everything and put it all back together.  Can't wait.......

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:37 PM »
I bet you were relieved to see the cylinders in such good shape.  I'm sure after seeing all of your previous work you'll have this cleaned up and running like new in no time!

« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:37 PM »

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #290 on: January 11, 2020, 11:19:04 PM »
cool stuff...considering the amount of miles on it, it looks decent for sure!!
Charlie

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2020, 06:26:37 AM »
As opposed to what?  Shouldn't there be crosshatching in the cylinders?  Whatever. 

My plans for today are to take both intakes and both cylinder heads to the car wash.  Yeah, I could throw them all in my parts washer, but that will take forever.

Oh and I broke 2 sensors in the process.  The oil level sensor and the engine temperature sensor.  I'll probably just source those from a junkyard.

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2020, 12:01:10 PM »
I know I've seen a few at various salvage yards, but have you thought about one of those 3800 superchargers? While you have the intake off anyway.

1976 Trans Am LS1, 6 speed, C5 Brakes, LS1 rear 12" brakes, and much more...SOLD
My Build: http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=24465.0

New project: 1968 Camaro LS6, T56, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE, Z51 13.4" front brakes, LS1 rear disks, etc.
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=74591.0

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2020, 09:03:36 PM »
I know I've seen a few at various salvage yards, but have you thought about one of those 3800 superchargers? While you have the intake off anyway.

I have thought about that a few times.  Don't tempt me, as it may yet one day happen  :twisted:

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
As opposed to what?  Shouldn't there be crosshatching in the cylinders? 

Yeah the cross hatch pattern would be present if there were a lot less miles on it but this has lots of miles, so considering that and there's no scoring, gouges, or anything else and the cylinders seem to have uniform wear, then imo, it's in pretty good condition.

could be way worse given the miles!!

now as far as the supercharger idea...hmmm...I like it!!
Charlie

« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »

2020-B1-8

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2020, 08:52:15 PM »
As opposed to what?  Shouldn't there be crosshatching in the cylinders? 

Yeah the cross hatch pattern would be present if there were a lot less miles on it but this has lots of miles, so considering that and there's no scoring, gouges, or anything else and the cylinders seem to have uniform wear, then imo, it's in pretty good condition.

could be way worse given the miles!!

now as far as the supercharger idea...hmmm...I like it!!

A guy at work told me the exact same thing about the cylinder walls. 

Now, as for the supercharger idea:  Ask 10 different people, get 10 different answers on what will and will not work, and why.  Some say there's a kit, some say there isn't. 

There is, somewhere out there in the internet, a reference page on the two different S/C's used and what is supposed to be interchangeable.  It's A LOT of research, time, money, and work. 

Right now, I need to just fix what's broken and get it back on the road.  I've been making decent progress, and I will post pics of everything, but right now I need to move forward and get the repairs done.

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2020, 08:11:47 PM »
Yeah, back together and running is far more important right now!!
Charlie

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2020, 01:46:56 PM »
Sorry it took so long, but pics as promised lol.

So, the day I had chosen to bring the heads and intake manifold to the car wash was an uncommonly warm winter day.  I had waited in line for my turn for longer than it took to actually wash the parts.  I ended up scrubbing everything again when I got it all home because, well, car wash equipment isn't at all as powerful as one might think.

The heads seem to be in pretty nice shape, though.  There were massive, disgusting chunks of milkshake all over inside the heads and intake manifold. 

New head gaskets from FelPro  :-)

Mock-up fit.  I can't imagine the PO would have gone to these lengths.

Out of habit, I coated the head gaskets with Permatex Copper Gasket Spray.

The heads lined up on the first try quite easily.  I was surprised as I had expected a fight here.

Brandy shiny new head bolt set from Rock Auto.  You guys already know that I HATE waiting for new parts to come in, but like everyone else, I have to go with whoever gives me the best deal.  With that, I would think Auto Zone would still give me decent deals.  It seems, however, that 90% of the crew that I used to work with have moved on.  The new employees still give me a Veterans Discount, but many of them don't even know that I used to work there, unless one of my old buddies are on shift.  Even the manager that was placed in power just before my "incident" even treats me like just another customer. 

Anyway, back to the pics.

I didn't get a great pic of the driver side head after install, so here's the passenger side head, new gasket, and torqued down to the correct angle.  This is straight from the service manual:

3. Install new cylinder head bolts.
Tighten
Tighten the cylinder head bolts to 50 N·m (37 lb ft)
in sequence.
• Use J 36660 to rotate each cylinder head bolt
120 degrees in sequence.
• Use J 36660 to rotate the four center cylinder
head bolts an additional 30 degrees in
sequence.

Now for the interesting part.  The push rods are pretty worn.  Worn to the point where, barring precious time and money, they would all be replaced.  Here's the rocker end of a random push rod.  Wow, looking at the pic on my computer monitor as opposed to real life, the pic does no justice.  Believe me, I would have replaced all push rods and rockers if I had had the means to do it at the time.

So, I cleaned everything as best as I could and threw it all back together.  Everything was pre-lubed with Permatex Assembly Lube and I matched each push rod and rocker with the cylinder and valve that it came from.  Then, torqued everything down and did the whole torque angle thing.  For some reason, the 6 cylinder valve train installation doesn't require rotation of the camshaft.  The 8 cylinder valve train requires such.

Coming along nicely.

Next is the intake manifold and the new, improved Felpro gasket.  There was a lot of gunk in the intake passages.  I ended up using a few pipe cleaner brushes and bent them so I could scrub as deep as possible inside the manifold.  Not fun but where am I going to find a hot tank on a Sunday afternoon?

Cleaned and free flowing.  I didn't focus too much on the bottom because it doesn't seal to anything.

Beautiful, brand new intake manifold gasket set :-) (again, Felpro)  The instructions that come with it specifically say to NOT use any kind of sealants on the mating surfaces, except for where the timing cover meets the heads and intake. 

Oh happy day!  I do hope that whoever reads this does understand that the ridiculous amount of time it takes to clean and prep these surfaces for gasket installation isn't usually documented.  I'm sure it's not necessary to take a pic of rubber gloves, brake cleaner, and a scrubbing pad lol.

It took a LONG time to clean that lower intake manifold.  I took extra time to clean out the fuel injector ports and some of the nastier areas from the valve cover gasket leaking for so long.  All that effort and it's still not perfect.  Anyone who sees it, though, would be able to tell there's been some darn serious effort put into the maintenance of this engine.  8)

Let me stop right here for a moment.  Everyone see the bolt hole, just to the left and forward of the yellow o-ring?  Well, as I was tightening the upper intake bolts, the threads stripped out of that hole.  Lovely....  I had to tear the upper intake back off and install a heli-coil.  Luckily....  Auto Zone happened to have a heli-coil kit that was the correct size.  THAT surprised me.

Masking tape and a tarp made sure that I could drill out the old threads without getting any metal inside the engine.

Man.... what a PITA.  With that, the upper intake manifold went back on.

Moving right along, I've been wanting to do something with - meaning replace - the fuel pressure regulator.  It's placement under the hood, however, is ridiculously poorly designed.  There's no getting to it with tools nor camera while it's installed.  The entire fuel rail has to be removed.  Well, now seemed like the perfect time to mess with it.

The "security" T5 screw here has absolutely nothing to do with removal of the fuel pressure regulator.  The inset snap ring, however, does.  I had to file down the nose of one of my snap ring pliers to fit the holes in the snap ring.

Believe it or not, the new Delphi fuel pressure regulator gave me a bit of a fight going in.  That was, until I had realized that not all of the pieces of the old regulator had actually come out.  The old one was totally shot and I had to dig inside the regulator housing with a scribe to remove everything.  After that, the new regulator dropped right and the new snap ring snapped right into place.

Then, I put new o-rings on all of the fuel injectors.  I would replace the injectors themselves, but they are ridiculously expensive.

Fuel rail re-installed, along with all the stupid emissions nonsense.

That's about the end of the hard work and critical/interesting stuff.  Let's fast forward here.  Everything topside is finished.

I've even fabricated the missing exhaust bracket so that the flanges stop breaking.  It's nothing more than a piece of steel rod which I had heated with a torch and bent it according to a few measurements I took.  This will be welded in place to the exhaust, near the rear of the transmission.  There's a rubber mount there that accepts the 90° of the fabricated bracket.  Don't have a pic of that, sorry. 

With everything back together, I primed the fuel pump, turned the key, and hoped for the best.  It ran rough.  Like really rough... What did I miss?  I let it warm up to see if I at least had heat.  Yeah not so much.  Great, that's a real moral killer.  Well I noticed something right then.  The heat was set to come out of the dash vents only, yet the defroster was the only thing working.  Sure enough, I missed ONE vacuum line!  The instant I plugged it in, the engine smoothed right out and idled perfectly.  Now, all of the vents worked, but still no heat.  I guess I have to bleed the system (which I had not done up to this point).

Aside from that, I took my handy work for a test drive.  Runs beautifully, doesn't want to stall anymore, and also starts up near instantly :-)

Now, as for the heat, it's still hit and miss.  Also, I have managed to replace the oil pan gasket, but it was done as a separate project of which I may or may not post pics.  There's a LOT of documentation already out there.

So, with that, Max 2.0 is back on the road!  Now, if I could just find affordable tires...

I'm taking a break from cars a for a bit so I don't burn myself out.  Then it's on to my next impossible project:  Getting my Dad's car to pass inspection.  Oh boy...

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 01:48:41 PM by DeCaff2007 »

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2020, 02:41:18 PM »
Very nice write up! Too bad magazines are going away, you're make a great article writer. Nice pictures too. I really enjoy reading your posts even if the particular project doesn't necessarily apply to me. I hope it stays running for years to come!

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:38 PM »
Very nice write up! Too bad magazines are going away, you're make a great article writer. Nice pictures too. I really enjoy reading your posts even if the particular project doesn't necessarily apply to me. I hope it stays running for years to come!

Yeah, agreed.

It's funny you should say that, though, about making a great article writer.  I have always been good at spelling, punctuation, and grammar.  Even if I don't always get it right, I at least proofread my posts (most of the time) before hitting the "POST" button.

In the meantime, shortly after getting this back on the road, the rear transmission mount completely failed.  I have personally never replaced it on this vehicle.  It was so bad that the transmission was hitting the floor pan any time I would shift gears.

Oddly, I had to order the part and it took almost a week to get here.  When it finally did, I had no garage space available at the time and it was 25° outside and snowing.  There was no choice in the matter.  If I wanted the mount fixed, then under the car I had to go.

At least it was in my driveway and not in the middle of the street somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:35:17 PM by DeCaff2007 »

« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:38 PM »

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2020, 06:31:10 PM »
And you have good skills and more importantly patience. Although I don't comment I always follow along and enjoy reading your posts (and rants lol).

Regards, Jack

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »
Congrats! Nice to see your hard work paying off. I was definitely rooting for you.

1976 Trans Am LS1, 6 speed, C5 Brakes, LS1 rear 12" brakes, and much more...SOLD

New project: 1968 Camaro LS6, T56, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE, Z51 13.4" front brakes, LS1 rear disks, etc.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2020, 07:46:34 AM »
Thanks gents.  As of my last post, I did put new tires on this abomination.  They are the correct size this time (235/55R16) as opposed to the 215/60R16 tires there were already there.

If you all remember, I was trying to get the speedometer to read correctly.  Having a different rear gear ratio and the wrong size tires were the contributing factors.

Well, the new correct tires made no difference, so I did the math. 

55% of 235 = 129.25 (I'm assuming millimeters)
60% of 215 = 129.00 

So there's a mere .25 mm height difference.  Mmkay........... 

I guess I'll have to perform surgery on the transmission again, just to press out ONE gear. 

Screw it.  For now, until everything else in my life doesn't have a problem, I have an app on my phone that shows vehicle speed w/out all the bells and whistles.  As usual, the speedo is 15 - 20mph higher than actual speed.

Blah.  Stay tuned.  If everything goes as planned in the next few weeks, you guys will see that there really is something wrong with me.

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #303 on: February 17, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »
Look into LS Droid, they have a free app that would allow you to modify the tune and make changes. You need to have an OBDlink MX/LX bluetooth dongle and a program that can read and modify .bin files, but this Android App allows you to flash to a PCM. Pretty amazing considering it is no charge.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #304 on: February 17, 2020, 01:35:58 PM »
I read the thread on that and instantly felt like an amoeba.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #305 on: February 17, 2020, 02:49:53 PM »
Ryan, I just read every word, TWICE! And now I am dumber. I have no idea what you said. May as well have been written in Chinese.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #306 on: February 17, 2020, 08:14:32 PM »
RyeGuy - Well, I appreciate the info and I get that you are trying to help.  However, what I think those guys are trying to say is that that might be an overkill work around for a simple problem.

I did google LS Droid.  I understand the concepts, but it's not my cup of tea.  I'd prefer to just tear into the transmission and change the speedo gear.

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2020, 07:06:04 AM »
Haha, Form and Roadking, sorry I've been really getting into tuning lately. A .Bin file is the actual file that contains the "tune" that is on any ECU. Some programs such as HP tuners code the files differently because their program is proprietary. Those are .hpt files.

All good Decaff, just thought I would suggest a more time efficient method. I get wanting to do things with your hands though. At this point in my life with two kids, I've learned to maximize my garage time. So if I can accomplish the same task in 1/3 or 1/4 of the time, I'm all over it. I'll be checking in for updates.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2020, 06:56:01 AM »
Well then, updates, you shall have!  I was negotiating a hairpin left hand turn the other night and the rear end nearly swung into the guard rail.  It seriously was NOT done on purpose!  At first I thought I had a flat tire (which would have SUCKED because those tires are brand new). 

That wasn't quite the problem.  I limped the car home and put it right up on jack stands.  I didn't see anything at first, but then, I took a pry bar and was able to move the driver side control arm back and forth on its bushings.  It was near the same with the passenger side.  Not good.

Luckily, control arms are not difficult to remove.  The rubber part of this bushing came out by hand.  Two others did the same thing.  The last one was still decently solid.   

Auto Zone, of course, had nothing but junk in the way of bushings.  They also had to order them in.  Grrrrr.  I immediately ordered 4 MOOG bushings from Rock Auto and had them overnight shipped. 

it took less than 30 mins to press the old bushings out and install the new bushings.

Installed.  I took it for a test drive and holy CRAP!  The rear end feels 100% more solid!  There's now practically zero sway when driving, turning, or in "DeCaff Mode" as my friends call it, lol.  Also, I'll be replacing those KYB shocks with the correct Bilstein shocks.  They were free, so I tried them.  I'm less than impressed.

I wonder what drive-ability will be like when I eventually get to replacing all of the same things in the front  :cool:

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Parts vender
      • Scarebird Classic Brakes
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2020, 12:28:20 PM »
...I wonder what drive-ability will be like when I eventually get to replacing all of the same things in the front?

Excellent - my father has a 98 Z ragtop with 40k on the clock - only time it gets driven is when I fly up to visit.

« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2020, 12:28:20 PM »

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2020, 04:42:06 PM »
...I wonder what drive-ability will be like when I eventually get to replacing all of the same things in the front?

Excellent - my father has a 98 Z ragtop with 40k on the clock - only time it gets driven is when I fly up to visit.

Sounds like a nice ride :-)

However, about that....  My junk has approximately 165K on the clock.  Gee, how much have I replaced so far?  All the new parts only have about 3k or 4K on them.  Those parts are, little by little, improving the drive-ability and feel of the car. 

With that, I only have 2 more major things I want done before I can call this "project" done.  First and foremost are the door hinge pins.  Both doors creek like crazy!

Secondly, and it may never actually get done, is full brand new exhaust.  I can get headers, Y-pipe, and cat back from Rock Auto for only 3 times as much as I had actually paid for the car.  LOL who hasn't been there?

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
How vivid is your memory on how the car drove when you first picked it up. I would imagine its like night and day driving it around
Charlie

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2020, 06:36:36 AM »
Nice work! I need to buy a press. They are so handy...

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2020, 09:37:37 AM »
How vivid is your memory on how the car drove when you first picked it up. I would imagine its like night and day driving it around

It's definitely a night and day difference.  Thing is, now I know that the front end needs the same work done to it.

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #314 on: March 04, 2020, 03:46:55 PM »

It's definitely a night and day difference.  Thing is, now I know that the front end needs the same work done to it.

Is that going to be a near future project or are you going to rive and enjoy it for now?
Charlie

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2020, 06:17:03 AM »
Well, this Birds sole purpose in life is to get me to work and back.  So, it gets driven almost daily.  It won't be getting put back on jack stands unless something critical breaks.

Either that, or unless we get ridiculous snow.  Then, obviously, my truck comes out to play.

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2020, 05:39:34 AM »
What's the Decaff Mode? can we see a demonstration :lol:

Regards, Jack

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »
What's the Decaff Mode? can we see a demonstration :lol:

Well, lol, I don't have a dash cam. Yet.  Closest representation I could find on youtube, starts right around 1:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2020, 04:00:55 PM »
Soooo....  Not trying to bump this thread but I though it necessary, for some reason, to report that aside from usual day to day maintenance, I've not had a single major thing break or require replacing.  I'm actually still driving on the brakes that I had bought this car with and that's unheard of!  I mean, I can feel the front rotors and the front passenger side caliper showing signs of nearing the end of their useful life, but that's nothing major. 

I gotta say, for as much I as beat the HELL out of this Bird, it has yet to let me down.  One thing I have noticed.  It's not very fast at all from a stop light, but top end on this thing really shines :-)

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:14 AM »
That's great to hear.

Gives that bit of reprieve from so many things going wrong all the time and feels good to just enjoy the car over fixing and cleaning up other peoples messes
Charlie

« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:14 AM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-4