Author Topic: Mastercool hard line flaring tool  (Read 678 times)

Vroom_vroom

• Active Forum Member
  • ka-kawwww
      • my build thread
Mastercool hard line flaring tool
« on: February 15, 2019, 03:08:51 PM »
This is without a doubt the best tool I have purchased in many years! I can squeak out marginal flares with the old hand crank ones on small lines but they are well past that by the time you get to 3/8 line.

Needed to redo a transmission cooler line on a newer truck so I needed to be able to do a quick connect as well. Holy cow this knocks it out of the park! Perfect double flares, trans cooler lines, fuel push connects and it makes them in seconds on or off the car. Told myself I was going to sell it once I compleated my project, zero chance I’m giving this guy up. Spendy but critical for running hard lines.

'77 T/A Poncho 400-4spd.|kre-d port heads|comp hydro. roller valve train|scorpion 1.5rr|800 smi q-jet|tomahawk forged I beams|kb flat tops|OER 15x8 snowflakes|rpm intake&drop base|try-y headers|pypes kit|champion 4 core|rancho sways|Subframe connecters|
'11 sierra 6.2 4x4
"13 avenger

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
Re: Mastercool hard line flaring tool
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:57:15 PM »
Looks nice but it's one of those tools that is not worth the cost for most (unless you are a mechanic).

Regards, Jack

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:15:18 PM »
I have one. Worked my way up over the years and sold my Eastwood tool to move up to a Mastercool about a year ago. They are awesome!
John Paige
Lab-14.com

Vroom_vroom

• Active Forum Member
  • ka-kawwww
      • my build thread
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 10:14:44 PM »
Honestly that’s why I had thought about putting it on eBay, every couple years I end up doing something that requires it but it’s always a full on project when I do.

I almost got the Eastwood one but I found a deal on this one so it was within a few bucks. Super nice tool. Gotta find a spot in the house to store it. Jack seals cook in the garage and die every few years out here I’m sure this would be no different.
'77 T/A Poncho 400-4spd.|kre-d port heads|comp hydro. roller valve train|scorpion 1.5rr|800 smi q-jet|tomahawk forged I beams|kb flat tops|OER 15x8 snowflakes|rpm intake&drop base|try-y headers|pypes kit|champion 4 core|rancho sways|Subframe connecters|
'11 sierra 6.2 4x4
"13 avenger

nigel

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:59:12 AM »
Got to say I bought one a few years ago for replacing hard lines and wouldn't be with out it, so easy to use and very quick  well worth the money.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:59:12 AM »

Aus78Formula

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:24:27 PM »
So that's 3 guys who are now taking orders for new pipes!

I thought about something similar but by that stage I'd already done most of my aircon conversion and finished converting the plumbing of the car elsewhere. Luckily, at the time I would just shoot over to the hose place 40min away, add a fitting, zoom back later with the line bent and cut to size for the second fitting. This went on for some time! I recently contacted them about a custom steering hose, the previous 2 guys are both gone, think I drove them to it!

Vroom_vroom

• Active Forum Member
  • ka-kawwww
      • my build thread
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
So that's 3 guys who are now taking orders for new pipes!

I thought about something similar but by that stage I'd already done most of my aircon conversion and finished converting the plumbing of the car elsewhere. Luckily, at the time I would just shoot over to the hose place 40min away, add a fitting, zoom back later with the line bent and cut to size for the second fitting. This went on for some time! I recently contacted them about a custom steering hose, the previous 2 guys are both gone, think I drove them to it!

lol its nice to have a shop near buy that will help out with small stuff! was kinda surprised no one i knew had even herd of them.
'11 sierra 6.2 4x4
"13 avenger

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
I agree with you Vroom...I have that Mastercool flaring tool kit also. It's a great tool, the best I've found for this purpose. I bought it a couple years ago, since I wanted to replace nearly all the lines on my TA project, and make them myself. And it worked great. I have other project cars too, so it'll pay for itself after a few uses.

At first, I bought the Eastwood tool. The demonstration videos make it look like it would work great. But in actual use, it rarely made a good flare. It was very disappointing. I wasted much time and material trying to get it to work, since I couldn't believe it wouldn't work. So, I returned it and got a refund.

Then I bought this Mastercool, and I don't think I've made a bad flare with it.
Steve F.

rusty stuff

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »
 I bought one years ago, excellent tool. Better than the eastwood model IMO because with the mastercool you can do a flare with the line on the vehicle, so repairs to existing lines can be done.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »
You can help support TAC!