Author Topic: Do you ever feel like a issue magnet?  (Read 548 times)

hakitup

• Active Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
Do you ever feel like a issue magnet?
« on: February 13, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »
So most have read about my house sell and thank God that's done. Now I have an issue with my bank. Chase is not in South Dakota so I need to open a new account and decided on US Bank. I needed to transfer money from savings and Chase wanted to charge me everyway except wire transfer. So I did everything to set it up and when I made the transfer they locked my account, even my internet access so I could not figure out what happened. I called and got the info and fixed it so I thought. Money was gone from savings and not in my new account either. I called to confirm the account number and everything was right. It took three days for the money to transfer, to say the least I was spazing out.

Next issue.........I ordered the Holley Sniper Quadrajet EFI and in tank fuel pump/tank kit. First they block my order for fraud, I get that fixed. The next day they charge me an additional $493, I call and they explain that the original $1944 was to block the money the $493 was the backorder parts. The $1944 was supposed to go back into my account and have a charge of shipped items for $1450 then the charge for $493 backorder parts. So today I get charged another $493, I call and they try to say the same crap and they are sorry my account is overdrawn but they can't fix what the bank does.

So I call the bank and they show the same three charges $1944, $493 and $493 I put in a dispute for both of the $493 charges since I did not get charged $1450. I'm almost to the point that I want to send all of it back and tell them to stick it!!

Thanks for reading my rant

Tom H
"I don't know what you call it, I only know the sound it makes when it lies!!"

pancho400cid

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Viva los PONCHOS!
Re: Do you ever feel like a issue magnet?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »
I thought it was just me....
1978 Trans Am - Chesterfield Brown - current project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - SOLD!

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 06:22:05 PM »
Wait until your pipes freeze, your driveway icces up and the wife falls down, lol, I hope none of that happens to you but that's life. The way I see it is that I don't worry about stuff that can be resolved, the ones that I can't control keep me up at night.

Regards, Jack

hakitup

• Active Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »
Wait until your pipes freeze, your driveway icces up and the wife falls down, lol, I hope none of that happens to you but that's life. The way I see it is that I don't worry about stuff that can be resolved, the ones that I can't control keep me up at night.

Thanks Jack, I worry about money disappearing, pipes freezing, didn’t think of the driveway and I hope she doesn’t fall down because I’m in California for the next two weeks

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »
Well, for me it's the wall oven($) and truck transmission($$$$) so far this week.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 07:46:55 AM »
Tom, that sucks I despise banks. We had a small 5 branch local bank that had been in business for over a hundred years. Started and ran mostly by the local farmers. Several years ago the president decided to start embezzling. We built several branches for them, plowed their snow, did all of the maintenance etc. Got a call 7 am one morning to meet with the VP to change all the locks. The next day the president disappeared. Not too long after the feds stepped in. I was in business with my 2 brothers, we had lots of stock in the bank as well (which had always been a very lucrative investment). Ended up losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, bank called in all loans of which of coarse we had a couple, ended up losing everything. 200k worth of equipment, 400k condo at the beach, building lots etc. Found myself at 50yo starting from scratch.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 08:02:27 AM »
Roadking,  wow, just wow. Glad you have moved  forward with your life. As the county song goes. "Everything's gonna be, alright "
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:32:04 AM »
Holy cow Roadking.  that's awful.  I hope they catch the bahstad and you can get some restitution.
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

hakitup

• Active Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 09:55:59 AM »
Tom, that sucks I despise banks. We had a small 5 branch local bank that had been in business for over a hundred years. Started and ran mostly by the local farmers. Several years ago the president decided to start embezzling. We built several branches for them, plowed their snow, did all of the maintenance etc. Got a call 7 am one morning to meet with the VP to change all the locks. The next day the president disappeared. Not too long after the feds stepped in. I was in business with my 2 brothers, we had lots of stock in the bank as well (which had always been a very lucrative investment). Ended up losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, bank called in all loans of which of coarse we had a couple, ended up losing everything. 200k worth of equipment, 400k condo at the beach, building lots etc. Found myself at 50yo starting from scratch.

Wow, sorry to hear about your issues they make mine look like peanuts. Thanks for sharing I'm sure it's frustrating to talk about.

Tom H

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »
Sorry to hear Kerry, but when so much is involved (and most likely 100s of people) did the local officials not step in and cleaned up the mess?

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »
It was pretty scandalous in our small town. The guy that embezzled the money disappeared quickly, rumored to be in the Bahamas. He went to school with my wife and was a stand up guy, baseball coach great community leader. Funny what greed does to a person. Before stuff really hit the fan the board of directors whom had the most invested in the bank moved their money around and came out smelling like roses. Quite a few locals lost lots of money and loans were called in all over the place. People lost their houses over this. There was talk amongst the biggest losers (of which we were included) of suing the board of directors, but that would just end up dragging things on and nothing was going to come out of. The Feds stepped in about a year after it all went down, shut the bank down on Friday night, all of the signs at the main building and branches were changed over the weekend and Monday a new bank was operating under their guidance. Seemed like 1929 all over again. Lots of heads rolled there as well. We were able to liquidate and reach an amicable settlement with them for the outstanding loans without having to declare bankruptcy, but we lost everything as well.
We all went in different directions after running a 100 family business, my brothers were smart and went to work for bigger company's with paid holidays and health care, I started back at the beginning with my own home improvement business. We had a great reputation in the community and I have built upon that. I think I am happier now and am in charge if my own destiny.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »
I'm glad your are happier now, who know stuff like this still happens but I guess if they were not insured and the guy left the country, not much can be done. I agree greed is a terrible thing.

Regards, Jack

79GoldnTan

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 06:49:01 AM »
What a terrible thing to have happen, however  in charge of your own destiny  is a great thing to have happen.
79 solar gold    
461.   Factory 4 speed
PTFB SFC
PTFB 1LE
3.08 rear  for now
Lots O Fun

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »
I don't feel like things are going wrong very often.  A lot of things, I just don't care about, and the older I get, I care even less.  I look around though and some folks have real trouble and in some cases I feel like they are just never going to have anything go right.  I wonder how they get in that situation and what could they do to get out of it.  Why is everything happening to a certain person?  Life's hard.  Our ancestors had to worry about preserving food for the winter, and they did it themselves, and I think that kept them out of trouble.
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

chief poncho

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »
Just a suggestion...never order anything with a debit card.  Use a credit card, you can then dispute the charges and you're never overdrawn.  Even if you can dispute if you used a debit card, they still take the money out of your account initially.

Sorry to hear the crap happened, but you'll get through it.  Who was the vendor on the EFI setup?
1971 Lucerne Blue Trans Am (455HO, Automatic) - currently my project car.
Previously Owned TA's/Musclecars: 2002 Pewter WS6/M6 Trans Am, 1968 Dodge Superbee 383/4speed,  1975 TA 455/4speed, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0/5speed, 1980 TA Indy Pace Car, 1977 TA 400/Auto, 1989 GTA 350TPI, 1990 GTA 350TPI, 1986 IROC 305TPI, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0/Auto, 1993 Mitsu 3000GT VR4 (and probably a few I've forgotten about)

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »
I don't feel like things are going wrong very often.  A lot of things, I just don't care about, and the older I get, I care even less.  I look around though and some folks have real trouble and in some cases I feel like they are just never going to have anything go right.  I wonder how they get in that situation and what could they do to get out of it.  Why is everything happening to a certain person?  Life's hard.  Our ancestors had to worry about preserving food for the winter, and they did it themselves, and I think that kept them out of trouble.

Life is simpler when all you had to worry about is preserving food and keeping warm. Unfortunately we live in a very complicated time with many issues that can't be ignored. I believe when things are left alone they go from good to bad, everything needs attention and maintenance. I Also believe bad things don't happen to good people but that has proven wrong many times. Some situations you simply can't get out of but I guess it's the end result that what matters the most. 

Regards, Jack

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 06:46:24 PM »
It also depends on your reaction to situation. Some learn from them some don't and let it define them.

hakitup

• Active Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »
So the Holley stuff is all worked out, yay. But I just got blindsided and you won't believe what it is. Starts with me doing my taxes with my CPA she tells me that I can no longer claim alimony payments as a deduction and we have a long conversation how it's wrong to take that away. Come to find out I can claim it and as it sits now I owe $7500 in taxes but once I add this I will be down to $3000.

What we found out last year is my CPA does my EXs taxes also and feel there is a conflict of interest. My EX has increased her income substantially in 2018 and I tried to get support stopped but Cal courts didn't agree. The only way she can not claim alimony as income if I don't claim it as a deduction which is where I think the issue is. My EX can somehow get everyone to believe she is the victim in anything/everything.

So now I have to hire another CPA go over what the last one did and file a 1040X and then file a new one for Cal as both have been submitted/E-filed.

I wonder what life would be like without this type of drama?

Tom H

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 06:26:03 AM »
So the Holley stuff is all worked out, yay. But I just got blindsided and you won't believe what it is. Starts with me doing my taxes with my CPA she tells me that I can no longer claim alimony payments as a deduction and we have a long conversation how it's wrong to take that away. Come to find out I can claim it and as it sits now I owe $7500 in taxes but once I add this I will be down to $3000.

What we found out last year is my CPA does my EXs taxes also and feel there is a conflict of interest. My EX has increased her income substantially in 2018 and I tried to get support stopped but Cal courts didn't agree. The only way she can not claim alimony as income if I don't claim it as a deduction which is where I think the issue is. My EX can somehow get everyone to believe she is the victim in anything/everything.

So now I have to hire another CPA go over what the last one did and file a 1040X and then file a new one for Cal as both have been submitted/E-filed.

Tom H

Darn dude.  I had to Google what alimony is.  That's TOTAL BS!  So you have to pay someone money just because there's a previous marriage?  That's just as much BS as having to pay school taxes, even if you don't have kids.

Everything is about MF'ing money  :roll: :roll:

While we are all venting, however, my biggest issue at the moment is the front differential I have to replace.  I'm procrastinating because I already know it's going to be a fight.

Now for the easy stuff:

Both front axles on a Ford Focus.  JOY..............

Front wheel hubs on an Explorer.  More joy...........

Front suspension on a Jeep.  I figure this to be the most difficult.

Catalytic converter on a newer Nissan.  No CEL so it's last on my list.

Then... get ready for this...  another guy want's an oil pan and gasket replaced, but he doesn't know what kind of vehicle he has.  Great...

All this has to be worked around my full time job, lol.

Then, IF I ever get around to it....  I have a 76 T/A that's been waiting patiently for some attention.

This was supposed to be a friggin HOBBY, not "Let's go see DeCaff because he does solid work for cheap."

The weird part is, years ago, I never used to turn wrench.  It all started with changing a radiator on a 2001 Saturn sedan because I could have bought another car for the amount of money the darn dealer wanted to do the job.

I was forced to put a new blend door actuator in a 97 Windstar after that (requires full dash removal). 

It snowballed from there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:44:08 AM by DeCaff2007 »
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 07:18:14 AM »
I hear you on the blender door. My old 98 blazer had that go out. You have to tear the whole thing apart. Same goes for the dang heater core. Who puts these in places you can't get too? I found it funny on the blazer there was a dotted line on the blower case under the hood with the words "Cut Here" from the factory. It was to access a bolt you need to remove to get the case off.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 07:46:39 AM »
Boy Tom, that sucks! One problem I hope to never have to deal with. I tell my wife I cant afford to keep her, but def cant afford to get rid of her!

"caff, are you serious, you have never heard of alimony? Then 'palimony' must really blow your mind. I enjoy building furniture as a hobby. Quite a few years ago I started off doing a piece for this guy and then that guy. Eventually turned into a full time/ part time job building custom library's, bars, kichens etc. I made pretty good money at it but it was no longer enjoyable or fun. It was just another job. That's when I took a break and built my T/A.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 08:40:39 AM »
Tom, looks like this is another solvable problem but it sucks never the less.

Decaff, I think you are toying with us about alimony, but then again it's a good thing that you don't know much about it and hopefully you never have to go through it.

Kerry, I need to look up palimony so maybe I'm in the same boat as decaff.

Thank God I've never had to deal with such issues but have good friends that went through the process. In MA its it's really screwed up and they take half regardless who'd at fault... not good. The day that I move out of MA will most likely mean that I'm getting divorced lol.

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:41 AM »
There was a famous lawsuit in the 70's maybe?, and I apologize for not knowing the names offhand but one of them may have been a 'Marvin'. Anyway, the couple lived together for a number of years without getting married. When they separated the lady sued for "palimony" much the same as alimony. Completely unheard of at the time,  I am pretty sure it set a precedent for future lawsuits.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

hakitup

• Active Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »

Tom H

Darn dude.  I had to Google what alimony is.  That's TOTAL BS!  So you have to pay someone money just because there's a previous marriage?  That's just as much BS as having to pay school taxes, even if you don't have kids.

Everything is about MF'ing money  :roll: :roll:

While we are all venting, however, my biggest issue at the moment is the front differential I have to replace.  I'm procrastinating because I already know it's going to be a fight.

Now for the easy stuff:

Both front axles on a Ford Focus.  JOY..............

Front wheel hubs on an Explorer.  More joy...........

Front suspension on a Jeep.  I figure this to be the most difficult.

Catalytic converter on a newer Nissan.  No CEL so it's last on my list.

Then... get ready for this...  another guy want's an oil pan and gasket replaced, but he doesn't know what kind of vehicle he has.  Great...

All this has to be worked around my full time job, lol.

Then, IF I ever get around to it....  I have a 76 T/A that's been waiting patiently for some attention.

This was supposed to be a friggin HOBBY, not "Let's go see DeCaff because he does solid work for cheap."

The weird part is, years ago, I never used to turn wrench.  It all started with changing a radiator on a 2001 Saturn sedan because I could have bought another car for the amount of money the darn dealer wanted to do the job.

I was forced to put a new blend door actuator in a 97 Windstar after that (requires full dash removal). 

It snowballed from there.

That's a big list.

And your right Jack it is solvable and I guess I should be happy I caught it before I paid. I really have a hard time understand why the CPA would do this to me, I've been with her and her dad way before I was married.

Tom H

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 11:50:37 AM »
There was a famous lawsuit in the 70's maybe?, and I apologize for not knowing the names offhand but one of them may have been a 'Marvin'. Anyway, the couple lived together for a number of years without getting married. When they separated the lady sued for "palimony" much the same as alimony. Completely unheard of at the time,  I am pretty sure it set a precedent for future lawsuits.

If I'm correct it's now referred to as a "common law" marriage.  A couple never formally got married however they've been together in a "marital" fashion long enough that the rules of alimony apply.
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

kentucky yeti

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • located in western Ky
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »

Actor Lee Marvin.  But what went untold in the news after that scandal was that the palimony suit was eventually overturned and never successfully appealed.  She lost in higher courts.

Jack:  Palimony- like alimony only for unmarried couples who split (pals).
Mike (aka Yeti)

1969 Firebird 400 (non-numbers)
1977 Y82 W72 Auto
2007 F-150 Lariat 4x4 (5.4)
2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD V6
2012 Mustang

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »
You can help support TAC!