Author Topic: Sway bar bushings?  (Read 309 times)

jvmagic

• Active Forum Member
Sway bar bushings?
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »
I performed a search but did not see much info so here I am.

I will be replacing the front/rear sway bar bushings along with the leaf spring bushings.  I hear poly bushings are good but require greasing every now and then.  I also heard about moog bushings but not enough to convince me one way or another.  My car is a 79' TA driven on the weekends during the sunny days in CA.....spirited driving on occasion.
From what I gather, poly sway bar/end links bushings do not squeak.  Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:34:48 PM by jvmagic »

jvmagic

• Active Forum Member
Re: Sway bar bushings?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:49:12 PM »
TTT

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »
I've not had any problems with front sway bar frame bushings in poly squeaking.  Grease them when you install them and you should be good to go.  I don't grease end link bushings and have never had a problem with them.

I did upgrade my rear sway bar drop links to the ones from pro touring f body and used the poly mounts.  I had to run them a while and grease them several times before I could get them to stop squeaking.  Very pleased with them, but they did squeak the better part of the summer.

Tried leaf spring bushings in poly and was not a fan.  I run rubber in the front and rear eyes as well as the axle mounts.

HTH.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »
You can help support TAC!