Author Topic: The Project  (Read 1554 times)

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
Re: The Project
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2019, 05:52:10 AM »
LOOK WHAT I FOUND, under all that crap

20190802_133953 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

Is that spacer normal?

20190802_134014 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

Cleaned off the top of the block using the hand vacuum, got rid of the broken windshield, hung the fenders on the walls and swept around the front of the car. Trying to get things set up for inventory time. I want to take everything out, write down a list of things I have, new and used, and maybe get an idea on what I still need to buy vs what I want to buy. We are sticking with the plan to get this thing put back together and driving as soon as we can (ASAP means before the next coming of Christ).

I will be pulling the block apart to refresh gaskets and check on bearings and cylinders for wear and scoring, and make sure they are good to go.

The rear end I'm using is already out and was painted many years ago, but I need to pull the cover off of it and check thing out as well as get the broken lock pin out. When I went to do it, the threaded part came out the pin stayed behind. The gear ratio in it is what I wanted, 3.23??...can't remember...what ever T/A's were that were in the 3's

I also plan to put the 77/78 nose on it so I need to figure out what all I'm missing for that swap

that's all for now

thanks for looking
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(18 years and counting but still have her)

MNBob

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »
I have a plan for her but i recently decided that life has too many projects on the go for me so instead of a complete, show car quality, restoration, i will recondition it, make it sound, safe and reliable but i will put it together to drive.

I missed this thought when it was posted, but I totally agree.  This year with the new tranny has brought out for me that these are really fun cars to drive and enjoy.  It drives out like a modern car but still has the muscle car feel that says classic performance.  I could care less if the paint or anything else isn't perfect!

So Charlie, get that plan and get her running!  We will supply the encouragement.
1979 TATA Extreme TKO .64
Hedman elite; Pypes 2.5; Borla XS; MSD 6A; Edelbrock intake; open scoop; modified Q-jet; Powermaster 150; 4 core radiator/Mark VIII fan; RobbMc mini starter; subframe connectors; solid body mounts; fiberglass rear springs; poly sway bar and link bushings; 81 master; D52’s; Blazer disks; 225/60 & 235/60 17's TrueContact's; relays for PW, PDL, lights; keyless entry

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
I have a plan for her but i recently decided that life has too many projects on the go for me so instead of a complete, show car quality, restoration, i will recondition it, make it sound, safe and reliable but i will put it together to drive.

So Charlie, get that plan and get her running!  We will supply the encouragement.

Thank you!!

It will be appreciated and needed in groves!!
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(18 years and counting but still have her)

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
You can help support TAC!