Author Topic: Mike Goodman wins championship  (Read 122 times)

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
Mike Goodman wins championship
« on: September 11, 2018, 07:57:05 AM »
Earlier in the year I posted about Mike Goodman's 2nd gen Camaro, since Travis Hartwell in his awesome silver bullet 77 T/A was taking the year off we sponsored another one of our customers to keep Pro-Touring F-Body in the racing scene.
Mike's car is set up much the same as Travis' Trans Am, all bolt on PTFB Comp suspension, race coil springs, A-arms and bolt in roll bar and full chassis kit.
This past week end Mike Goodman clinched his regional SCCA cam-T championship, what is even more astonishing is that Mike DRIVES the car to all events!! all on the same tires too!!!!
I know this is a Camaro but it shows what can be done with the 2nd gen platform, and as some have suggested that Travis Harwell was a  fluke or just a great driver, not so has Mike shown that an average enthusiast on a moderate budget can accomplish and out perform the big budget cars.
Between Travis' T/A and Mike's Camaro these to PTFB 2nd gens have won 7 SCCA cam-T championships in 3 different regions over the past 4 years.

www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

Bluebandit

• Active Forum Member
Re: Mike Goodman wins championship
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »
Well done!  Great to see these older cars take a little modern engineering and be competitive.

1971bird

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:51:23 AM »
I was able to ride along with Mike this year at one of the autocross events. Our conversation was initiated by the PTFB stickers. I could not believe how well the car handled and how smooth / composed the car was with PTFB products. Not only do they look good, they perform as well. Mike showed me the ease of track tuning. Next year I hope to compete against him, we built our cars different and I am new to autocross so it should be fun.

Mike is an awesome individual, one for taking guys for a ride along while at the top of the competition, only separated by a few points, but also just the ease of walking up and speaking with him, he is representative of what the community needs. Thanks for sponsoring him.

I will be calling looking for a few parts soon.

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »
I was able to ride along with Mike this year at one of the autocross events. Our conversation was initiated by the PTFB stickers. I could not believe how well the car handled and how smooth / composed the car was with PTFB products. Not only do they look good, they perform as well. Mike showed me the ease of track tuning. Next year I hope to compete against him, we built our cars different and I am new to autocross so it should be fun.

Mike is an awesome individual, one for taking guys for a ride along while at the top of the competition, only separated by a few points, but also just the ease of walking up and speaking with him, he is representative of what the community needs. Thanks for sponsoring him.

I will be calling looking for a few parts soon.

Thank you sir
Mike is a speak softly and carry a big stick type of man, when I first meet Mike we were at the SCCA cam challenge in Indy, as he ran a couple runs I thought Darn he's fast!! he was within split seconds from Travis Hartwel's Trans Am, this is a national event that brought out some fast cars and Travis finished 5th, I noticed Mike had our frame connectors on the car so I introduced myself and he said yea I have your GT suspension on this car, this was 2016, at the end of the season he bought a couple new items from us for 2017, but started to run into other problems, the faster he got the more it became obvious that he had maxed out the potential of the GT suspension, front too soft, lifting the rear wheels...yea not good...impressive but not good for traction.
Winter 2017 I felt I needed to help Mike out he was just sooo...close
as the 2018 racing season started Mike won the first race he entered then the 2nd and 3rd it got a little rough mid season but pulled off another win this passed Sunday to win season championship, between Travis and Mike I'm blessed to have two great guys that don't BS their way through anything they just DO IT ;-)
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

pancho400cid

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Viva los PONCHOS!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
Very cool!
1978 Trans Am - Chesterfield Brown - current project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - future uncertain

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »