Author Topic: master cylinder won't bolt up - SOLVED, thanks for looking - solution listed  (Read 692 times)

wtatoy

• Active Forum Member
my mc died on me and I bought a Cardone - bench bled it and tried to mount it but I don't have enough threads on the booster studs to thread on a nut ..... has anyone run into this?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:14:44 PM by wtatoy »

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
Re: master cylinder won't bolt up
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »
more info, what year? ws6?
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

wtatoy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:15 PM »

started life as a base firebird 305 w/ TH350

has power brakes, discs front, drums rear - breaking system is stock

thanks

wtatoy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:27 PM »

started life as a base firebird 305 w/ TH350

has power brakes, discs front, drums rear - breaking system is stock

thanks

this is the FUN part of being a weekend mechanic - the bracket for the proportioning valve does not go between the booster and the master ..... but in front of the master before the nuts are secured ..... dooooh

yellow1098

• Active Forum Member
What is the cardone master? Do you have a link? I was looking for a new MC and BB and wanted to get the best one for my system which is the same as yours? Are the big expensive ones worth it?

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
Cardone is actually a remanufacturer, it's just a auto parts store re-maned master cylinder.
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

yellow1098

• Active Forum Member
Dave...I'm planning on replacing my MC and BB...do you sell an upgraded version? Or what would you go with?

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
with the engine you are building I would hold off until you know how much vacuum you will have, that is one thing you need to keep in mind with a big can, low vacuum for the power brakes, so in the end you may need to go dual 9" booster or hydraboost.

yellow1098

• Active Forum Member
Would there be a down side to going with the dual 9" now? Which setup does that awesome grey TA have with the 461 you showed me run? Either way I appreciate the help...maybe waiting is the best route

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Parts vender
      • Scarebird Classic Brakes
Would there be a down side to going with the dual 9" now?

absolutely not.

yellow1098

• Active Forum Member
Re: master cylinder won't bolt up - SOLVED, thanks for looking - solution listed
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »
Which one did you go with? And what mods did it require?

Re: master cylinder won't bolt up - SOLVED, thanks for looking - solution listed
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »
You can help support TAC!