Author Topic: NEW leaf spring bracket  (Read 508 times)

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
NEW leaf spring bracket
« on: September 10, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »
Here is PTFB's new leaf spring bracket, this iron has been in the fire for a couple years LOL, but since moving to our new shop in TN. things are getting done.
What is it:
 Adjustable front leaf spring bracket.

What does it do:
This is a new heavy duty version of the modified stock front leaf spring eye bracket but with additional features.
- 1/4" more tire clearance to the leaf spring.
- One stock mounting hole
- One 7/8" raised mounting hole for improved anti-squat / instant center (further improvement when used in conjunction with PTFB adjustable shackles.
- Heavy duty construction.
- Allows the use of reversed eye leaf springs.

Introductory price $199.00 free shipping (lower 48 US states) untill the end of September 2018
Std. price will be $239.00 free shipping in the lower 48 US states

www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

h3bubba

• Active Forum Member
Re: NEW leaf spring bracket
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 08:26:26 AM »
PM Sent!
1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS4
1975 YT 400,  0.030" over, KRE D-port heads
200-4R, Stage 3
Complete Gen II(PTFB) Front/Rear COMP suspension package
10 bolt w/Moser Street axles, 3.42:1
Bear T4 13" front and SS4 12" rear disk brakes
275/35R18 (18x9) front, 295/35R18(18x10) rear
FITECH Meanstreet EFI

1979 TATA 400/4spd restoration next...

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:15:17 AM »
Thanks for the order Pete  :P 8)

Dave
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

EspriTA350

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:55:42 PM »
Does this new mount function like the global west setup, where it lets the springs tilt (almost like a poor man's independent rear susp)?

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 03:26:23 PM »
Does this new mount function like the global west setup, where it lets the springs tilt (almost like a poor man's independent rear susp)?

Completely different reference.  The ‘tilting’ is in regards to having a spherical joint in the leaf spring eye.  PTFB has that as well.
1979 Trans Am 400 T-top - Platinum Silver, Carmine Interior
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=61460.0

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 03:26:23 PM »

EspriTA350

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »

Completely different reference.  The ‘tilting’ is in regards to having a spherical joint in the leaf spring eye.  PTFB has that as well.

Ah okay. I thought that you needed the spring mount and the spherical joints together for it to work like that. The wording that confused me is: "If you use the CAT5 without the leaf spring mount, it will stop the leaf from rotating which will cause the spring rate to rise. So the LSB-71 stops the spring rate in our CAT5 not to rise while having your tires completely on the ground". I won't link the global west product here but that was in their product description. If the PTFB ones can do the same job at a lower price, I'm all in for a pair.

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »

Ah okay. I thought that you needed the spring mount and the spherical joints together for it to work like that. The wording that confused me is: "If you use the CAT5 without the leaf spring mount, it will stop the leaf from rotating which will cause the spring rate to rise. So the LSB-71 stops the spring rate in our CAT5 not to rise while having your tires completely on the ground". I won't link the global west product here but that was in their product description. If the PTFB ones can do the same job at a lower price, I'm all in for a pair.

Ours will do a little more than the others, the PTFB brackets will allow more tire to leaf spring clearance as well and ours are re-enforced on the bottom making it a more rigid bracket.

Send us an email protouringfbody@gmail.com, I'm out of town till Monday so they can't ship till next week.

EspriTA350

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »

Ours will do a little more than the others, the PTFB brackets will allow more tire to leaf spring clearance as well and ours are re-enforced on the bottom making it a more rigid bracket.

Send us an email protouringfbody@gmail.com, I'm out of town till Monday so they can't ship till next week.

Sounds great. Btw I'm the same person who spoke on the phone with you recently about the viking shocks, probably going to be adding these to the order as well.

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »
Andrew?  thank you for your order sir.

Dave

EspriTA350

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 08:34:52 PM »
Andrew?  thank you for your order sir.

Dave

Yes that was me. You're very welcome and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and being so eager to teach me! Please let me know of any more findings you come to with regards to my potential fitment issue with the reverse eye springs from global west.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:58:40 AM by EspriTA350 »

misery

• Active Forum Member
      • enolive
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
Sent an email this afternoon ordering mine!
Money may not buy happiness, but it sure makes misery much easier to live with...

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 07:55:14 AM »
thank you Eric

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 07:55:14 AM »
You can help support TAC!