Author Topic: Pontiac IL show  (Read 368 times)

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
Pontiac IL show
« on: September 02, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
It looks like I'm gonna get to a show this year.  We are heading to the show at Pontiac IL at the Pontiac Museum.  It is September 15 and 16 with the formal show on the 16th.

I was curious if any other TAC'ers were going.

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
Re: Pontiac IL show
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
I'm not going but it would be cool if you posted some pics from it!!
Charlie

79 Transprit...(T/A Clone) (18 years and counting but still have her)

75Fire

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »
I plan on going.....if the weather is decent. Attendance was down last year because of the threat of rain.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820042
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:12:49 PM by 75Fire »
Fire or Keith

“If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything.”
-Mark Twain

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48210.msg496744#msg496744

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=8200.0

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 02:23:53 PM »
Looks like I'll be bringing both cars, unless one throws me a curve in the next two weeks.

Dreamn2

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »
Several of us down in So. IL plan to attend the 16th
79 Fire Am
76 Fire Am
78 Fire Am

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »

70TA Tony

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
I won't be able to make it this year. Wanted to bring 2 cars.    Our 20th anniversary is that weekend.  So the bride has other plans.
Tony     '67 FB racecar,   '70 Trans Am,    '87GTA,   '94 25th Anv. TA,  '64 GTO

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Tony,

Would have been nice to see you again.  I don't think we've seen each other face to face since STARS probably 11-12 years ago.

How many years of marriage?  My wife and I just passed 21 years.

She's driving the Firehawk and I'm driving the 80.  Should be a fun family trip as our son is gonna split time with each of us.

70TA Tony

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
Hey Jeremy,
wondered what you have been up to.  It has been many years. 
We are celebrating 20 years.  Doing the 20-Moon this weekend.
I bet my son would like to check out your '80.  He is pushing me to get started on his '81 pro-touring build.  Until then he gets to drive the 25th Aniv car.
Tony     '67 FB racecar,   '70 Trans Am,    '87GTA,   '94 25th Anv. TA,  '64 GTO

T/A Addict

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 03:38:53 AM »
Congrats on 20 Tony.
That poor kid.... How can he ever survive having to drive the 25th? You are one cruel guy! :)

Hope you guys that do get to go enjoy the Pontiac show, post some pics if you would.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:40:31 AM by T/A Addict »
Jeff
2016 Victory Cross Country
TATA '72 455 HO Auto
79 T/A 403 Solar Gold
69 F'Bird P-Touring T/A tribute to be
2010 Challenger R/T  PCP

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 04:11:23 PM »
Got the cars waxed and gassed.  Gonna finish packing tonight.

First road trip with the 80 since making the change to fuel injection.  Last long road trip was to TA Nats probably 12 years ago.

First road trip to a car show with my son.  I think he's a little excited.  He's talked more about the cars in the last week than ever before, combined!!!

Firehawk should be good to go.  Drove it 7 hours from Chicago the weekend we bought it.

I'll post some pics next week.

TA6.6Liter

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
We'll be there Sunday with our 77 and 80 turbo pace car. Cruising in with the Indy Firebird Club.

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »
Awesome first leg of the trip.  Got a chance to test pure highway mileage.  Filled up and got right on the interstate.  Got to St. Louis and had about 2 miles of city driving before I stopped to refill.  22.7 mpg running 70-75 with the AC on!!!  Toured the governors mansion in Springfield this afternoon. Well worth the time.

Dreamn2

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
Jeremy,
Glad we got to chat for a minute. I wish I would have remembered to talk to you about your set up. What trans is in your car?
79 Fire Am
76 Fire Am
78 Fire Am

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 03:57:10 PM »
Enjoyed chatting as well.  I got to say there was so much going on I didn't get to chat as much as I had thought I might.

Since the whole family came we spent a lot of time together doing things.  Really didn't even get to stare at the cars as much as I would have liked.

I'm running a tremec 3550 I believe.  I did the swap so many years ago it was a converted Ford transmission from dark horse racing.  I don't think they are even in busines anymore.  It has a ford 10 spline clutch disc with a GM pressure plate.  First gear is 3.27 and OD is .68.

Car did really well other than a few minutes on town square on Saturday.  We pulled in and parked the cars.  Registered and looked around a bit and went to go back to the motel.  Car wouldn't start.  Would spin like crazy but not fire.  We decided to leave it and go to the motel so I could change and tinker with it and I locked the keys in the car.

Thankfully someone had some baling wire and I was able to unlock it pretty quick.  When I got to look it over, it ended up being a setting on cranking fuel.  I had been adjusting it during the week prior to fix a cold start issue and apparently gone too lean.  Went back to the original setting and it fired right up.

Checked the mileage head to head with the Firehawk on the way home and I was pleased.  Over 120-150 miles I could be within 2-3 gallons.  Firehawk was getting 22.7 for highway with some city thrown in and the TA was getting 18.7 and 19.7 depending on how much stop and go.

If the Pro6Ten compressors are more efficient than the A6, that will help close the mileage gap.  I ran about 20 miles without the AC and the MAP readings were 6-10 less than with the AC on.

Of course, I thought I'd be smart when I got home and save the settings as a fall back and apparently didn't know what I was doing and downloaded FITECH base setting 2.  I was a little sick to my stomach when I saw that I had lost all the data from the 600 miles.
  Thankfully I log all tuning changes and was able to reset the settings pretty quick.  As a side benefit, the baseline map seemed to have something the car liked for cold starts as that problem has smoothed out.

I wish we could have stayed for awards but we made it back in town with little time to chill before getting ready for school and work as it was.

I'll post picks later in the week when I get a change to go through them.

75Fire

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:15 PM »
Saw your cars and later, noticed you left early. Took a pic of the '80 and part of the Firehawk. I was across the street and on the South East corner....Silver '75 TA.
Fire or Keith

“If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything.”
-Mark Twain

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48210.msg496744#msg496744

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=8200.0

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:15 PM »

Dreamn2

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
Enjoyed chatting as well.  I got to say there was so much going on I didn't get to chat as much as I had thought I might.

Since the whole family came we spent a lot of time together doing things.  Really didn't even get to stare at the cars as much as I would have liked.

I'm running a tremec 3550 I believe.  I did the swap so many years ago it was a converted Ford transmission from dark horse racing.  I don't think they are even in busines anymore.  It has a ford 10 spline clutch disc with a GM pressure plate.  First gear is 3.27 and OD is .68.

Car did really well other than a few minutes on town square on Saturday.  We pulled in and parked the cars.  Registered and looked around a bit and went to go back to the motel.  Car wouldn't start.  Would spin like crazy but not fire.  We decided to leave it and go to the motel so I could change and tinker with it and I locked the keys in the car.

Thankfully someone had some baling wire and I was able to unlock it pretty quick.  When I got to look it over, it ended up being a setting on cranking fuel.  I had been adjusting it during the week prior to fix a cold start issue and apparently gone too lean.  Went back to the original setting and it fired right up.

Checked the mileage head to head with the Firehawk on the way home and I was pleased.  Over 120-150 miles I could be within 2-3 gallons.  Firehawk was getting 22.7 for highway with some city thrown in and the TA was getting 18.7 and 19.7 depending on how much stop and go.

If the Pro6Ten compressors are more efficient than the A6, that will help close the mileage gap.  I ran about 20 miles without the AC and the MAP readings were 6-10 less than with the AC on.

Of course, I thought I'd be smart when I got home and save the settings as a fall back and apparently didn't know what I was doing and downloaded FITECH base setting 2.  I was a little sick to my stomach when I saw that I had lost all the data from the 600 miles.
  Thankfully I log all tuning changes and was able to reset the settings pretty quick.  As a side benefit, the baseline map seemed to have something the car liked for cold starts as that problem has smoothed out.

I wish we could have stayed for awards but we made it back in town with little time to chill before getting ready for school and work as it was.

I'll post picks later in the week when I get a change to go through them.

What rear gear?
79 Fire Am
76 Fire Am
78 Fire Am

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:14 AM »

75Fire sorry I missed you.

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:14 AM »
You can help support TAC!