Author Topic: Olds 403 Replacement Stock Oil Pan to fit a '79 T/A?  (Read 166 times)

Dbenja

• Forum Member
Olds 403 Replacement Stock Oil Pan to fit a '79 T/A?
« on: August 26, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »
Hello T/A Country.  I pulled the Olds 403 engine on my wife's '79 Trans Am and had it rebuilt.  Upon shipment back to me, the pallet snapped and the weight of the engine damaged the oil pan.  I don't want to let the engine out of my sight again, so I have set out to replace the oil pan myself.  My builder sent me a replacement which has a slightly different shape; there is a gentle slope between the deep end and the shallow end of the oil pan.  My original pan had no slope, in order to make room for the exhaust crossover pipe.  Sure enough, after I installed the replacement with the slope, the crossover doesn't fit.  I need a replacement oil pan in the same shape as the original.  I'm looking on uneedapart.com but I'm here on this forum asking you for suggestions on other places to look for a stock replacement oil pan.  Thank you!

olds403

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Olds 403 Replacement Stock Oil Pan to fit a '79 T/A?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
Put an ad up on realoldspower.com or classicOldsmobile.com would be my suggestion.  Otherwise, the Moroso 7qt fits perfect although you need to change your oil pump pickup

Re: Olds 403 Replacement Stock Oil Pan to fit a '79 T/A?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
You can help support TAC!