Author Topic: Help with signal light  (Read 257 times)

FireFox95

• Forum Member
Help with signal light
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:48:03 PM »
Hi guys, I have a 1995 Trans Am that I have had in storage for the last six years and just recently was able to find a suitable place where I can keep it in order to drive it several times a month.  When I got it back, the driver's side tail light was cracked and water had gotten inside.  The best deal I could find was on the 98-02 honeycomb style, so I upgraded and installed them over the weekend.  I did have to replace the flasher, but I was able to get all the bulbs working and blinking again when they were supposed to.  Once I had everything done, I noticed that the signal on the driver's side is fine when the headlights are off, but when the headlights are on, the blinks alternate.  I won't be able to get back to it until the weekend, but was looking for some help.  Could the wiring have gone bad, a bad socket, or possibly a bad tail light assembly?  I included a video of the different ways the lights are blinking.  https://youtu.be/9JvZ41WZVxU  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!   

mrpontiac80

• Oracle Forum Member
  • North west Arkansas
Re: Help with signal light
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »
I wish I could help, I don’t think I’ve seen that before.
Michael Russell

FireFox95

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »
I replaced the socket for the bulb that wasn't blinking in time with the others.  The old socket was actually corroded.  Problem solved.

81Blackbird

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »
When I replaced the incandescent bulbs with LED's ('81)I thought it was an issue also.  I asked Grand73Am if his '79 T/A with OEM bulbs did the same thing and he confirmed it did.  Both of us never noticed that kind of operation as long as we had the cars.  Headlights off ensync...headlights one alternating. May have changed in later years.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »
You can help support TAC!