Author Topic: Fuel Pump????  (Read 50 times)

bmanrrt

• Active Forum Member
Fuel Pump????
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:40:36 PM »
Hi guys, I am getting ready to try replacing the fuel pump on my 79 TA with an olds 403 in it. I just had a new motor installed and they used a lot of old parts. Wish they just replace the fuel pump but I think they didn't and to keep it from sitting at the shop for weeks I am going to just try this myself. I am not 100% positive it is the problem though. It seems like it is but I am not sure.
What it does is after driving around for a while it may stall or seem fuel hungry, usually starts back up after cranking it a bit but yesterday it died on me entirely. I let it sit for about 20 min to see if it was flooded but no luck. I did notice the fuel filter was close to dry at this time. I took an uber home and came back in a few hrs, the fuel filter was 1/3 full so I was able to start it and drive it home. I let it idle in the garage for about 10 min until it stalled and the fuel filter was close to dry again. Now this morning the fuel filter has gas in it again. I am assuming it is the fuel pump, but I am confused on how the filter (or line entirely) would fill back up just sitting. Any advice would be appreciated. Does this sound like a fuel pump issue?

Fuel Pump????
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:40:36 PM »
You can help support TAC!