Author Topic: Bluetooth in a 94 Base Coupe Firebird  (Read 211 times)

jcwillia1

• Active Forum Member
Bluetooth in a 94 Base Coupe Firebird
« on: June 28, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how to bring my 94 Firebird into the modern age and I guess I'd prefer to do it in the least invasive way possible (ie not change the car)

The cigarette lighter is a good start for power but then I can't seem to figure out how to get audio from the phone to the car. 

Tape adapters suck plus they are wired. 

FM transmitters have terrible audio and the one that I have didn't work.

Is there a somewhat simple way to add an AUX jack? 

My car does have a CD changer which I will never use in the trunk.

I've thought about swapping out the deck (the display doesn't work on the radio anyways) - is there a mounting kit that is best practice / recommended?  I looked at various kits for a couple hours but there's always one review that says "it says it was the right size for my car but it wasn't" which makes me nervous.

My car is a base model 1994 hard top hatchback / coupe.  I have 2 speakers in the door up front plus tweeters on the dash and then rear speakers also.  The stereo appears to be original.  It mostly works except for the display.

Any thoughts / recommendations appreciated.

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Bluetooth in a 94 Base Coupe Firebird
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 07:55:07 AM »
If you want to do this yourself, you might try Crutchfield.  They are geared to the DIYer and provide detialed instructions and support for the installation.
https://www.crutchfield.com/g_300/All-Car-Stereos.html

Otherwise go to a reputable car audio store and have them assist with hardware selection and do the install.
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »
Hey, you found a car!!!  Good for you! Somehow missed your post with the link to pic of it and just saw when I searched your previous posts. AND now you've learned about PPI's and had one done! Bonus, we'll make a gar guy outta ya yet, ahahaha.

I'd just stop by your local car electronics installer and ask them what they can do for you and how much it'll cost.
John Paige
Lab-14.com

jcwillia1

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 02:03:29 PM »
Hey, you found a car!!!  Good for you! Somehow missed your post with the link to pic of it and just saw when I searched your previous posts. AND now you've learned about PPI's and had one done! Bonus, we'll make a gar guy outta ya yet, ahahaha.

I'd just stop by your local car electronics installer and ask them what they can do for you and how much it'll cost.

Thanks. I’m still afraid I’ll kill it at any moment so i haven’t really started *driving* it really like it wants to be driven.

A killer soundtrack wouldn’t hurt. ;)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 02:03:29 PM »
You can help support TAC!