Author Topic: Tuning for more low to midrange power with FiTech?  (Read 187 times)

brdzword

• Active Forum Member
Tuning for more low to midrange power with FiTech?
« on: August 15, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
My 440 (10.25 CR with D-port Edelbrock heads) seemed to lack some power below 3000 rpms and I also had some light pinging  with the vacuum advance. My ignition is set at 18initial + 18 Mech.  for a total of 36 deg. and 12 (stopper used to limit from original 16 )from vacuum advance connected to manifold vacuum.  The Fitech allowed me to change AFR between 1100-3000 rpms. from default setting 14.0:1 fuel ratio. I dropped it in increments. I'm now at 13.2:1 and have felt stronger pulling from engine. I also notice what appears to be a drop in the light pinging sound. Does this make sense? Am I understanding the Fitech AFR tuning adjustment? Thanks Guys!

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
Re: Tuning for more low to midrange power with FiTech?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
It would probably help if you told us the AFR targets at the different MAP and RPM set points.

Cam specs would probably help as well.

The FITECH will let you adjust the desired AFR in really small increments.  I usually make changes of 0.2 and live with them for a week before making any conclusions.

Re: Tuning for more low to midrange power with FiTech?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
You can help support TAC!