Author Topic: Optima Event at Bowling Green, KY  (Read 147 times)

skisix38off

• Active Forum Member
Optima Event at Bowling Green, KY
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:14:08 AM »
We made the journey to Bowling Green, KY in just under 11 hrs.  We got our spot on paddock set up and started getting ready for the event.  So far this season has been plagued with problems, mostly mechanical ones.  The DSE parts are working great but, I haven't had the chance to test them on track.  Before this event, the Y88-R has only 4 total laps on it before a head gasket failure sidelined the car.  I'm still having trouble with pinging in the engine and have been retarding the timing and at this event was running on 110 race gas.  My goal for this event was to get some seat time and survive and hopefully not have a broken car at the end.  I did get some good seat time and started to get a feel for what the car could be with some tuning but, I was very careful with the gas.  I never pushed it to full throttle and still finished mid pack in autocross.  My overall score was slightly better than I've done in the past which I think is really good considering I was babying the car all weekend.  I will get more images posted up as I get them processed but, here is one from our sponsor PowerStop Brakes.

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
Re: Optima Event at Bowling Green, KY
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:42:04 AM »
Looks like you had fun which is what really counts. Looking forward to some pics or video if you had one taken.

Regards, Jack

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:11:05 AM »
The car looked real good.
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

skisix38off

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »

The Boss!

This car won the overall in GTV.

skisix38off

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:24:48 AM »
Speed Stop Challenge video.

https://youtu.be/Ae4ZRm77WZc