Author Topic: The Last Jedi (Spoilers)  (Read 788 times)

DarkStar

• Active Forum Member
The Last Jedi (Spoilers)
« on: December 15, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »
Any one saw that last jedi last night? If so what do you think?
I was kinda let down a bit. Did snoke really get killed that easily? Also are we ever going to know whos Reys parents are? I hope what kylo ren said to her about her parents isnt true.
2009 G8 GT
2005 GTO
1978 T/A

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: The Last Jedi (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »
Out of curiosity, how old are you? I am almost 54 and saw the originals at the movie theatre, I like the first 3, but kinda lost interest in all of the reboots. I started to watch one of them one time and couldn't get through it. I guess its a generation thing. There was a member on here (haven't heard from him in a long time) that was involved with the making of a couple of the new movies I think.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DarkStar

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
Im 34. I wish I was around when the originals where out. The only reason I got so into them was because my dad had all the movies in VHS and would play them a lot for us when we were kids.
The prequels can be a bit hard to get thru specially episode I, but after so many years they have kinda grown on me.
2009 G8 GT
2005 GTO
1978 T/A

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
I saw return of the Jed in the theater.. My name is Luke, I was born in 78, wonder what my parents were thinking.... I too can't watch the three newer ones... The one with Rea was good I thought..
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Rickard080TA

• Active Forum Member
  • 1980 TA SE
      • 1980 TRANS AM SE
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
I saw the original in the theater when I was 5, it changed my life! I went from cops and robbers to Space Hero!

I didn't like the newest movie, except Rei's story line. I knew they had to tie up Luke's story so they can move on but this kind of sucked. I would put this one barely above the prequels. Also the stupid penguins were stupid!
Drive it like it's a rental.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »

LeighP

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 06:35:09 PM »
I was at the opening night of the original in 77.....saw the others as they came out in the theatres. the first prequel wasn't much, the 2nd two were a bit better, but the young bloke who played DV was an odd choice...not really all that good.
The last sequel was also "ok" but not mind altering....I actually prefered Rouge One. This time, I'm sort of thinking I'll just wait till the movie is avaialbe on cable or as a rental....its not really enthusing me enough to go to the movies.
Regards,
Leigh

Sydney, Australia
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400 coupe (project)

Former Firebirds -
1971 Pontiac Firebird 455
1977 Pontiac Trans Am
1976 Pontiac Trans Am
1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 coupe

DarkStar

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 10:30:04 AM »
Yeah, Rogue One is probably the best one of the recently new start wars movies. Seems many people are split 50/50 with the last jedi.
2009 G8 GT
2005 GTO
1978 T/A

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »
I saw Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit in '78 when I was 4yrs old (Blockbuster movies lasted much longer in theaters then than now). Both movies made an impact in my life. I collected Trans Ams and Star Wars toys. Of the initial three movies, the Empire Strikes Back is my favorite.
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »
I'm sort of in the "if you've seen one you've seen them all" category with these movies now, I like the 3D special effects, but the stories are getting old.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »
The old James Bond movie "Live and let Die" was on over Christmas. The Sheriff in that movie has to be where Jackie Gleason got his inspiration for his role in Smoky and the Bandit. Those old movies are cheesy, but man was I laughing hard during the cop chase scenes.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
I love "live and let die". First Bond movie I saw at the theatres. Yes its pretty cheesy but still entertaining. Lots of similarities with the sheriffs. He had an appearance in Man with the Golden Gun also.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
I've liked them all. Just saw the latest one this past weekend so shied away from this thread until today. While VII was a bit of a remake (Disney really didn't have a continuing story line) I thought this new one was good, the old generation is now past and a new generation in place. Rogue One was very good and probably the best Disney has done to date. We are seeing them in the theater because I have a 15 year old who loves Star Wars. She'd liked all of them.

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:25 AM »
I commented to my wife, at this stage in the development of the Star Wars story, this might be considered a hack story line.  Much to my surprise, all that matters is one good guy and one bad guy, and we have to see what they do in another movie.  Or, they can get a 2nd bad guy and then you can just recycle the plot back to episode 5.

I still liked it.  I don't mean to be negative overall.  I like Mark Hamill and in fact Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley too.  (I admit after Hayden Christensen anybody who can fog a mirror looks great to me). 

I wondered if they considered re-shooting a few scenes to kill off Princess Leia as part of the plot, since Carrie Fisher passed away.  It would have easy to do.  I have never been a fan of the star wars books and cartoons and whatnot.  I suppose because of fans they have to stick to a story line that is consistent with what they already have out there.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:04:41 AM by firebirdparts »
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 11:07:04 AM »
The old James Bond movie "Live and let Die" was on over Christmas. The Sheriff in that movie has to be where Jackie Gleason got his inspiration for his role in Smoky and the Bandit. Those old movies are cheesy, but man was I laughing hard during the cop chase scenes.

No doubt.  Look at this too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2UvBjNh58
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

JBG

• Active Forum Member
      • http://www.jbguitars.com
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »
TLJ was okay.  I'd like to see it again in the theater (I think the experience is better than at home for certain flicks).  They should have killed Leia off when they had the chance.  I read that she was supposed to be a main storyline in Ep 9, but if it was like 7 & 8 with regards to Han & Luke, she was a goner.  Better to have done it when it made sense (onscreen) in 8.  It was setup to be a perfect plot device & scenario... then she pulled a Mary Poppins in space.

Rogue One has been my favorite of the new ones.  Force Awakens was a fun time but, being a Star Wars nerd at heart, it was a rehash of Ep 4. 

EP 1-3 live in the bottom drawer of the dvds.
THREADKILLER
75 T/A

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
The story line of Hans Solo is going to be told this May 5th, if Rogue One is any indication about "side" stories, it should be good.

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »

No doubt.  Look at this too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2UvBjNh58

Wow! That definitely looks like Buford material. That's a hot Blonde... 8-)
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

Mumbles

• Active Forum Member
  • 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula WS7
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 03:21:03 PM »
I was born in 1979 and saw all of the Original Trilogy except "A New Hope" (or as it was called then "STAR WARS") in the theater.  I saw them again during the Special Edition Releases in the 90s.  And although they have their issues, I liked the Prequels when they were released and continue to enjoy them today.  I loved what Abrams did with "The Force Awakens".  And "Rogue One" was great for a stand-alone STAR WARS Story.  Needless to say, you have a big STAR WARS fan here.

With that said, I have to admit that after seeing "The Last Jedi" for the first time I was very disappointed.  This was the first time I had left the theater after seeing a STAR WARS Movie that I was literally angry.

The very next day, I went back to see it with my 6 year old son.  There is a scene late in the movie where the Resistance is taking heavy losses.  Next you see a couple of Tie Fighters get blown up out of nowhere and then the shadow a very famous and popular ship shoot across the ground.  Asher turns to me after that scene and with a grin exclaims, "The Millenium Falcon! Dad, that was SO AWESOME!"

The next night my wife wanted to see it and take our 3 year old son to see it as well, so Asher and I went again.  As the theater went dark and you see the "Lucasfilm" Logo come across the screen, Boone sitting next to me whispers, "Lucasfilm."  Next you see in blue lettering, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...".  Again Boone whispers this to himself.  The words fade away to dark and then the trumpeting of John Williams and the infamous gold lettering fill the screen and Boone shouts, "STAR WARS!"  The whole theater loved it.

I've seen the movie one other time since then and I still have issues with the story, timeline and the fact that there isn't a REAL @#$%ing Lightsaber Battle in it, but knowing that my boys can enjoy this movie as much as I enjoy the others, its got something going for it and that I should like it too.  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:30:34 PM by Mumbles »

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 06:11:05 AM »
Last night I finally saw The Last Jedi, nothing exciting and I had to remind myself (with the help of Google) of the different characters. I think they succeeded to keep the suspense going but it's getting old...

Regards, Jack

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 06:35:33 AM »
I'm late to this post, but I'll say that I liked TPM better then TLJ, which is saying a lot.  I have followed all of the lines, animated and theatrical.  My favorite by far has been the Rebels series.  It is a great tie in between the episodes and explains a lot of details.  One of the big questions brought up in the prequel was the "whole cheat death" ability that was the premise for Anakins fall, but they just left it out there and never touched it again.  Rebels covered it and it was a very satisfying explanation.  I

I'm disappointed that SOLO wasn't rated better, as I thought it was better than TLJ. 

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 06:35:33 AM »
You can help support TAC!