Author Topic: Ram Air Restoration Enterprises (Exhaust headers)  (Read 3643 times)

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
  • "Life is hard, It's Harder when your'e Stupid.."
      • My Trans Am - Restoration Project
Ram Air Restoration Enterprises (Exhaust headers)
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:22:21 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about Ram Air Restorations? I ordered an exhaust kit from them back in June and most of the exhaust system has been on back ordered . I have tried calling them and tried emailing them , but their voicemail has been deactivated. I last contacted them 2 weeks ago and was told my stuff would ship and I'd have it in a week. Tried calling them back and unable to get a hold of them ( no answer, no voicemail available).
Does anyone have any info on them,
Thanks,
Jim
1979 Trans Am- Heritage Brown -W72 (Pontiac 400) -4Speed-WS6
1972 LeMans Convertible
1972Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird

stros

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Ram Air Restoration Enterprises (Exhaust headers)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »
I received my manifolds from them about a month back.  They were pretty hard to get a hold of but I eventually got a call answered.  You may want to try to contact them via eBay, as it looks like they're still selling product there.
Darryl

'77 black TA Hardtop L78
Build thread:
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=61066

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 05:08:12 AM »
This may or may not be relevant to your question but, I bought their products some years ago, didn't have any challenges, manifolds and down pipes were great, customer service was good too. That's my experience but, that was about 5 years ago. If I remember right,  it took a month or two to get my parts.

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »
I used their stuff on my Trans Am two years ago. The problem I am having now is getting the parts that I ordered back in May. I hope they are not going out of business
Jim
1972 LeMans Convertible
1972Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
      • http://www.pro-touringf-body.com
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
They are not going out of business, as a small specialty shop we run into supplier problems all the time, they are still buying parts from us.
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
They are not going out of business, as a small specialty shop we run into supplier problems all the time, they are still buying parts from us.

Good info, last thing we need is to start rumours, but it's really difficult to stay positive about a business when they are not answering the phone. It seems there are a few good businesses in this hobbie that can't seem to answer the phone. (I can think of at least 3) but I would still use them as they do good work, at a fair price and so far have always delivered. Just not always on time. That is really scary when you sent money up front.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 11:13:33 AM »
I understand how one can think that, most of the time we are one man shops and I run into the same problems, when we call our suppliers they tell us one thing and it ends up being another they really don't care about the small shop that orders 100 or less parts at a time.
www.pro-touringf-body.com  your source for making your Trans am do what it does best!......SHOW OFF!

rgs

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »
I ordered down pipes and hardware last month. Called the phone line, asked for some help ordering, very quickly go things arranged, card charged and had them in hand in a couple of days.

I own a small business as well and know the treatment from big suppliers to the little guy. I do set aside a specific time each day to reach out via a list I keep that says "call them", "email them", text them to make sure folks are aware of what is going on. It's demanding to be sure but it goes a long way to keep folks happy.

I don't have nearly the base of PTFB or Ram Air so I can understand how they get swamped.

But I sell custom firearms so I would not want a disgruntled customer to show up angry!

Cheers,
Scott

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 04:41:50 AM »
 wish I had a good phone number to call them.... Both numbers I have go to a voicemail that is no longer active.
1972 LeMans Convertible
1972Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 07:22:22 PM »
I should see Paul on Monday, I'll pas it on

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »
Thanks, I would certainly appreciate that!
Jim
1972 LeMans Convertible
1972Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird

80transam

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »
i received my manifolds, downpipes, and hardware from them in good time a couple months ago.
had to call them because they had forgot to send the gaskets with the rest. took a few tries but i got them on the phone and they shipped the gaskets without any issues.
i've actually been impressed with them. but i did not order a full exhaust system.

Pega_de

• Active Forum Member
      • German F Body Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 03:47:45 PM »
I bought my exhaust manifolds and hardware 2 years ago with gray ceramic coating. They needed 3-4 weeks or so to complete the manifolds for shipping.

These parts are not made in china in dozens, so I think the waiting time is fair. And the manifolds are worth it to wair ;)

79T/Aman

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »
I talked to Paul at RARE he's received more castings from the foundry and is mostly caught up on orders.

256gearz

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 10:09:16 PM »
I bought a complete system from them about two months ago and it went well and installed well. Only item was a couple of pipe connectors that followed about a week later. I wanted the manifolds ceramic coated in gray, and that was a week wait, and the connectors followed a week after that, to be clear. Also got the enlarged discharge manifolds (2.45") and the port work is superior to the other aftermarket manufacturers of the cast headers. Really like the quieter sound than headers, and lack of hassles.

Only having 4 bolts on the passengers side will throw you for a little while, but that's how they were made back in the day too. Buy their bolt kit and exhaust gaskets also, so no questions on mixed parts,  if any issues. Lastly, they don't make splitter tips, so I got the 2.5 inch tips from Pypes and splitter tip connectors from Pypes. Still took a little fab work at the exhaust shop on the tips as I like to have more of the 2.5 tip exposed.

There was also a trick with the hangars over the axles, and I would have to dig out those part numbers, but a competent exhaust shop will make it happen.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:35:38 PM by 256gearz »

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 10:09:16 PM »

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 01:51:21 AM »
I received the remains parts on the order 2 weeks ago. The quality is excellent and everything looked great. Other than the long wait time, it is a great setup and very worth the quality.
Jim
1972 LeMans Convertible
1972Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird

Updated71

• Oracle Forum Member
  • TA Addiction
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 06:53:37 PM »
Came across this thread looking for help with trying to contact them.  I've had an exhaust on order from them for 2 months now and have received only a portion of it.  They are extremely difficult to get a hold of.  I've ordered manifolds from them before and got them quickly and without issue.  This time, I'm having a heck of a time getting the rest of my exhaust system.  I'm only missing some tubing and mufflers.  Small business or not, one thing they should do is inform a customer whether something is in stock or not.  When there is a delay, they should reach out.
The surgeon general never said nuthin' 'bout smokin' the competition!

BallisticTA

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »
I just put a set on my 78, went in very easy, very happy with them.  I wish I had listened to all the advice on header headaches and gone this route the first time!

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 12:39:35 AM »
I will say there exhaust manifolds are great I used the exhaust from them as well on the LeMans and it fit quite well. Hopefully I will be starting up the engine soon so I can’t wait to hear the engine wake up again!
Jim
1972 LeMans Convertible
1972Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 12:39:35 AM »
You can help support TAC!