Author Topic: Started the interior Restoration  (Read 15111 times)

Dwills

• Active Forum Member
Re: Started the interior Restoration
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »
Well I continue to plug away, I finally got the rear seat top back from Legendary and I put it together.  I worked with Ron Halbriter at legendary who was great.  When he found out that there was a problem he immediately had me return them with my original cover so they could use it as a pattern.  There was a big delay in getting it back from legendary, 8 weeks to be exact.  Ron was great top work with but I did let him know that they are getting a reputation in the industry  about being bad in the customer service part.  It only took six weeks to build the entire set but 8 weeks to fix one cover.  He told me he would relay my concerns.  I can hear Pete from Fbody firing up the keyboard right now.  I would still recommend legendary the quiality is second to none but the lead time can hurt.  Sorry for the dust fuzz on the cover these things pick up every bit of hair and fuzz,  I snapped pics before i cleaned it. 

I also dipped the tethers and the seat backs

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »
Looks good, I got legenday door panels, I mistakenly ordered the wrong ones. They were very good about the return and it came back fairly quick. I do agree that the quality was superior.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Dwills

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
So guys I know it has been a while but I have been working on the interior a bit here and there, mostly floor pans, but it has been hit or miss because of real life.  I have been doing some of it on youtube so you can check out some of that by looking for florida bandit.  I will be posting some new pics soon for the work but just wanted to check in.

glenn911

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2018, 11:23:02 AM »
has something changed on this site?  I do not see pics in posts.
'79 400 4 spd esprit
'78 455 WS6 auto
'74 461 4 spd T/A

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »
has something changed on this site?  I do not see pics in posts.

Most people were using Photobucket to host their pics on forums. Photobucket decided not to host the pics anymore without charging an exorbitant fee, about $400, which nobody would pay. So, the Photobucket hosted pics disappeared.
Steve F.

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »

Dwills

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »
Sorry guys been away did not know Photobucket was not hosting anymore,  what are people using to host photos now?  Plan is to post some pics of what I have been doing.

Grand73Am

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:49 AM »
I've been using Imgur.com recently and it's good. I also used Flickr.com , and it's fine too. Only thing on both of those is that I haven't found a way to post multiple pics at one time from those sites. My work-around for that is to copy and paste the code for each picture I want to show to my wordpad. So, if I want to show 3 pics for example, I'll copy those 3 codes one at a time, to my wordpad, and then I can copy all 3 of them at once from wordpad to post on the forum.
Steve F.

Dwills

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:36 AM »
Ok thanks I will look into those.

another10th

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »
I ordered an interior for my 10th from Legendary. Ordered on the 19th of October and still waiting. I was told it should only be a few weeks more. I hope the quality is worth the wait. They must be looking for silver cows to make my covers!
JEFF

'79 TATA
'02 CETA #436

Dwills

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2018, 10:34:34 AM »
They must be looking for silver cows to make my covers!

They are rare :grin:   In my case the quality was worth it compared to my originals the grain of the material and the color were dead on unlike the PUI ones which were almost purple and looked like corduroy.  This issue I had was not so much the initial wait, as I was in the process of doing other things and was not ready it was a rework that I had to have done.  The rear seat frame on a TA has a jog in it on the passenger side.  When I went to install the cover over t he seat frame and foam it would not stretch enough to fit on that side.  What I realized after some investigation was that they put the jog on the driver side.  I had to send them my original, the new one and several pics to prove what I was going on about which I understand but then it took another 10 weeks to get  just the back cover made correctly and shipped.  i understand it to some extent they wanted to know what had gone wrong and if it was a manufacturing error or an pattern error.  I bet on human error because I can't be  the first one to order a back seat cover from them and I would imagine the patterns are the same no matter what the material.  Anyway took a long time to get it back,  but it was spot on once it got here the second time.

Would absolutely use them again but I would be prepared for the long wait.   

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
I got my stuff from Legendary and the quality was top rate. Would like to know what your tenth stuff looks like when you get it. I will be in the market for some in the near future.
I use flikr and its ok. If you have a smartphone its very easy to upload pics. I just use the share button and a couple of clicks and your pics are there.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

75Fire

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2018, 06:14:24 AM »
I ordered an interior for my 10th from Legendary. Ordered on the 19th of October and still waiting. I was told it should only be a few weeks more. I hope the quality is worth the wait. They must be looking for silver cows to make my covers!
        That Silver paint/ dye, takes a longggggg time to dry  :lol:
Fire or Keith

“If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything.”
-Mark Twain

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48210.msg496744#msg496744

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=8200.0

another10th

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2018, 09:21:17 AM »
The PUI interior has been in my car car for quite a while. It’s held up pretty well over the years. It’s only showing wear on the driver’s seat. It’s the interior that was in my car a few years ago when it won first in its class at the T/A Nats. It’s going to a concour this summer, so I thought I would take a step up. My current interior is fine for a driver.
I just didn’t think it would take so long!
JEFF

'79 TATA
'02 CETA #436

Dwills

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2018, 11:24:11 AM »
My current interior is fine for a driver.

Was it the vinyl or the lombardy?  I noticed the vinyl PUI stuff was much better looking in pics( I have not seem it in person)  and alot of people seem to be happy with it.  The lombardy PUI stuff just would not even pass on a daily driver.

another10th

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
My current interior is fine for a driver.

Was it the vinyl or the lombardy?  I noticed the vinyl PUI stuff was much better looking in pics( I have not seem it in person)  and alot of people seem to be happy with it.  The lombardy PUI stuff just would not even pass on a daily driver.

It's silver leather. it is a 10th Anniversary car.
JEFF

'79 TATA
'02 CETA #436

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »

jk79ta

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2018, 07:00:27 AM »
I did my whole interior last summer using Legendary. Took a long time to get the stuff but very good quality. The only issue I had was the holes in the door panels didn't quite line up with the window cranks and other stuff on the doors. Drivers side window crank wouldn't stay on and the hole was a little too low. Sent it back along with my original. They compared to one they had and said the new one was fine, must be something with the doors. PUI ones I put on about 10 years ago lined up fine. Other than that, the quality is top notch. I especially like that they use metal on the top curved part instead of plastic. Should hold up better. Oh yeah, and I couldn't use any of the holes at the bottom where you put the plastic fasteners, no way they would line up with the holes at the bottom of the door.

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2018, 07:00:27 AM »
You can help support TAC!