2020-B2-4

Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 858069 times)

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
Re: Today I...
« Reply #8840 on: June 30, 2020, 05:20:24 AM »
Today I spent the evening grinding welds. While doing so there's lots of time to think and I was thinking about all the safety equipment everyone SHOULD be using but is rarely mentioned on forums. A member on another car forum got his leg cut badly a couple days ago with a death wheel on a right angle grinder which made me think of the precautions I follow regularly.  I'm a Mr. safety kinda guy and still I've had more than my share of injuries (even while wearing safety equipment). Nothing says you've had a bad day quite like having your head in a clamp while an ophthalmologist digs glass or metal out of your eye.

So I had a bud take a pic tonight. I'm wearing a 3M N 95 particle mask, 3M Optime 95 hearing protection, Uvex Bionic face shield, shatterproof reading glasses, and heavy leather gloves.  I was using a 3M green grinding disc on an air die grinder so it's much wider and less likely to cause problems compared with the thin cut off discs on 4 1/2" grinders. If you have appropriate safety equipment for a task , wear it. If you don't, go get it.

Hmm... that's a bit much, but I'll bite. 

I'm ALWAYS wearing safety glasses - for any job.  A quick story - I was cleaning out the basement in my parents house one day.  There was a shelf full of automotive chemicals down there.  One of the bottles was leaking and I couldn't clearly tell which one, so I picked them up one at a time and squeezed them to see which one it was.  A bottle of car wax EXPLODED everywhere, including my face.  I was luckily wearing safety glasses.  They melted in less than 30 seconds! 

Gloves? Eh, not so much unless there's caustic chemicals involved.  I was wearing Mechanix gloves one time while using an electric grinder/cutoff wheel.  Yeah...  those things will RIGHT through a glove like that, so what's the point?

Masks?  LOL I don't even want to hear that word again.  On a serious note, I do wear one for sandblasting. 

Hearing protection?  Mostly for annoying air tools like die grinders and air hammers.
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #8841 on: June 30, 2020, 07:47:01 AM »
So I had a bud take a pic tonight. I'm wearing a 3M N 95 particle mask, 3M Optime 95 hearing protection, Uvex Bionic face shield, shatterproof reading glasses, and heavy leather gloves.  I was using a 3M green grinding disc on an air die grinder so it's much wider and less likely to cause problems compared with the thin cut off discs on 4 1/2" grinders. If you have appropriate safety equipment for a task , wear it. If you don't, go get it.

I am assuming the eye glasses are more to see as you are wearing a face shield? I have the same issue as I can't see without my glasses but I always used that as an excuse not to ware additional eye protection. I could not find good over the eye glasses safety googles and think that my eye glasses provide good protection.

Gloves are a must and I always ware very heavy leather ones, saved me from many cuts.

Regards, Jack

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8842 on: June 30, 2020, 09:34:29 AM »
I pretty much grab my respirator and ear muffs when I enter my shop. Too many showers coughing up black junk started that (you know what I'm talking about). I try to wear my safety glasses but the ear muffs push them into my head and are painful.  I do wear them when grinding and to other jobs that my eyes could ge something in them. I have had junk cut out of my eyes 2-3 times and the last time I think I may have caused some permanent damage (or maybe I'm starting to get old).
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8843 on: June 30, 2020, 09:46:46 AM »
John,  very good point, and one can never be safe enough. However wearing shorts is a no no as well. I am sure its very hot in south Fla, but.....On any construction site you will be sent home for the day if you dont have long pants on. I should be knocking on wood because I rarely practice what I preach. I try to be very safe however like most I am lazy and complacent. Hardly ever wear a face shield though I have a couple of them in the shop. Rarely use safety glasses unless Im running a grinder, but I do have impact resistant in my eye glasses which are on most of the time. I wear nitrile gloves if Im doing something messing, leather if im grinding, or demo work. Respirator when I paint, sand blast and sometimes when things get really dusty. No wonder I have respiratory problems. From 30+ of construction my ears are all but shot, only wear hearing protection occasionally.  When working heights I ALWAYS take precautions and wear all safety equipment.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8844 on: June 30, 2020, 10:00:02 AM »
Kerry, you forgot about steel toe boots. I hate them but they work, more so from stepping on sharp objects.

Regards, Jack

« Reply #8844 on: June 30, 2020, 10:00:02 AM »

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8845 on: June 30, 2020, 01:20:24 PM »
Kerry, you forgot about steel toe boots. I hate them but they work, more so from stepping on sharp objects.

I never go to the junkyard w/out them.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

T/A Daddy

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8846 on: June 30, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »
And for some of you "Northern " guys - make sure your Tetanus Shots  are up to date too !  :) Ok, all kidding aside I have had to get a couple due to work mishaps. Rust doesn't sleep in the South either, but I've been pretty lucky with my cars.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8847 on: June 30, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »
Def. steel toe boots, I have both tall boots and shoes with steel toes. About the only thing I wear so I dont really think about them. I have never had a problem but I have had guys in the past that complain about wearing them. I had a guy that worked for me that like to wear sneakers, especially if we were roofing as they gave him more grip. I always frowned upon them but figured what the hey! He fell from a ladder about 8' or so whilst working on a roof and landed directly on his heel breaking it in half. Was out of work for a year. I often think that if had a decent pair of work boots on the shock may not have been as bad.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8848 on: June 30, 2020, 03:33:31 PM »
Def. steel toe boots, I have both tall boots and shoes with steel toes. About the only thing I wear so I dont really think about them. I have never had a problem but I have had guys in the past that complain about wearing them. I had a guy that worked for me that like to wear sneakers, especially if we were roofing as they gave him more grip. I always frowned upon them but figured what the hey! He fell from a ladder about 8' or so whilst working on a roof and landed directly on his heel breaking it in half. Was out of work for a year. I often think that if had a decent pair of work boots on the shock may not have been as bad.

Ok I have to say something here.  Correct Fall Protection would have been the right answer there, not some work boot.  Anything above 4' and fall protection is Federally Mandated.  Not that that means much........

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8849 on: June 30, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »
Today I gathered an assortment of eye wear/face protection. I have several of some of the items and just keep one handy next to a work area I might need one but not want to go fetch one from another location. First up eye wear. Safety glasses DO NOT protect well when doing certain things like grinding metal, particularly if it's windy or there are fans blowing the air around. When grinding or wire wheeling overhead I use the goggles that seal to my face.

In this pic
Upper left, safety glasses by Body Guard with a reading glass type magnifier in the lower inside corners. Take some getting used to if you never wore bifocals.
Upper right, Wildcat grinding goggles. I really like these, very comfortable and great for really dusty dusty conditions or when you're sure crap will get in your eyes even with a shield and glasses.
Lower left, reading glasses with wide flat arms that are kinda rounded so they don't dig into my head with earmuffs on. I wear them behind face shields a lot.
Lower middle, Crews Safety first glasses. Buy them in bulk box. Cheap but work fine for tasks where serious protection would be overkill.
Lower right, Nemesis tinted safety glasses. Handy for certain weird light conditions

Next up is face shields. If you're running a wire wheel, grinding, using cutting discs, breaking (or possible breaking) glass,  etc. then safety glasses are not enough. One trip to an ophthalmologist and an hour in a head clamp will teach you the hard way. Know how they find the glass shards when they're stuck in your eye? Blue dye, it turns your eye colored but not the glass. Yes, I learned the hard way as a much younger man. Do not trey to clean face shields with brake clean they just crack instantly. Want to have fun, squirt some brake clean on an old Harbor Freight one.

In this pic
Left to right
Uvex bionic, my current all around go to face shield. Comfortable compared to others. Low height from top of head for tight spaces. Good neck protection. Nice flip up mechanism. Strong face protection with the full frame around the lens. Doesn't wear out quickly and several types of replacement lenses are readily available including anti-fog which is nice if you need to wear respirator under it. Wash the lens or whole thing with dish soap occasionally till it's time to replace the lens.

3M H8A Ratchet headgear. Just got this in a 3M body shop workers trial set. Nice thick shield with good viewing but there's no padding in the back although the front has a nice soft rubber pad. So it hurts when I have the back of my head against something like an inner wheel well or the floor if laying on my back. I'm going to add some padding and see how that works out. Haven't checked lens options yet.

Crews face shield. These were the go to standard style face shields for many years. Rugged & very durable. Replacement lenses are really cheap, like 3-4 bucks individually and less in 10 packs.  Less neck protection and sides are more open so they're good for calm areas where sparks or whatever are flying straight in one direction but not that great in wind or dusty environments.

Harbor Freight cheapo shield. Very light and fairly comfortable,. Good in cramped places when sparks or whatever are flying in one direction but not good for windy or dusty conditions. The clear guard isn't very strong so if you blow up a cutting disc or something don't expect it to do much. I keep new one's around for when someone wants to learn how to use a tool or watch me do something and then give it to them when they leave.

John Paige
Lab-14.com

« Reply #8849 on: June 30, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8850 on: June 30, 2020, 08:36:28 PM »

I am assuming the eye glasses are more to see as you are wearing a face shield? I have the same issue as I can't see without my glasses but I always used that as an excuse not to ware additional eye protection. I could not find good over the eye glasses safety googles and think that my eye glasses provide good protection.

Gloves are a must and I always ware very heavy leather ones, saved me from many cuts.

Your glasses are inadequate as eye protection. Luckily you haven't been injured. Get a face shield if you do any work with wire wheels, cutting discs, die grinders, right angle grinders etc. They're cheap insurance.
John Paige
Lab-14.com

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8851 on: June 30, 2020, 08:53:42 PM »
John,  very good point, and one can never be safe enough. However wearing shorts is a no no as well. I am sure its very hot in south Fla, but.....On any construction site you will be sent home for the day if you dont have long pants on. I should be knocking on wood because I rarely practice what I preach. I try to be very safe however like most I am lazy and complacent. Hardly ever wear a face shield though I have a couple of them in the shop. Rarely use safety glasses unless Im running a grinder, but I do have impact resistant in my eye glasses which are on most of the time. I wear nitrile gloves if Im doing something messing, leather if im grinding, or demo work. Respirator when I paint, sand blast and sometimes when things get really dusty. No wonder I have respiratory problems. From 30+ of construction my ears are all but shot, only wear hearing protection occasionally.  When working heights I ALWAYS take precautions and wear all safety equipment.

Heat index 105 the past couple days here so ya, shorts. It gets really warm with protective equipment inside a wheel well with heat from grinding and hot compressor air coming out of tools. I moved outside the wheel well for the pic so folks could see the earmuffs etc. I do have knee pads and shin guards I use frequently. Protective equipment is like a seatbelt. If you already have it and don't use it, well then......  Paint respirators is a whole nother topic. The diisocyanates  in modern urethane paints require special filters. People use products like POR 15 like they're latex paint but they're far from it. I've stopped doing jobs at heights. 

I wear New Balance 627 shoes with steel toe when I work at the machine shop in case a head falls or something like that. For more protection I wear Snap On work boots.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:00:03 PM by NOT A TA »
John Paige
Lab-14.com

Dinosaur Mafia

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8852 on: July 01, 2020, 06:04:23 AM »
Today I realized I joined another forum instead of this one.
lol made my way down to firebird nation thinking it was this one.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8853 on: July 01, 2020, 12:15:53 PM »

Isn't that a site for 4th gens?

Dinosaur Mafia

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8854 on: July 01, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »
Your glasses are inadequate as eye protection. Luckily you haven't been injured. Get a face shield if you do any work with wire wheels, cutting discs, die grinders, right angle grinders etc. They're cheap insurance.

I thought this is what safety squints are for!

Isn't that a site for 4th gens?

maybe? they have a second gen section

« Reply #8854 on: July 01, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »

2020-B1-8

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8855 on: July 01, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »

Ok I have to say something here.  Correct Fall Protection would have been the right answer there, not some work boot.  Anything above 4' and fall protection is Federally Mandated.  Not that that means much........

You are correct, there were other circumstances, but Yes you are still correct.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8856 on: July 01, 2020, 06:10:47 PM »

I knew that from your thread title over there. Ahahaha  When I saw 76 & 78 with the 78 hood in primer I was thinking "Hey this is Nate and he's lost on the internet and found this forum thinking it was TAC, hahaha." FBN is a much smaller forum which (as noted above) does have a higher percentage of 4th gen owners but there's also a number of foreign 2nd gen owners there with cool projects that aren't on any other forums.
John Paige
Lab-14.com

Dinosaur Mafia

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8857 on: July 01, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
lol hey now, outside of GRM and facebook pages I can't tell one forum from another. I blame my job for that! After a number of years without your phone on you for the majority of the week, you kinda forget how to keep track of all the sites you frequent.

Not a bad gig, but not ideal for me either.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8858 on: July 04, 2020, 05:53:55 AM »
OK so you don't see this everyday.  I was doing some yard work yesterday.  Strangely, the weed wacker I was using stalled out, at which point I could hear a vehicle idling on the street behind me.  Curious, I turned around to see this:

I've seen that car around town so I know it runs and drives.  I'm curious as to what happened.  I noticed there's no license plate.  Hmmm.......

EDIT:  Anyone else notice the TA should be towed backwards? 

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8859 on: July 04, 2020, 06:36:57 AM »
Can pick up manual trans cars from the front if you put it in neutral first. I noticed the YO 17" snowflakes

« Reply #8859 on: July 04, 2020, 06:36:57 AM »

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8860 on: July 04, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »
Can pick up manual trans cars from the front if you put it in neutral first. I noticed the YO 17" snowflakes

It's a stick.  I know that much for sure.

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8861 on: July 04, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »
Why can’t you pick up an auto car if it’s neutral?  Sure you spin the the drive shaft and rear axles but what’s the big deal?
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

5th T/A

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8862 on: July 04, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »
Auto transmission cars need pressurized lubrication for internal bushings and bearings. The oil pressure comes from the pump driven by the torque converter. If the engine is not running, the transmission pump is not supplying oil. When a car is Towed with the drive wheels on the ground, the drive shaft driven by the differential is spinning some of the auto trans internals. You wouldn’t have to tow very far before damaging the transmission.  For a period in the 60’s some auto trans cars had an auxiliary rear pump driven by the output / drive shaft. These cars could be towed safely with the rear tires on the ground. They also had the ability to let you push start a car with an auto transmission. The only transmissions I recall with rear pumps were early aluminum powerglides and some torqueflites, but there were probably more.
1980 T/A 4.9 Non turbo

Gone but not forgotten;
1973 T/A 455
1975 T/A 400
1978 T/A W72
1982 T/A cross fire injected

Two wheel toys;
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Limited
2013 Honda CB1100
2010 Yamaha Vmax
1982 Yamaha Seca 750

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8863 on: July 04, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »
So how do all the people get away with flat towing cars behind RVs? I see probably 100 or more when we travel/camp. One guy I met had a Jeep Cherokee with way over 200K miles and it was an automatic vehicle.
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

5th T/A

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8864 on: July 04, 2020, 08:37:43 PM »
In the case of the Jeep Cherokee, it has a transfer case with a low range, high range and neutral. When the transfer case is in neutral, the output shaft of the transmission is not turning. Most cars with a manual transmission can be flat towed, obviously not many cars available with a manual transmission today. There are a few cars with automatics or CVT’s that can be flat towed. A friend of mine with a motor home said there aren’t many choices. He tows a Ford C-Max, it has a Hybrid drive train. Many Hybrids have an electric transmission oil pump because the gas powered engine cycles on and off while moving the car. I should also mention my auto transmission experience goes back to cars built in the 60’s and 70’s, I don’t have practical experience with anything much past the early 80’s.
1980 T/A 4.9 Non turbo

Gone but not forgotten;
1973 T/A 455
1975 T/A 400
1978 T/A W72
1982 T/A cross fire injected

Two wheel toys;
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Limited
2013 Honda CB1100
2010 Yamaha Vmax
1982 Yamaha Seca 750

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8865 on: July 04, 2020, 09:32:56 PM »
Very few cars can be flat towed as mentioned. My mom remarried after my dad passed and they had a few large class A motor homes with sliders and all that stuff.  They flat towed a Saturn wagon. Now being in her late 80's and him having turned 90 they finally decided they should stop driving a big motor home. Yes, my mom drove the motor homes regularly.

John Paige
Lab-14.com

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #8866 on: July 04, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »
So how do all the people get away with flat towing cars behind RVs? I see probably 100 or more when we travel/camp. One guy I met had a Jeep Cherokee with way over 200K miles and it was an automatic vehicle.

A buddy of mine pulls the drive shaft and plugs the tranny when doing long distance hauling and a hauler isn't available.
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8867 on: July 05, 2020, 04:37:46 AM »
Yesterday I...

Regards, Jack

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8868 on: July 05, 2020, 05:07:12 AM »
That’s a big tree.  Did you do your own climbing?
Steve D
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8869 on: July 05, 2020, 05:12:33 AM »
God no, I hired a tree removing company, it took 4 guys about 5 hours to do all of that. They used the bobcat to move the logs from my backyard to the street.

Regards, Jack

« Reply #8869 on: July 05, 2020, 05:12:33 AM »

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8870 on: July 05, 2020, 05:57:15 AM »
That’s a big tree.  Did you do your own climbing?

LoL now THAT would have been impressive, especially since we've all divulged our ages in another thread. 

In other news, Yesterday I...  well, we, must have had one HELL of a 4th of July party!  Seeing as how my backyard is a mess and my head feels like it's in a vice....  yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a good time lol :-)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:01:11 AM by DeCaff2007 »

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8871 on: July 05, 2020, 06:05:26 AM »
If you look closely you'll see the tree climber at the top of the tree, very impressive and it shows you the scale of the tree.

Regards, Jack

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8872 on: July 05, 2020, 07:57:46 AM »
Yeah, I see it now.  Never would have seen that if I didn't know to look.

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #8873 on: July 05, 2020, 07:59:30 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why did you have the tree removed?  Was it diseased or in danger of falling?
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8874 on: July 05, 2020, 08:18:49 AM »
God no, I hired a tree removing company, it took 4 guys about 5 hours to do all of that. They used the bobcat to move the logs from my backyard to the street.
Got it.   :lol:
That’s why I asked.  I just had a couple of trees smaller than yours taken down.  No way I’d do that on my own.  With the “yesterday I...” lead in I thought you undertook that project yourself.  I was thinking “wow.  Is there anything Jack can’t do?”   :-D.

Steve D
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8875 on: July 05, 2020, 11:38:31 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why did you have the tree removed?  Was it diseased or in danger of falling?

About 2 years ago I lost a large branch so I'm nervous. I had 2 different tree guys look at it and both said that it's very top heavy and it has three large branches at the top. One of the three (the center one) had some rot and can be treated but I was told it's best to at least cut down that center branch. I thought it will look funny with the center branch removed, so decided to get rid of it, it'll give me more room and I don't need to rake as much.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:44:58 AM by Jack »

Regards, Jack

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8876 on: July 05, 2020, 11:47:48 AM »
Got it.   :lol:
That’s why I asked.  I just had a couple of trees smaller than yours taken down.  No way I’d do that on my own.  With the “yesterday I...” lead in I thought you undertook that project yourself.  I was thinking “wow.  Is there anything Jack can’t do?”   :-D.

BTW - if you or anyone else in MA or northern CT needs tree work these guys are good and very reasonable, the price was 25% under the best other quote I got.

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8877 on: July 05, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »
I just had a couple of trees cut down also Jack, One was dead and fell into a couple of other trees and was hung up, another was on the edge of my drive I have been wanting to get rid of. I wasnt worried about the dead tree, like I said it was hung up and kind of out of the way, if and when it fell it probably wouldnt have done anything, but my wife didnt like it there (and she was right, def. safer to have it taken down).
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

djustice

• Active Forum Member
      • ACCK
« Reply #8878 on: July 06, 2020, 07:51:07 AM »
Today we started moving our business to a new location , and decades of stashed tool saw the ligth of day.
i saved one of a metric ton that was thrown away in a container, because you just dont see these anymore and the quality can not comapre to todays tools. Dont know if i ever need it but it migth come in handy,  guess you will see me on horders tv show in a couple of years lol!

1973 Firebird formula 400 W/YC code 455 (73 casting)
6x-8 heads, hyperfuel efi gastank, scorpion 1.5 Roller rockers, holley sniper efi, edelbrock performer inntake, Headman 28150 headers 1 3/4" primary, Pypes SGF11R exhaust, cam unknown, alu radiator w/twin 12" fans. Yukon duragrip posi w/3.42 gears.

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8879 on: July 06, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »
Back to trees...
My job landed the tree company 3 more jobs within the area, this was my parents house, the same tree climber entertained the entire block while cutting down the tree.

Regards, Jack

« Reply #8879 on: July 06, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-3