Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 695345 times)

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
Re: Today I...
« Reply #7840 on: June 05, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »
Celebrate our 37th anniversary with my wife, she’s been taking golf lessons and I’ll be buying her some new clubs. The card and flowers are already on the dining table for when she gets home from work.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7841 on: June 05, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
With my real name and a picture of me this feels more like facebook now, oh well.  At least I like most everyone on here, unlike facebook which I haven't been on in... a really long time.  Ugh... facebook... ugh... friends and family... with exception to mom, siblings, and best friend... ugh....

lol...I always get a kick outta your replies...they make me laugh

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Nas t eh...37 years is a long time!!
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(18 years and counting but still have her)

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7842 on: June 05, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »
Me too, I thought that was a Muskrat...??
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Peace is but a shadow of death.
« Reply #7843 on: June 05, 2019, 04:45:25 PM »
Everyone is so mean to me. :cry:

It was a picture I took because my online group of gal pals wanted to see my hair, so in order to get most of it in frame in a selfie I had to go with a high angle.  It was the first picture I sorta liked of myself so I thought I'd use it...

Celebrate our 37th anniversary with my wife, she’s been taking golf lessons and I’ll be buying her some new clubs. The card and flowers are already on the dining table for when she gets home from work.
Happy anniversary!  37 years, very admirable.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7844 on: June 05, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »
Now I see.... I had to blow it up on my phone. I seriously thought it was an animal, ferret, muskrat or a weasel thing. The small image doesn't make it easy to see.

EDIT***

Wow! 37 years, you don't see much of that anymore. (Long marriages). We just celebrated our 19th a few weeks ago. No 37 but still proud of it. Congratulations, a great example for all.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:25:54 PM by FormTA »

« Reply #7844 on: June 05, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7845 on: June 05, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »
Well humans are animals, and muskrats have luxurious fur.  So as long as you're saying I'm a luxurious looking animal we're ok.  I mean as much maintenance as I require I must be luxurious.

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
  • "Life is hard, It's Harder when your'e Stupid.."
      • My Trans Am - Restoration Project
« Reply #7846 on: June 06, 2019, 12:35:51 AM »
As far as the Holley Sniper goes, personally I like the bang for the buck. My 71 has the original 350 engine. It had a quadrajet on it but originally had the 2 barrel carb. I am not a QJ tuning expert But I do agree a AFR gauge and o2 sensor is a great asset to have to tune any carb. The art of tuning a QJ is a rare skill now a days. The motor in my 71 runs very well but it is mostly stock with a lot of miles. With the Sniper, starting is much better, the motor seems to have better response and overall performance is noticeably improved. That is not to say I couldn’t get the similar results from a carb, but the Sniper really simplifies tuning and offers exceptional performance. Otherwise the big advantage is consistency of performance. AFR ( Air/Fuel Ratio) is fixed with a Carb, meaning as ambient air changes, the AFR with a Carb changes. When the temperature changes the air density changes which in turn, changes the ratio of air and fuel. Simply put the warmer the air the less dense the air is, less air given to the same amount of fuel results in rich AFR. with the Sniper fuel metering is automatically controlled to give a consistent AFR regardless of temperatures and altitude.

Jim
1979 Trans Am- Heritage Brown -W72 (Pontiac 400) -4Speed-WS6
1972 LeMans Convertible
1977 Trans Am
1972 Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird
1977 MGB  Roadster Convertible

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7847 on: June 06, 2019, 01:53:22 AM »
Yup, which is why you're supposed to adjust your carburetor with every 10º change in ambient temperature.  Real pain in the @$$ if you care enough to want to keep AFR as perfect as possible, then if you're in a place like Alabama where it can swing wildly day to to day at times you're just doomed.  Of course I'm OCD and mental, so me and carburetors don't get along.  EFI is the best, one less thing to constantly check and screw with since the computer does it for me.  Computers can leave my throttle input and gear selection alone though, I know best there. :lol:

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7848 on: June 06, 2019, 07:44:43 AM »
Congrats Nasteh! Thats a great accomplishment. We hit 33 years this past Jan. I tell my wife I cant afford to get rid of her now!!
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7849 on: June 06, 2019, 01:29:52 PM »
Thanks everyone, and to Roadking, FormTA and anyone else putting in the effort to make a marriage last, congratulations right back at you.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7850 on: June 06, 2019, 05:20:18 PM »
Hopefully some day I'll be lucky enough to be in that situation, until then I have... I was going to say car, but meh...

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #7851 on: June 07, 2019, 04:50:56 AM »
Well humans are animals, and muskrats have luxurious fur.  So as long as you're saying I'm a luxurious looking animal we're ok.  I mean as much maintenance as I require I must be luxurious.

LOL only you Box. 
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7852 on: June 07, 2019, 07:04:06 PM »
Hey I refused that name if you didn't catch my Romeo & Juliet reference earlier.  Just forget I ever went by that wretched name, I want NOTHING to do with my father.  Not Lizzie Borden levels or anything, I just can't stand him for reasons already mentioned before.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7853 on: June 07, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »
Ok, now I'm lost. What name? Box or Casey? Confused  :sad: But that happens easily. Oh, my wife calls me "Space Cowboy" all the time, so I may have missed something.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:57:39 PM by FormTA »

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7854 on: June 07, 2019, 10:57:18 PM »
Box is my father's surname which is sadly also mine, for now...  I'm just done with him, what kind of "parent" gossips about their own child behind their back?

« Reply #7854 on: June 07, 2019, 10:57:18 PM »

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Parts vender
      • Scarebird Classic Brakes
« Reply #7855 on: June 08, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »
You are not a child anymore Casey - deal with this as an adult.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7856 on: June 08, 2019, 06:54:59 PM »
I may not be a child anymore but I'm still HIS child, him gossiping about me to everyone and my mom's side of the family is just beyond unacceptable.  What else am I supposed to do aside from ignore him, as of right now I'd tell him what I really think and that'd just not be good.  "Hey you were and still are a lousy father, you beating me as a child and how you treated me growing up made me hate men, you think everything is f***ing hunky dory between us when I die inside a little every time I have to deal with you, and worst of all instead of having the balls to come and talk to me you gossip like a hen wife."  He's always been jealous of the relationship I have with my mom and his mom, but it's all his fault and especially the latter because he put us on the back burner and his mom is the one that took care of us during HIS time after the divorce because everything else was more important to him.  Now he thinks he can just waltz in and be our best friend now that we're adults, really?  Cats in the Cradle brought to life.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7857 on: June 09, 2019, 05:04:44 PM »
Allegedly the Firebird is ready for paint, it'd just so happen to rain of course...

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #7858 on: June 09, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »

I don't read this thread that often but happy belated anniversary. I'm few years behind you but loving the ride, I always forget the flowers and card but my wife is use to it and I make it up by taking her to a nice dinner (usually I wait for the weekend and get to hear you forgot again lol).   

Regards, Jack

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7859 on: June 09, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »
Changed it up on my nails(versus purples, blues, and teals) and thought some here might appreciate the colour scheme:

Hey now there's an idea!  Nail paints matched to the color code(s) of your car! Coordination!

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
  • I know what I believe.......do you?
« Reply #7860 on: June 10, 2019, 07:54:33 AM »
Changed it up on my nails(versus purples, blues, and teals) and thought some here might appreciate the colour scheme:

Hey now there's an idea!  Nail paints matched to the color code(s) of your car! Coordination!

Little late to that show lol.  My wife always paints her toes bright red and gold on Nationals weekend to go with the GTA and my business partner and good friend's wife paints hers Chameleon Blue/Green to match his 96 TA.
91 Bright Red Trans AM GTA.........41,xxx original miles

"The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."

Reagan

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7861 on: June 10, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
Allegedly the Firebird is ready for paint, it'd just so happen to rain of course...

Is the weather better today?

You must be anxious to get it home!!
Charlie

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7862 on: June 10, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Little late to that show lol.  My wife always paints her toes bright red and gold on Nationals weekend to go with the GTA and my business partner and good friend's wife paints hers Chameleon Blue/Green to match his 96 TA.
Figures as much, but at least I'm not alone or crazy in my thinking!  This means there very well might be a market for this.  Now if only I had the capital to start my own line of exclusive color matched nail paints.  Even better if it'd double as touch up paint for the cars. :lol:

Is the weather better today?

You must be anxious to get it home!!
Ha it is home, in the basement.  My brother is the one fixing it seeing as he's also the one that damaged it.  He only has time to work on it during the weekends, being it happened in late October last year and couldn't really start until earlier this spring it's been a long ongoing ordeal... 

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7863 on: June 10, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
Figures as much, but at least I'm not alone or crazy in my thinking!  This means there very well might be a market for this.  Now if only I had the capital to start my own line of exclusive color matched nail paints.  Even better if it'd double as touch up paint for the cars. :lol:

Well........

Actually the Chameleon Blue/Green is his bottle of touch up paint.  He just had a bigger bottle customs mixed and his wife is taking advantage of it lol.

"The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."

Reagan

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7864 on: June 10, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »
Hmmm, wonder how safe that'd be since nail polish is nitrocellulose where as car paints would be enamel or acrylic.

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7865 on: June 10, 2019, 06:25:49 PM »
Its usually for a couple days and a little thinner goes a long way ????

Reagan

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7866 on: June 10, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Today I... went full on "DeCaff Mode" on the idiots running the MRI section of the local Health Center.  There's too many cooks in the pot over there and it's so disorganized that they screwed up my scheduling.  I won't go into detail why, but that's a pretty big deal. 

The technologists as they call themselves pissed me off BAD, so I let them have it. 

Then, I had to take my poor cat to the vet :-( 

It's just been a rough day in general.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7867 on: June 10, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »
Its usually for a couple days and a little thinner goes a long way ????
I'd just be concerned about chemicals in paint not meant for use on humans leeching through the nail into the nail bed and into the bloodstream, but I'm overly cautious like that.  Maybe if you used a base coat of nail polish first, but then it might react with automotive touch up paint.  Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Today I... went full on "DeCaff Mode" on the idiots running the MRI section of the local Health Center.  There's too many cooks in the pot over there and it's so disorganized that they screwed up my scheduling.  I won't go into detail why, but that's a pretty big deal. 

The technologists as they call themselves pissed me off BAD, so I let them have it. 

That bites.  I'm guessing you have to deal with the VA?  If so sounds typical of them...

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7868 on: June 10, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »
I'm ready to drive nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............  So freaking tired of not being able to drive....  Ahhhhhhhhh.............

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7869 on: June 11, 2019, 04:34:07 AM »
Right on...Better take a photo or two when you take it out!!!
Charlie

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7870 on: June 11, 2019, 08:07:48 AM »
Simple, Borrow or steal you brothers ride.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7871 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:30 AM »

That bites.  I'm guessing you have to deal with the VA?  If so sounds typical of them...

Nope, regular doctors.  No VA crap here.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7872 on: June 11, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
Right on...Better take a photo or two when you take it out!!!
I was more so talking about the Miata that'll replace it, but I'll take some commemorative photos of the occasion.

Simple, Borrow or steal you brothers ride.
Ha, the BMW is the one he drives daily and though I might like it more than the Firebird since I can actually see past the dashboard it's still too big and definitely way too heavy for my liking.  I should've never driven the NB2 Miata he had for awhile, it totally ruined the Firebird(and every other bigger and heavier car) for me even though I owned a NA6 Miata myself.  The NA6 was rough riding, rattly, and had more body roll than your nearest all you can eat buffet.  So I was meh on the Miata for the longest time since everyone proclaims the NA is best and that there's not even that big of an improvement with the NB; well those people are either full of it NA fanboys, never driven both, or so unaware that a sports car is wasted on them.  Up until that point I was content despite never getting comfortable driving the Firebird since I thought that at least the Miata wasn't even that great, though it was still light on its feet and lively, but driving the NB2 enlightened(ruined entirely) me and ever since I've regretted buying the Firebird versus going with a NB2 Miata.  Yes I was cross shopping them.  Then with the whole LeTurD incident I've been in literal agonizing Hell waiting for him to fix it just so I can sell it, then HOPEFULLY find a NB2 with the options I want in a colour I like.  Add this to all of the other stress I have now, and the fact I'd use driving to alleviate stress, I'm ready to go off the deep end!

Sigh... that was a long overdue rant/explanation...

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7873 on: June 11, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
^^^^^^Good to get that stuff off your chest^^^^^^

Today I was given the gift of a Firebird Photo one of my staff members took for me while she was at a local cruise night car show!!

2019-06-11_08-00-11 by Charles Marson, on Flickr
Charlie

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7874 on: June 11, 2019, 06:21:55 PM »
Ah a '76, I'm too busy judging their parking job to think of anything else at the moment. :lol:

As a side note and addendum to earlier, I'd like the Firebird(or any other similar pony or muscle car) as a second or third car.  It's just everything that I'm so particular on it doesn't work out as an only car, and if there's any silver lining at least owning it made me appreciate cars like the Miata more.  I know at least scarebird understands me since he has a Miata. :lol:

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7875 on: June 14, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
Sigh...  You know I come to these car forums and car groups and see everyone else is seemingly happy with the cars they have, then I look at myself and I'm miserable.  Constantly miserable, regardless of the car.  Are people seriously genuinely happy with mass produced cars, or am I that jaded?  Even though I want the NB2 Miata more at the moment I get the distinct feeling after a month or two I'll find myself unhappy again.  Hopefully I'm wrong since I have a much better idea now of what it is I like and want in a car, and what cars offer that at given price points, but I just have this feeling for some reason.  It almost makes me think I actually hate cars.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7876 on: June 14, 2019, 04:51:42 PM »
Don't be so tough on yourself.  Cars are like food. You need to taste a few before you know what you like. Unfortunately for me, I don't get rid of them...

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7877 on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »
Perhaps, but the Firebird is my *stops and counts* eighth car.  It doesn't help that I'm picky yet unbiased in what I do like, and have fine vintage wine and champagne tastes on a party beer budget.  I know even the NB2 Miata isn't exactly what I want either, but it has the potential and is closer and cheaper to get there with some compromises on my part.  Realistically if I had the money I'd get a Lotus Elise/Exige, that or a TVR Griffith 500, and call it real since they have everything I want in a car.  Maybe a C6 Corvette, Lotus Esprit V8, or Lotus Evora if I felt the extra weight wasn't too bad in exchange for the power as they're around 3,050-3,150 pounds Esprit to Vette.  The Exige makes the Miata look heavy though at 2,050-2,090 pounds depending on if it's supercharged or not.  Unrealistically I'd get a McLaren F1 but those are beyond unobtainable, that or a Ferrari F40 since they're not quite as unobtainable.  Again fine vintage wine and champagne tastes. :lol:

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7878 on: June 14, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »
Or here's a crazy wild idea. You already have a great start and canvas with your Bird. Make it perfect for you. Not all at once. Let it evolve into what you want over time. Whats the old saying...Rome wasnt built in a day. By doing this you learn what you thought you needed to do maybe isn't necessary and instead maybe need to do "x".  If you didnt think that the Bird wasn't a great start for you to create your masterpiece, I don't think you would have bought it in the first place......just an observation.  So start off with the necessity......making that clutch right for you to drive it and enjoy it for a bit. Then create your list and drive it some more while you go over your list.  Will it take time. Yea.  The GTA was bone stock when i bought it and stayed that way for the first eight years I owned it.  During that time I wanted to do all kinds of stuff to it......make it more powerful, lower it, wheels, etc.  What I found out after driving it,  all i really wanted was to let it breath a little better and make it sound good. In 06.......at 15 years old.......it got emission legal headers, Flowmaster 80 series in back, better plug wires and a little spark advance.  The graphics came a year later and new better injectors a year after that. I've tinkered with a few other ideas recently but can't get myself to go through with it. Why?  Cause to me, its perfect as it is.  Nope, its not stupid fast and its a third gen.......the black sheep of the gens lol.  Buts it what I wanted it to be so its perfect to me and makes a smile when I go to start it up and pull it out of the garage.  You can have that too.  You've got the canvas.  Start painting. Get it out, get some seat time in it with just you and the road. You keep talking this and that but still come back to the Bird.........just sayin.......

Now that I've taken up a whole page, on to today.  Came into work today to find out that I got a 3% merit raise.  Not much, but could have gotten nothing instead. It was a good day today.

Reagan

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7879 on: June 14, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
I bought it because aside from a Mustang that's worse in every way aside from the dashboard and visibility, or a Corvette I couldn't find quite in my price range, it's the only car that had a V8 with a manual.  Well aside from the mechanically identical yet aesthetically inferior Camaro.  Even if I somehow got double wishbone suspension in the rear and removed an impossible amount of weight, I still can't see out of it and it's still larger than a mid-size sedan.  I like how it looks, and the fact it's a V8 with a manual but that's about it.  Even the day I bought it I questioned rather I wanted to buy it or not on the test drive, but it was the only way for me to get a V8 with a manual and at the time that's what was most important to me.  Well that and I bought it for other reasons I won't delve into since it's a part of my life I want to forget.  The only reason I've yet to sell it is I'm waiting on my brother to finish fixing what he screwed up when he smashed the LeTurD into it through the garage door.  The NB2 Miata, before he traded it for a stupid motorcycle, was the first time since my Celica that I had actually enjoyed driving.  I could just enjoy driving; not have to worry about placing a car that's 196" long 74.5" wide or worry about swiping off the 6' of front end I can't see any of.  Plus the Miata was a joy to toss around since it's so light and planted in the rear.  The Miata is a better starting point for what I'm wanting in a car now, and honestly was then too but I was stupid.

Besides the Firebird could never do this:

Any raise is a good raise, especially those you don't even ask for.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:57:25 AM by Casey »

« Reply #7879 on: June 14, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
You can help support TAC!