2020-B1-4

Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 859741 times)

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
Re: Today I...
« Reply #7840 on: June 09, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »
Celebrate our 37th anniversary with my wife, she’s been taking golf lessons and I’ll be buying her some new clubs. The card and flowers are already on the dining table for when she gets home from work.

I don't read this thread that often but happy belated anniversary. I'm few years behind you but loving the ride, I always forget the flowers and card but my wife is use to it and I make it up by taking her to a nice dinner (usually I wait for the weekend and get to hear you forgot again lol).   

Regards, Jack

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Peace is but a shadow of death.
« Reply #7841 on: June 09, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »
Changed it up on my nails(versus purples, blues, and teals) and thought some here might appreciate the colour scheme:

Hey now there's an idea!  Nail paints matched to the color code(s) of your car! Coordination!

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
  • I know what I believe.......do you?
« Reply #7842 on: June 10, 2019, 07:54:33 AM »
Changed it up on my nails(versus purples, blues, and teals) and thought some here might appreciate the colour scheme:

Hey now there's an idea!  Nail paints matched to the color code(s) of your car! Coordination!

Little late to that show lol.  My wife always paints her toes bright red and gold on Nationals weekend to go with the GTA and my business partner and good friend's wife paints hers Chameleon Blue/Green to match his 96 TA.
91 Bright Red Trans AM GTA.........41,xxx original miles

"The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."

Reagan

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7843 on: June 10, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
Allegedly the Firebird is ready for paint, it'd just so happen to rain of course...

Is the weather better today?

You must be anxious to get it home!!
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(19 years and counting but still have her)

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7844 on: June 10, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Little late to that show lol.  My wife always paints her toes bright red and gold on Nationals weekend to go with the GTA and my business partner and good friend's wife paints hers Chameleon Blue/Green to match his 96 TA.
Figures as much, but at least I'm not alone or crazy in my thinking!  This means there very well might be a market for this.  Now if only I had the capital to start my own line of exclusive color matched nail paints.  Even better if it'd double as touch up paint for the cars. :lol:

Allegedly the Firebird is ready for paint, it'd just so happen to rain of course...

Is the weather better today?

You must be anxious to get it home!!
Ha it is home, in the basement.  My brother is the one fixing it seeing as he's also the one that damaged it.  He only has time to work on it during the weekends, being it happened in late October last year and couldn't really start until earlier this spring it's been a long ongoing ordeal... 

« Reply #7844 on: June 10, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7845 on: June 10, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
Figures as much, but at least I'm not alone or crazy in my thinking!  This means there very well might be a market for this.  Now if only I had the capital to start my own line of exclusive color matched nail paints.  Even better if it'd double as touch up paint for the cars. :lol:

Well........

Actually the Chameleon Blue/Green is his bottle of touch up paint.  He just had a bigger bottle customs mixed and his wife is taking advantage of it lol.

"The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."

Reagan

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7846 on: June 10, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »
Hmmm, wonder how safe that'd be since nail polish is nitrocellulose where as car paints would be enamel or acrylic.

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7847 on: June 10, 2019, 06:25:49 PM »
Its usually for a couple days and a little thinner goes a long way ????

Reagan

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #7848 on: June 10, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Today I... went full on "DeCaff Mode" on the idiots running the MRI section of the local Health Center.  There's too many cooks in the pot over there and it's so disorganized that they screwed up my scheduling.  I won't go into detail why, but that's a pretty big deal. 

The technologists as they call themselves pissed me off BAD, so I let them have it. 

Then, I had to take my poor cat to the vet :-( 

It's just been a rough day in general.
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7849 on: June 10, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »
Its usually for a couple days and a little thinner goes a long way ????
I'd just be concerned about chemicals in paint not meant for use on humans leeching through the nail into the nail bed and into the bloodstream, but I'm overly cautious like that.  Maybe if you used a base coat of nail polish first, but then it might react with automotive touch up paint.  Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Today I... went full on "DeCaff Mode" on the idiots running the MRI section of the local Health Center.  There's too many cooks in the pot over there and it's so disorganized that they screwed up my scheduling.  I won't go into detail why, but that's a pretty big deal. 

The technologists as they call themselves pissed me off BAD, so I let them have it. 

That bites.  I'm guessing you have to deal with the VA?  If so sounds typical of them...

« Reply #7849 on: June 10, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7850 on: June 10, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »
I'm ready to drive nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............  So freaking tired of not being able to drive....  Ahhhhhhhhh.............

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7851 on: June 11, 2019, 04:34:07 AM »
Right on...Better take a photo or two when you take it out!!!
Charlie

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7852 on: June 11, 2019, 08:07:48 AM »
Simple, Borrow or steal you brothers ride.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7853 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:30 AM »

That bites.  I'm guessing you have to deal with the VA?  If so sounds typical of them...

Nope, regular doctors.  No VA crap here.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7854 on: June 11, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
Right on...Better take a photo or two when you take it out!!!
I was more so talking about the Miata that'll replace it, but I'll take some commemorative photos of the occasion.

Simple, Borrow or steal you brothers ride.
Ha, the BMW is the one he drives daily and though I might like it more than the Firebird since I can actually see past the dashboard it's still too big and definitely way too heavy for my liking.  I should've never driven the NB2 Miata he had for awhile, it totally ruined the Firebird(and every other bigger and heavier car) for me even though I owned a NA6 Miata myself.  The NA6 was rough riding, rattly, and had more body roll than your nearest all you can eat buffet.  So I was meh on the Miata for the longest time since everyone proclaims the NA is best and that there's not even that big of an improvement with the NB; well those people are either full of it NA fanboys, never driven both, or so unaware that a sports car is wasted on them.  Up until that point I was content despite never getting comfortable driving the Firebird since I thought that at least the Miata wasn't even that great, though it was still light on its feet and lively, but driving the NB2 enlightened(ruined entirely) me and ever since I've regretted buying the Firebird versus going with a NB2 Miata.  Yes I was cross shopping them.  Then with the whole LeTurD incident I've been in literal agonizing Hell waiting for him to fix it just so I can sell it, then HOPEFULLY find a NB2 with the options I want in a colour I like.  Add this to all of the other stress I have now, and the fact I'd use driving to alleviate stress, I'm ready to go off the deep end!

Sigh... that was a long overdue rant/explanation...

« Reply #7854 on: June 11, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »

2020-B1-8

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7855 on: June 11, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
^^^^^^Good to get that stuff off your chest^^^^^^

Today I was given the gift of a Firebird Photo one of my staff members took for me while she was at a local cruise night car show!!

2019-06-11_08-00-11 by Charles Marson, on Flickr
Charlie

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7856 on: June 11, 2019, 06:21:55 PM »
Ah a '76, I'm too busy judging their parking job to think of anything else at the moment. :lol:

As a side note and addendum to earlier, I'd like the Firebird(or any other similar pony or muscle car) as a second or third car.  It's just everything that I'm so particular on it doesn't work out as an only car, and if there's any silver lining at least owning it made me appreciate cars like the Miata more.  I know at least scarebird understands me since he has a Miata. :lol:

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7857 on: June 14, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
Sigh...  You know I come to these car forums and car groups and see everyone else is seemingly happy with the cars they have, then I look at myself and I'm miserable.  Constantly miserable, regardless of the car.  Are people seriously genuinely happy with mass produced cars, or am I that jaded?  Even though I want the NB2 Miata more at the moment I get the distinct feeling after a month or two I'll find myself unhappy again.  Hopefully I'm wrong since I have a much better idea now of what it is I like and want in a car, and what cars offer that at given price points, but I just have this feeling for some reason.  It almost makes me think I actually hate cars.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7858 on: June 14, 2019, 04:51:42 PM »
Don't be so tough on yourself.  Cars are like food. You need to taste a few before you know what you like. Unfortunately for me, I don't get rid of them...
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7859 on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »
Perhaps, but the Firebird is my *stops and counts* eighth car.  It doesn't help that I'm picky yet unbiased in what I do like, and have fine vintage wine and champagne tastes on a party beer budget.  I know even the NB2 Miata isn't exactly what I want either, but it has the potential and is closer and cheaper to get there with some compromises on my part.  Realistically if I had the money I'd get a Lotus Elise/Exige, that or a TVR Griffith 500, and call it real since they have everything I want in a car.  Maybe a C6 Corvette, Lotus Esprit V8, or Lotus Evora if I felt the extra weight wasn't too bad in exchange for the power as they're around 3,050-3,150 pounds Esprit to Vette.  The Exige makes the Miata look heavy though at 2,050-2,090 pounds depending on if it's supercharged or not.  Unrealistically I'd get a McLaren F1 but those are beyond unobtainable, that or a Ferrari F40 since they're not quite as unobtainable.  Again fine vintage wine and champagne tastes. :lol:

« Reply #7859 on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7860 on: June 14, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »
Or here's a crazy wild idea. You already have a great start and canvas with your Bird. Make it perfect for you. Not all at once. Let it evolve into what you want over time. Whats the old saying...Rome wasnt built in a day. By doing this you learn what you thought you needed to do maybe isn't necessary and instead maybe need to do "x".  If you didnt think that the Bird wasn't a great start for you to create your masterpiece, I don't think you would have bought it in the first place......just an observation.  So start off with the necessity......making that clutch right for you to drive it and enjoy it for a bit. Then create your list and drive it some more while you go over your list.  Will it take time. Yea.  The GTA was bone stock when i bought it and stayed that way for the first eight years I owned it.  During that time I wanted to do all kinds of stuff to it......make it more powerful, lower it, wheels, etc.  What I found out after driving it,  all i really wanted was to let it breath a little better and make it sound good. In 06.......at 15 years old.......it got emission legal headers, Flowmaster 80 series in back, better plug wires and a little spark advance.  The graphics came a year later and new better injectors a year after that. I've tinkered with a few other ideas recently but can't get myself to go through with it. Why?  Cause to me, its perfect as it is.  Nope, its not stupid fast and its a third gen.......the black sheep of the gens lol.  Buts it what I wanted it to be so its perfect to me and makes a smile when I go to start it up and pull it out of the garage.  You can have that too.  You've got the canvas.  Start painting. Get it out, get some seat time in it with just you and the road. You keep talking this and that but still come back to the Bird.........just sayin.......

Now that I've taken up a whole page, on to today.  Came into work today to find out that I got a 3% merit raise.  Not much, but could have gotten nothing instead. It was a good day today.

Reagan

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7861 on: June 14, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
I bought it because aside from a Mustang that's worse in every way aside from the dashboard and visibility, or a Corvette I couldn't find quite in my price range, it's the only car that had a V8 with a manual.  Well aside from the mechanically identical yet aesthetically inferior Camaro.  Even if I somehow got double wishbone suspension in the rear and removed an impossible amount of weight, I still can't see out of it and it's still larger than a mid-size sedan.  I like how it looks, and the fact it's a V8 with a manual but that's about it.  Even the day I bought it I questioned rather I wanted to buy it or not on the test drive, but it was the only way for me to get a V8 with a manual and at the time that's what was most important to me.  Well that and I bought it for other reasons I won't delve into since it's a part of my life I want to forget.  The only reason I've yet to sell it is I'm waiting on my brother to finish fixing what he screwed up when he smashed the LeTurD into it through the garage door.  The NB2 Miata, before he traded it for a stupid motorcycle, was the first time since my Celica that I had actually enjoyed driving.  I could just enjoy driving; not have to worry about placing a car that's 196" long 74.5" wide or worry about swiping off the 6' of front end I can't see any of.  Plus the Miata was a joy to toss around since it's so light and planted in the rear.  The Miata is a better starting point for what I'm wanting in a car now, and honestly was then too but I was stupid.

Besides the Firebird could never do this:

Any raise is a good raise, especially those you don't even ask for.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:57:25 AM by Casey »

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7862 on: June 15, 2019, 07:59:40 AM »
Lol I think you'll have quite a few here that will disagree with your comment with the video clip.  Could a TA/Bird do it with the same amount of driver effort?  Sure, with the right set up, just like im sure the suspension on that miata isnt stock either. Ive got a friend with a 4th gen Z28 that is now used for Drag racing. I watched his car shed lots of pounds and still have an interior, minus a back seat, which the miata doesnt have anyway lol.  Yes I know......drag car vs. road car, but weight reduction applies the same way. I will agree that the suspension on an Fbody wasnt the latest and greatest, yet the design works very well and pulls great skid pad numbers, which translates to the road. Heck i think mine with stock set up pulls .90 on the skid pad. And I can tell you from the seat and running quite a few of the twisty Ozark Mountain roads in southern Missouri, it does just fine.  I cant imagine what dropping the suspension an inch, adding a 17x9 set of  wheels, subframe connectors and upgraded shocks and struts would accomplish. Probably more than I would want. 

Dont get me wrong. Have nothing against the miata.  I had a Triumph TR7 vert. 5sp with dual Stromberg carbs.  Fun car to toss around. It has its niche in automotive society.  Like I stated before, you got your canvas. You wanted a V8 manual,  start painting lol. As creative and knowledgeable as you seem to be, you could create the Ali of Birds, floating like a butterfly and stinging like a V8 bee. Maybe its time to get your Bob Ross on lol.

Reagan

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7863 on: June 15, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
I have a reason for my comment and clip.  There's a back road locally that I like to drive on that has a steep radiused turn, a turn that if not for the clutch LSD in the Firebird it'd just sit and spin because it lifts the inside drive wheel if you want to keep it in your lane.  There's nothing that'll fix that short of some form of IRS conversion that costs more than the car is worth.  The Miata was able to take it just fine with no fuss or drama; between the double wishbone rear, shorter wheelbase, and narrower track(as far as positioning within the lane) I don't think it even lifted the inside drive wheel any or if it did it wasn't blatantly obvious like in the Firebird.  Sure the F-body can be great on a perfectly flat or mostly even track or road, Sam Strano has proved that time and time again, but out in the real world with situations like that you're just screwed as all the lateral grip in the world isn't any good when you can't conform to the road.  On mostly smooth sweepers it's fine even with stock suspension, though having 17x9.5 square covered in BFG Sport COMP-2 helped a lot, but you still feel the weight in transitioning it.  Tight technical roads, and around here that means crappy uneven surfaces in addition, just forget it.  Never mind any confidence I'd otherwise have in the car is nonexistent because I can't see past the dashboard which doesn't help with placing its gargantuan @$$, so even if it were the best handling car in the world and weighed 2,800 pounds it wouldn't matter because of that.  I don't want to drive a car that makes me so uncomfortable and anxious it makes my leg flutter to the point of not being able to control the clutch, it's just not the right car for me and I never should've bought it.  See but now I know that personally, so I sell it and move on and can be happier with the Miata this time around knowing anything else out there for the price isn't as good for me.  Well that and the NB2 is so much better than the NA6 it's not even funny.

Wrapping around full circle I'd be happier with a second gen than the fourth gen, given both were equally equipped and capable and in equal condition.  At least you can see past the dash and see the 6 feet of schnoz in the second gen, or at least my short @$$ can.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:14:36 PM by Casey »

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7864 on: June 15, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »
Lol I understand what you're getting at on the handling.  Plus not being able to properly see to point said Bird in the right direction doesnt help either. Some car inspire confidence and other not as much.

FWIW... I've got another friend who has a very nice 82 TA but didnt like the way the rear suspension was(similar to your issue) so he ended up sourcing the IRS out of a C4 and last I heard(they've moved away), although not on the road yet(family life lol), it fit under there with minimal issue and he's excited to finish up the rest of it (LS swap, Ronal wheels, etc etc) and try it out on the twisties.

Reagan

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7865 on: June 15, 2019, 02:28:52 PM »
To suggest that a firebird cannot handle a twisty, curved road is ridiculous and absurd! End of discussion.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7866 on: June 15, 2019, 03:44:58 PM »
Lol I understand what you're getting at on the handling.  Plus not being able to properly see to point said Bird in the right direction doesnt help either. Some car inspire confidence and other not as much.

FWIW... I've got another friend who has a very nice 82 TA but didnt like the way the rear suspension was(similar to your issue) so he ended up sourcing the IRS out of a C4 and last I heard(they've moved away), although not on the road yet(family life lol), it fit under there with minimal issue and he's excited to finish up the rest of it (LS swap, Ronal wheels, etc etc) and try it out on the twisties.
I had looked into that, but it'd be so involved and expensive plus trying to get the geometry right in addition to figuring out proper spring rate and damper valving.  You'd be a lot better off getting the Corvette in the first place.

To suggest that a firebird cannot handle a twisty, curved road is ridiculous and absurd! End of discussion.
It's all about perspective; most anything that isn't a truck or SUV can handle a twisty curved road at the speed limit, but does it do it with grace, composure, and ease?  Besides the handling issues I'm having in particular would effect any solid axle car, so a FB RX-7 or the multitude of European sports cars with solid axles would have the exact same problem even though most are just as small and light as the Miata. Plus in my last post I mentioned the F-body was capable under certain circumstances, just not within mine.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7867 on: June 15, 2019, 09:29:01 PM »
You would just have to drive both cars in the same conditions like I have to understand, and I was able to do it back to back even so there's minimal if any rose tinting going on.  The F-body is good for what it is, it's A LOT better than the Mustang on a year to year basis, but a Miata it is not.  Weight, size, rear suspension, wheelbase, and weight distribution are all in the Miata's favour.  For high speed stability on glass smooth tracks the F-body would probably be better though, as the Miata can be twitchy at times due to the short wheelbase though I think wider wheels with stickier rubber would help that since even the NB2 I drove was on skinny all season tires albeit good ones via BFGoodrich.

Funny, here I defend my reasoning to go to a Miata but elsewhere I defend the F-body's capabilities to those that jeer it and would applaud me in choosing the Miata.  Sigh, can't make anyone happy.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7868 on: June 16, 2019, 01:28:34 PM »
I woke up to the smell of caustic paint fumes and marbles rattling, so either the Firebird is finally being painted or there's a really strange game of marbles going on.

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7869 on: June 16, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
I woke up to the smell of caustic paint fumes and marbles rattling, so either the Firebird is finally being painted or there's a really strange game of marbles going on.

Or maybe you were sleep painting your fingernails

« Reply #7869 on: June 16, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7870 on: June 16, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »
Hmmm, that'd be quite the feat and convenient.  Though nail paint isn't that caustic, some of the clear coats like the gel coats are though.  Actually sleep painting toenails would be even better since that's harder, though at least they go longer without needing repainted.  Plus there'd been ample evidence of such.  Upon further investigation there were leprechauns breaking open cans of spray paint to play marbles.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7871 on: June 16, 2019, 09:57:54 PM »
Didn't really go and look since I'm wanting to wait until it's done first, but did catch a glimpse on the way out to dinner and from what I can tell it looked pretty good.  Will know better once it's had the chance to cure to be cut and buffed and is up against original paint.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7872 on: June 17, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
Today I...  had to go full on "DeCaff Mode" on the hospital staff here in town.  I had to get one last MRI done before I'm hopefully done with those things for good. 

I arrived at the hospital and normally I'd walk in the front door (just like everyone else).  Well, there's so much construction going on that it took me awhile to figure out how to actually enter the building.  That's not what set me off.

I wandered around inside the hospital and eventually found my way to some morbidly obese woman sitting behind a desk.  There was a tiny sign sitting on the desk - "Check in here".  Wow.....

She didn't even acknowledge my presence until I stood there and explained why I was there. 

Then, she finally got off the frikken phone (smartphone... facebook) and babbles some kind of half assed directions how to get there.   Grrrrr......  Don't get up and show me where to go, it might be too much hassle.

Alright, whatever.  I found my way to another group of women dressed in casual business clothes.  They were standing around, doing nothing and babbling to each other.  One of them actually asked if they could help me.  I explained what I needed and I got a cockey reply:  You have to go check in.  Well THAT set me off (moreso the cockey tone than the ignorant reply) and I let loose. 

It's not much to read as black and white words on a screen, but when "DeCaff Mode" is witnessed in person, people usually shape up real quick.

Well the same cockey woman walked me to an elevator, then even pressed the button and I rode it to my floor.  Upon exiting the elevator, it was more chaos.  People everywhere.  No one seemed to have any idea what was going on, and here I am trying to find the MRI department. 

Finally, a janitor asked if I needed help.  A janitor.  I explained what I needed and he showed me straight to my destination.

Things did not get better from there.  The MRI tech was initially a little snobby.  Since I was still pissed I let her have it, too.  Roar!

Well, I eventually got the test done.  MRI's don't bother me.  All you do is lay there and try to take a nap (which I did)   People, OTOH, irritate and piss me off to no end. 

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7873 on: June 17, 2019, 08:50:40 PM »
Hmmm, maybe this is just a Northern problem.  Everyone I ran into at the hospital last year was super nice and helpful, between general staff or staff specific to the surgeon.  Then again I'm also very demure out in public and even more anxious than usual in a hospital, so maybe that compels everyone to be really nice to me.

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #7874 on: June 18, 2019, 09:18:04 AM »
Sounds like DeCaff's experience was the medical equivalent to going to the DMV.  :lol:
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7875 on: June 18, 2019, 11:03:51 AM »
“DeCaff mode” Gave me a chuckle.

You have names for your level of frustration and anger. Do you also have terms or names for when the things are working out well? Like say “Pontiac cruise mode” or “Car Show perfect mode”

And is there a “Full DeCaff” mode and a “Half Decafe” mode.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7876 on: June 18, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
I think there should be a DeCaffCon number system 1-5 for clarity.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7877 on: June 19, 2019, 07:22:04 AM »
“DeCaff mode” Gave me a chuckle.

You have names for your level of frustration and anger. Do you also have terms or names for when the things are working out well? Like say “Pontiac cruise mode” or “Car Show perfect mode”

And is there a “Full DeCaff” mode and a “Half Decafe” mode.

I'll let you know.  That is, if things ever start working out well.

LoL as for full and half well.....  go big or go home, so no half.

I think there should be a DeCaffCon number system 1-5 for clarity.

Ha!  That's a good one.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7878 on: June 19, 2019, 07:27:36 AM »
Just wait until he becomes plain ole 'caff! LOL.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7879 on: June 19, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
Just wait until he becomes plain ole 'caff! LOL.

If the implication there is what I think it is, I still drink entirely too much coffee - and yes, it caffeinated.

« Reply #7879 on: June 19, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-3