Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 738947 times)

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
Re: Today I...
« Reply #960 on: February 16, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »
That's awesome work Raptor! A fellow could make some good money doing that.

Today I finished off the entire weekend of sandblasting and painting. I blasted the radiator support, both inner fenders, and the two larger bumper frame pieces down to bare metal, and treated them all with two coats of SPI Black Epoxy. I'll get the hood hinges and smaller brackets with the next batch, but the bulk of the underhood stuff is done now.

Now it's off to start studying for the Night Nav EP Simulator I have this evening. Should be fun.
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98
'86 Suburban C20 454/NV4500

Formula build thread: http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=75375.msg705571#msg705571

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Peace is but a shadow of death.
« Reply #961 on: February 16, 2016, 03:11:47 PM »
Provided he did more than F-body shift knobs anyway, he'd run out of customers quick. :P

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
1977 HardTop T/A: 347 LSx Build,3.905" Wiseco 25cc dished pistons,forged rods, OE crank,BTR Stage 2 turbo cam, ARP Main+Head Studs,

1986 T-Top T/A:
Navy Blue Paint ,Grey/Black interior,140mph speedo,overhead console, LB9/Automatic, 2.77 Posi,  WS-6 suspension, All power options, UMI Wonderbar, UMI Rear LCAs, KYB Excel-Gs, Opened Formula hood,

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #964 on: February 16, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »
^Wow, someone has been busy.

So I just finished my daily car search, and apparently there's a 1997 30th Anniversary Camaro with the T56 for sale about 40 miles from me.  Part of me is like the Firebird and the Camaro are practically the same car by this point, but at the same time they aren't.  I know it's silly but I really prefer the Firebird over the Camaro, though I wouldn't want to pass up a Camaro with the T56 and then not find a Firebird in a reasonable time frame.  I will need to call for more information, but I'll wait until tomorrow as it'd be a bit rude at this hour.

« Reply #964 on: February 16, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »

Ok-TA1977

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #965 on: February 16, 2016, 08:18:40 PM »
Horrible, I will post pics of rear quarters tomorrow as it is dark here.
 I also posted in the exterior section due to all the rust and am asking for panel info.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:24:03 PM by Ok-TA1977 »
1977 WIP-White on Black

Raptor

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #966 on: February 17, 2016, 06:31:46 AM »
Provided he did more than F-body shift knobs anyway, he'd run out of customers quick. :P

Other cars are not worthy 8-)

It's the first time I do this but it gives me ideas. I could totally make a bit of money doing shifter boots and knobs.
François Martinez (from France)
- 1974 Firebird Formula 400
- 1984 Firebird Trans Am HO - L69 - T5 - W62

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #967 on: February 17, 2016, 06:55:35 AM »
Spent some time grinding and wire wheeling the under side. This looking from the rear at the area behind the rear seats. That bumper is where the differential meets the drive shaft.

79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #968 on: February 17, 2016, 08:58:14 AM »

Other cars are not worthy 8-)

It's the first time I do this but it gives me ideas. I could totally make a bit of money doing shifter boots and knobs.

You could probably make a good deal more doing steering wheels and armrest sized stuff once you had a good reputation going.
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98

Formula build thread: http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=75375.msg705571#msg705571

DGulliver

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #969 on: February 17, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »
.......bought a 1978 Z/28 4-speed. Don't tell anybody! (All of our T/As are still safe and secure lol..)
Proud member "F-Body Rescue Society"
'73 T/A clone Lucerne Blue
'73 Formula 400 red
'73 Firebird Formula 350 blue
'74 T/A 400 Buccaneer Red
'77 T/A W72 4-speed Black
'78 T/A Y88 Solar Gold t-top
'79 T/A 403 White
'79 T/A Solar Gold t-top
'79 T/A Starlight Black t-top
'79 T/A W72, WS6 4-speed Mayan Red
'80 T/A Indy Pace Car
'02 Firebird W68
Prospect Classic Motors

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #970 on: February 17, 2016, 01:53:29 PM »
.......bought a 1978 Z/28 4-speed. Don't tell anybody! (All of our T/As are still safe and secure lol..)
I can't fault you, as much as I greatly prefer the Firebird over the Camaro I even more so prefer a manual over an automatic.  Plus this means I get a green light on the '97 6-speed Z28 I found. :lol:

Raptor

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #971 on: February 17, 2016, 05:00:49 PM »
I did the e-brake hadle as well. As you can see, the original one was in pretty bad condition :

Even worse once the leather was removed. The handle is trash :

So I got an idea : maybe I could use the '89 handle instead. The problem is it's longer, but it does fit on the lever. So I cut the excess of plastic on the back, sanded the part and rounded off the edges :

I cleaned up the hole afterwards :

Then again, cover the part in leather to get the pattern :

And done ! :

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #972 on: February 17, 2016, 05:46:13 PM »
^Nice job again.

Well apparently the Z28 was already gone...  Maybe that's a sign to wait for a Firebird.

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #973 on: February 17, 2016, 08:36:49 PM »
Today I...Became an Eagle Scout.
1977 HardTop T/A: 347 LSx Build,3.905" Wiseco 25cc dished pistons,forged rods, OE crank,BTR Stage 2 turbo cam, ARP Main+Head Studs,

1986 T-Top T/A:
Navy Blue Paint ,Grey/Black interior,140mph speedo,overhead console, LB9/Automatic, 2.77 Posi,  WS-6 suspension, All power options, UMI Wonderbar, UMI Rear LCAs, KYB Excel-Gs, Opened Formula hood,

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #974 on: February 17, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »

Congratulations! That's something you will continue to look back on with pride for many years to come. Make sure you stay involved going forward. Being involved with NESA gave me some of my more rewarding experiences through college.
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98

« Reply #974 on: February 17, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »

Spoon

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #975 on: February 18, 2016, 05:44:59 AM »

Well done!

ThKidd

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #976 on: February 18, 2016, 07:47:47 AM »

Congratulations!  You should be very proud of yourself; that's quite an accomplishment.
1977 PHS-documented SE black-on-black (work in progress, ok, not much progress)

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #977 on: February 18, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »

I had to google what that is.  Nice job. 

On a side note....  I do vaguely remember...  about 30 years ago...  my parents tried to get me involved in something similar.  Last thing I remember is sitting around a campfire, getting eaten alive by mosquitos, and singing about ravioli.  Yeah that was it for me!
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #978 on: February 18, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »

Congratulations!  You should be very proud of yourself; that's quite an accomplishment.
X2! Good job 77 TA man
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #979 on: February 18, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
Congrats 77TAman, that is quite an accomplishment. There is a very active scout troop in my town and every year there are a couple guys in the paper becoming eagle scouts. I too was like Decaff, I only lasted as a cub for about a year :(
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #980 on: February 18, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
Thanks Everybody! I have 12 years invested into scouting( I turn 18 in 7 days to put that into perspective...) Its been a long journey and there were times I didn't think I would make it! I've learned a lot and made some very good friends these past few years since I first bought my Trans Am and and you guys have played a large part in that. I've been shown some extreme generosity by complete strangers to help my build
(Shout-Out to the unknown 2014 Trans Am Nationals vendor who gave me a free timing cover I desperately needed after hearing about my car/interests!) Among others who paid it forward to me, I really appreciate the kindness guys and look forward to helping others out with their projects when I'm in the position to do so!  I would say the biggest highlight of my scouting career was doing a 7 day/70mile Appalachian Trail backing trek in which I met very "interesting" people. I look forward to becoming an adult leader and staying active in the troop I'm in.  Overall I'd say that scouting has taught me a great many things, including the drive to keep going. The Eagle Scout Project Packet was a 30 page something monster that I made several hundred (if not thousands...) of revisions to it(printing out at least 12 different versions of it....:( ) the course of 10 month period. The project went smooth but just getting the paper work done was the biggest obstacle as well as getting off my duff and starting it. It is finally nice to sit back and not worry about it anymore, I'm not sure if got it done for personal achievement or to stop the endless nagging of the troop adults lol.  Thanks for the compliments guys! Sorry to bore y'all with such a long post...

1986 T-Top T/A:

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #981 on: February 18, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
  Just received our 2 new laptops (Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series w/windows 10). So far no problems and pretty easy to use. My hard drive crashed on my old laptop (second time in a year) last Friday and I decided to just buy 2 new ones on Saturday. I told the wife this is our valentines gifts to each other.   

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #982 on: February 20, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
Hit nearly 60 deg. was gonna take the bike out for a  little spin, it wouldn't start :sad: Not getting gas for some reason. So, I figured I would work on the t/a a bit, tried to adjust the pass window, not much luck there either :sad:, I did get my truck cleaned though :grin:
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #983 on: February 20, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »
Today I... went to work for 7 hours that FLEW by.  Dealing with idiots is highly frustrating but makes the time go by fast.  Then, I came home and immediately got back to work on a friends 95 Dodge Dakota.  Biggest POS ever made.  All I'm doing is replacing upper and lower ball joints.  Yeah.......  Don't rent tools from AZ.  They are JUNK!  It was easier to remove the entire lower control arm than it is to try to press the ball joint in with the "special" tool.

I fought with that lower ball joint for 3 hours with that goddamned tool.  Then decided to remove the LCA (which involved removing the front diff cover, removing the axle from the diff ((to make clearance for ONE EFFING BOLT)), and 2 separate trips to AZ for parts) and had the frikken ball joint pressed in with a socket and sledge hammer in 10 mins  :evil: :evil:

Then it came time to put the diff cover back on.  I noticed both axle seals were leaking, as well as the rubber seal to fill the diff fluid.  Oil pan gasket is leaking in several places, drain plug is welded into the pan  :shock: :shock: (Good luck with next oil change!!), and omg the RUST.

This truck is yet another nail in the coffin of why I will never again buy a Dodge vehicle.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

SpankinElroy

• Active Forum Member
  • Don't take life too seriously...it's not permanent
« Reply #984 on: February 21, 2016, 01:49:28 AM »
I rocked out at the AC/DC concert...they totally tore it up. Angus was without question the workhorse of the bunch, grinding that axe like I've never seen before. A true testament to rock n' roll...those bastards are the sh!t I say

1976 Trans Am - 400/4-speed/4.11

Raptor

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #985 on: February 21, 2016, 04:42:57 AM »
Today I... went to work for 7 hours that FLEW by.  Dealing with idiots is highly frustrating but makes the time go by fast.  Then, I came home and immediately got back to work on a friends 95 Dodge Dakota.  Biggest POS ever made.  All I'm doing is replacing upper and lower ball joints.  Yeah.......  Don't rent tools from AZ.  They are JUNK!  It was easier to remove the entire lower control arm than it is to try to press the ball joint in with the "special" tool.

I fought with that lower ball joint for 3 hours with that goddamned tool.  Then decided to remove the LCA (which involved removing the front diff cover, removing the axle from the diff ((to make clearance for ONE EFFING BOLT)), and 2 separate trips to AZ for parts) and had the frikken ball joint pressed in with a socket and sledge hammer in 10 mins  :evil: :evil:

Then it came time to put the diff cover back on.  I noticed both axle seals were leaking, as well as the rubber seal to fill the diff fluid.  Oil pan gasket is leaking in several places, drain plug is welded into the pan  :shock: :shock: (Good luck with next oil change!!), and omg the RUST.

This truck is yet another nail in the coffin of why I will never again buy a Dodge vehicle.

Not sure if judging an entire brand with a bad experience from a 21 year old worn out truck is a good idea :-P

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #986 on: February 21, 2016, 06:18:26 AM »

Not sure if judging an entire brand with a bad experience from a 21 year old worn out truck is a good idea :-P

Ok. let me further elaborate.

When I was just a youngin' , the second vehicles I ever owned in my life was an 87 Dodge Shadow (this was 1998`ish).  Literally a leaky, rusty, POS!  115K miles of turbocharged crappyness.  But I was young and dumb.  That also gave me a bad taste for Dodge right off the bat. 

...but I didn't learn my lesson.  A year or so later I'm at a dealership... looking at a new~ish Plymouth K car.  I pop the hood.  Oil everywhere.  No reading on dipstick.  Entire undercarriage is rusted to Hell.  JUNK.

Fast forward 10 years or so,  a buddy of mine decides to drive his 95 neon into the side of a mountain in a drunken stupor.  He comes to me to fix it.  Other than the obvious physical damage, the thing was a POS rustbucket. 

Same buddy's sister has an 01 Neon.  Another POS rustbucket.  She unintentionally smashes a pothole and destroys the right front rim/tire.  Guess who gets a phone call.  It takes all the strength of two fully grown men (her hubby and I) to break the lug nuts loose.  This is WITH a breaker bar.  3 lugs come off, 2 SNAP the studs off.  This leads to hub/axle removal.  With all that rust lack of maintenance in general, this turns into an all day project. 

Now should I go into the things I've had to do to the womans 03 Jeep Liberty?  Nice vehicle in theory but it's slowly succumbing to rust.  Nah, it's actually still a POS.  Needs a heater core.  Huge job that requires special tools and evacuation of the AC system.  I'm avoiding that one for as long as possible.

Yet another buddy asks me to replace front axles and seals on a late 90's Jeep Cherokee.  After taking one look at the rust under there, I refuse to touch it.  His junk barely starts and needs a full exhaust to begin with.  JUNK.

Just three days ago...  a rusty, leaky 95 Dakota pulls into my garage.  Need I say more?

Oh LoL and here's the final nail in the coffin:  At AZ, if I'm not grabbing parts for junk imports (which don't really count, lol) or Fords, guess what make of vehicle comes in second:  Dodge/Jeep.

Convinced yet, Raptor?

fb_rider

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #987 on: February 21, 2016, 06:40:25 AM »

X2! Good job 77 TA man
X3 very nice accomplishment!
1977 Trans Am SE w/W72 engine (sold)
1999 Trans Am Anniversary Edition #953 (sold)
2000 Trans Am Firehawk #263 (sold)

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #988 on: February 21, 2016, 04:31:37 PM »
I hacked up an old iron intake...

Pretty pleased with how it turned out. I might send it off to get powdercoated an aluminum color. I'm going to look at building an aluminum forge tomorrow so I can fill the heat crossover passages in my heads. Lowes, here I come!

I also got the rest of the odds and ends under the hood into epoxy primer. Headlight buckets and mounts, bumper mounting brackets, etc. I'm waiting on my patch panel and fender to valance bracket to come in, then I can finish up the fenders and get them in epoxy. After that, it's time to finally bring the shell out of storage and start stripping it down. Lots of solid work!
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98

TA6.6Liter

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #989 on: February 21, 2016, 05:55:01 PM »
Filled out the NATS and TIPP CITY forms to be mailed tomorrow.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #990 on: February 21, 2016, 07:01:04 PM »
Meh, most everyone is guilty of making a piece of crap at some point or another just some more than others.  My brother has the 5.9 Durango 4x4 with some 250,000 miles on it and outside of the faulty governor sensor locking out overdrive and 4H it's still in good shape.  His girlfriend has a 90's Jeep Cherokee with even more than that.  Any of the economy cars from the domestics until here recently are garbage, you can tell they really didn't care for making them at all.  Generally if it's RWD with a V8 most domestics are solid enough.  Generally any Japanese car made in Japan and not over here is good.  European cars are hit and miss, but most made in their homeland are good too.  Really the biggest factor is how it was maintained and treated.

Still no luck in finding a manual bird.  :-?

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #991 on: February 21, 2016, 07:24:17 PM »
Meh, most everyone is guilty of making a piece of crap at some point or another just some more than others.  My brother has the 5.9 Durango 4x4 with some 250,000 miles on it and outside of the faulty governor sensor locking out overdrive and 4H it's still in good shape.  His girlfriend has a 90's Jeep Cherokee with even more than that.  Any of the economy cars from the domestics until here recently are garbage, you can tell they really didn't care for making them at all.  Generally if it's RWD with a V8 most domestics are solid enough.  Generally any Japanese car made in Japan and not over here is good.  European cars are hit and miss, but most made in their homeland are good too.  Really the biggest factor is how it was maintained and treated.

Still no luck in finding a manual bird.  :-?
Exactly, there are some out standing factory designs and there are some not so outstanding designs but most of it is how its driven and how its taken care of.

1986 T-Top T/A:

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #992 on: February 22, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »

Pretty pleased with how it turned out. I might send it off to get powdercoated an aluminum color. I'm going to look at building an aluminum forge tomorrow so I can fill the heat crossover passages in my heads. Lowes, here I come!

I also got the rest of the odds and ends under the hood into epoxy primer. Headlight buckets and mounts, bumper mounting brackets, etc. I'm waiting on my patch panel and fender to valance bracket to come in, then I can finish up the fenders and get them in epoxy. After that, it's time to finally bring the shell out of storage and start stripping it down. Lots of solid work!

That looks great, I have wanted to do this too but have been a little hesitant.

Tom H
"I don't know what you call it, I only know the sound it makes when it lies!!"

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #993 on: February 22, 2016, 09:52:24 PM »

That looks great, I have wanted to do this too but have been a little hesitant.

Tom H

Thanks, Tom! It was actually way easier than I expected. I used a 4 1/2" angle grinder with cutoff wheels and a grinding wheel. I also had to use a hacksaw in a few small areas that the grinder wouldn't fit, mainly finishing the first cuts through the flange at the bolt holes and the narrow bridge of metal between the thermostat and the front of the runners. It honestly took longer to vacuum up the metal shavings than it did to cut the thing apart.

Today I fired up my home built furnace that I'm using to melt the aluminum to fill the heat crossovers. I used a large metal pail and a 1 gallon metal paint bucket, with quickcrete in between and a 12" sink extension to hook the shop vac up so it blows air into the inner pail. Load it up with some charcoal brickets, hit the switch, and bring on the heat. I'm using an old fire extinguisher with the top sawed off as a cauldron, and a plier-style oil filter wrench to move it about. I melted about 10 beer cans today and got a few tablespoons of aluminum poured as a proof of concept. Next time I use it will be after I have the heads disassembled and the blockoffs built for the intake flange. I plan to bolt on the plates, turn the heads so the intake face is down, and fill from through the exhaust valve port until the melt is up near the valve guide. I'll use my die grinder to smooth out the bowl to match the end chambers. Gonna have to drink some more beers to increase my can supply between now and then. Finally, a good excuse.
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Parts vender
      • Scarebird Classic Brakes
« Reply #994 on: February 23, 2016, 12:04:25 AM »
My smelter was more crude - a hole dug lined with bricks and an air nozzle hooked up to a piece of conduit.

Cam swap tonight started on the Lemans - back to a 2801.   Make a a nice cruiser as the TA will thrash it at the track.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #995 on: February 23, 2016, 06:59:39 AM »
I'm mechanically challenged, I don't understand what you are doing with the intake.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #996 on: February 23, 2016, 09:58:42 AM »
I'm mechanically challenged, I don't understand what you are doing with the intake.

I'm filling the heat crossovers in the head, so I won't need the heat crossover on the bottom of the intake anymore. Saves a few pounds and my back trying to lift it off and on.

I also cut off the water crossover so I won't have problems with it leaking, can gasket match the intake, and will have a dry intake if I decide I want to pull it off. When I build the bigger cube engine, I'll be using aluminum heads, which don't have the heat crossover port anyways.
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98

Ford5of5

• Oracle Forum Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #997 on: February 23, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »
I want to do this to an intake just because it looks cool. :cool:

Cal30, I notice that you cut through the center of the inboard holes. I see others do it that way too. Is there a reason for it? It just seems to me that it would make more sense to keep the entire bolt hole. I never tried this before, I'm just curious.

cal30_sniper

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #998 on: February 23, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
I want to do this to an intake just because it looks cool. :cool:

Cal30, I notice that you cut through the center of the inboard holes. I see others do it that way too. Is there a reason for it? It just seems to me that it would make more sense to keep the entire bolt hole. I never tried this before, I'm just curious.

Yep, I thought that was weird when I saw other people do it also, but there is a reason for it. If you look at the intake surface of factory iron heads, there are two holes between the heat crossover passage and the inner bolt holes. Those holes go through the intake surface and into the oil drainback area inside the head. In order to seal those holes up, you need to fabricate a metal plate between the inner holes where the heat crossover used to be, even if you've filled the crossover passages in the head. Edelbrock aluminum heads don't have those holes, so if you were planning to solely run the intake on aluminum heads, you could cut inside the bolt holes and keep the entire hole.

This modification is a pretty decent weight reduction. It went from pretty dang heavy, to about the same weight in hand as the entire aluminum Holley Street Dominator intake that I have with the crossovers still attached. Once I cut that aluminum water crossover off the HSD and use it, I'll save a bit more weight. Even though the crossover will add some weight on the vehicle, it will still be much easier to lift this intake in place. Not hard to do when the engine is on a stand, but it can be tough to get it done and all the bolt holes lined up when the engine is already in the car and you're leaning over between the fenders and hood.
'73 Formula 350
'88 Trans Am GTA L98

tajoe

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #999 on: February 23, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
When I 1st saw your reworked intake Cal, I thought it was a RAIV, or 455HO manifold. I have a set of 191, (71 455HO heads), and some-one had done the blockoff to the crossover passage like you're doing. Never had it on the road tho.
 Not sure what your intent with that modification is, but if you drive it on the street, you may want to invest in a manual choke. Makes life "so" much more pleasant, when driving through the warm-up cycle.

"You can sell an old man a young mans car,
but you can't sell a young man an old mans car"
                                       Bunkie Knudsen

« Reply #999 on: February 23, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
You can help support TAC!