Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 695265 times)

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
Re: Today I...
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
Oh that I did, only to get up at 4:30 the next morning and LOL I was almost late for work.  Reason being that the woman decided to take my thermos apart to clean it.  She failed to inform me of this.  It took me a good 15 minutes to figure out how to put it back together (and it's still not quite right). 
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Peace is but a shadow of death.
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »
I have 48 hour days, I don't suggest them to anyone.  So I'm lamenting the thought of making a Craigslist ad, well because I hate Craigslist and the people that use it.  You know what I mean, that guy that tries to negotiate over the phone without having even seen the car in person yet.  How rude and classless.

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2015, 01:30:59 PM »
I hate when this happens, when absolutely nothing is being done to the car. I dont care if its small progress but stuff needs to be done. I'm at the point where I'm "farming" out what I need and saving everything for a 3rd gen.

Alright guys, I need your opinion on this.  My Trans Am has been sitting for the last 15 years, it hasnt ran in over a year.  Should I take it all down, by this I mean rebuild the engine the way I want to, tubular subframe and control arms, SFC,properly build a 700R4 to handle the new 400's power and effectively replace/repair every rusted body panel on the car along with freshening up the interior.  The cars not being driven as it is, so that doesn't matter. Thoughts?
Thanks guys, what I think I'll do is wait until spring to see if there is a good chance of it
Being able to make it to the local shows. If there is I'll drive it for the show season and then take it down at the end of 2016. If there isnt a good chance of it being driven then I'll start taking it down at the beginning of 2016.
1977 HardTop T/A: 347 LSx Build,3.905" Wiseco 25cc dished pistons,forged rods, OE crank,BTR Stage 2 turbo cam, ARP Main+Head Studs,

1986 T-Top T/A:
Navy Blue Paint ,Grey/Black interior,140mph speedo,overhead console, LB9/Automatic, 2.77 Posi,  WS-6 suspension, All power options, UMI Wonderbar, UMI Rear LCAs, KYB Excel-Gs, Opened Formula hood,

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2015, 07:56:56 PM »
Here's one:  TOMORROW I.... plan to fix a joist in my basement, replace at least one of the gutters on the back of my house, and probably will have to put new front pads and rotors on my moms car. 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:26 PM »
Good thing you have louvers and probably don't park in the sun often or use it for storing hats.

Yes I keep her in the garage, other wise I'm sure it wouldn't last long.

« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2015, 08:10:26 PM »

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »
installed my new seat shelf. My son had it custom made all vinyl to match seats. Early birthday present.

That is nice!!!

Thank You KY, it looks real nice close up. It's a same it's hidden by the louvers.   

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
Today I sold my rally II no changing my mind and switching back. They went to a good home, guy working on a 67 GTO.

Tom H
"I don't know what you call it, I only know the sound it makes when it lies!!"

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2015, 10:16:44 AM »
So, a wizard stopped and looked at my car apparently and took some pictures yesterday. By wizard I mean an old guy with long white hair and a beard. Supposedly he has a co worker that used to own one and has been looking for one for awhile now, so here's to hoping. The hardest part will be the act of selling it regardless of the price, I'll probably start crying halfway through it. By probably I mean definitely.

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »
So, a wizard stopped and looked at my car apparently and took some pictures yesterday. By wizard I mean an old guy with long white hair and a beard. Supposedly he has a co worker that used to own one and has been looking for one for awhile now, so here's to hoping. The hardest part will be the act of selling it regardless of the price, I'll probably start crying halfway through it. By probably I mean definitely.

It sucks to see anything you love go, but that attachment is what makes the car special to you. Without that attachment the car is just that, an old machine.
1977 HardTop T/A: 347 LSx Build,3.905" Wiseco 25cc dished pistons,forged rods, OE crank,BTR Stage 2 turbo cam, ARP Main+Head Studs,

1986 T-Top T/A:
Navy Blue Paint ,Grey/Black interior,140mph speedo,overhead console, LB9/Automatic, 2.77 Posi,  WS-6 suspension, All power options, UMI Wonderbar, UMI Rear LCAs, KYB Excel-Gs, Opened Formula hood,

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »
Box, so I assume its the same guy that's in your avatar?
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

EvilEdOlean

• Active Forum Member
      • Southwest Pontiac Car Club
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2015, 03:05:03 PM »
Today I started deconstruction of the 71 (again) for a new heart!

Des your center console have seat belt guides?   Just wondering my 1979 trans am project car can with a console with seat belts guides.  I think this means the console is from a 1971-72 Trans am but not certain.
Web site under construction at:
Southwest Pontiac Car Club
http://edozogar.wix.com/el-paso-swpcc

Facebook:
SPCC Facebook Group discussion, buy sell trade. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/El.Paso.Trans.Am.Club/
SPCC - Facebook Community page
https://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPontiacCarClub/

Email: Southwest Pontiac Car Club
spcc.elppasotexas.gov

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2015, 04:41:44 PM »
My 71 does but not the 72.

Regards, Jack

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
Today I recieved a New in box 2011 Cobra 29 CB as a gift. Figured it'd go in the S10 vs the Trans Am.

1986 T-Top T/A:

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
Today I... actually had a day off, so I fixed said joist in my basement.  For those of you that know anything about construction, that joist had 3/4" of sag in it AND it was cracked!  I'm jacking it back up with a 20 ton hydraulic jack... 1/8" at a time lol.

Then I... called my mother and ended up having to replace the brakes on her 2012 Nissan Versa.  1.6 econobox junk.  Suits her needs though.  When I took off the rotors, they had such bad grooves in them that I had a hard time getting the pads off.  Nothing a hammer and chisel couldn't fix.  Instead of OEM organic garbage, I installed Duralast Gold semi-metallic pads and Z-clad rotors to match.  She will never have front brake problems again  :cool:

Then, after a crap load of errands and other BS of wasting my day, I FINALLY got back home about 6 hours later.  Not at all the way I wanted to spend my only day off  :sad:  then, I decided to work on the T/A's engine for a bit and that turned into the final aggravation for the day (see my resto thread). 

I had to step away, clean up, and have some dinner.  Ever just have TOO much stress in one day?  Well that was today.  I would have rather been working all day.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #374 on: September 05, 2015, 04:04:03 AM »
Box, so I assume its the same guy that's in your avatar?
I wished it was Ian McKellen that was stopping by to buy my car.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to have a flare, everything was burning intensely and my arms and legs even swelled up and turned red...  Those are the days I feel like dying...  Took over twelve hours to get back to what I consider somewhat normal, I just had to lay down and do nothing.  On a positive note I was able to catch some sleep for once.

« Reply #374 on: September 05, 2015, 04:04:03 AM »

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #375 on: September 05, 2015, 07:47:24 AM »
A day behind, but last night I finished the ductwork, got my dash installed and installed my Beautiful Gold dash bezel restored by Randy Combs. Windshield and back glass are scheduled for tuesday
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #376 on: September 08, 2015, 07:37:58 AM »
Yesterday I...  was so frikken busy that I didn't even have a chance to post anything!  Got up @ 8am, start sandblasting... and only got my manifolds done.  Would have gotten more done by my air compressor started missing.  How the Hell does an electric motor have a miss?  Turns out it needed a new air filter and an oil change. 

Ok so now half the day was shot already.  Then I threw an oil change into my Camry, replaced the battery terminal connectors (that turned into another project!), cleaned up the garage a bit, and then I saw my neighbor trimming some shrubs.  That reminded me I had to do the same to the pine trees in my hard.  That leg to a $140 trip to Lowes for an electric pole saw.  Even with the right tool, OMG what a job that was!

THEN, my father shows up and says his HHR needs an oil change.  Ok so that's my second trip to Auto Zone.... 

Grrrr... well now it's getting dark and POOF!  My porch light decided to blow one of the 100W halogen bulbs.  Back to Lowes!@$#%. 

Finally got that done and the woman says the burgers are ready.  I take one bite and they are pink and bloody in the middle.  Double GRRRRR!!!

At that point I said EFF THIS and went to bed! 

PARTSMAN76

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:09 AM »
DeCaff.............your gonna have a heart attack!!!   lol
79 ANNIVERSARY T/A

Steve B

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #378 on: September 08, 2015, 08:32:37 AM »
Yesterday I...  was so frikken busy that I didn't even have a chance to post anything!  Got up @ 8am, start sandblasting... and only got my manifolds done.  Would have gotten more done by my air compressor started missing.  How the Hell does an electric motor have a miss?  Turns out it needed a new air filter and an oil change. 

Ok so now half the day was shot already.  Then I threw an oil change into my Camry, replaced the battery terminal connectors (that turned into another project!), cleaned up the garage a bit, and then I saw my neighbor trimming some shrubs.  That reminded me I had to do the same to the pine trees in my hard.  That leg to a $140 trip to Lowes for an electric pole saw.  Even with the right tool, OMG what a job that was!

THEN, my father shows up and says his HHR needs an oil change.  Ok so that's my second trip to Auto Zone.... 

Grrrr... well now it's getting dark and POOF!  My porch light decided to blow one of the 100W halogen bulbs.  Back to Lowes!@$#%. 

Finally got that done and the woman says the burgers are ready.  I take one bite and they are pink and bloody in the middle.  Double GRRRRR!!!

At that point I said EFF THIS and went to bed!

Read what DeCaff did yesterday.  Got tired and called it a day!  lol...
Steve
1980 Trans Am, 400, TH400 auto

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #379 on: September 08, 2015, 10:20:03 AM »
Just read my previous post again.  I knew I was getting a migraine and wow...  all the spelling errors prove it. 

LoL so today I... (am having) a migraine that may force me home early from work.  I really hate that.

PARTSMAN76:  Both of my paternal grandparents died of heart attacks, and my father has already had a heart stent (he did have a stroke, though).  I've been tested again and again and again...  I have a perfectly healthy heart, I eat right, and I keep in shape.  Maybe it skipped me?

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:09 AM »
I'm taking the 82 jeep for its first smog test with the CARB approved fuel injection and header. I hope they don't hassle me or refuse to smog it.
Fingers crossed for nice smog natzi's!!!

Tom H

PARTSMAN76

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2015, 11:16:05 AM »
Yesterday........me and a friend took our TA's on a road trip.
79 ANNIVERSARY T/A

droptopron

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »
Y'day - of all the jobs I have to do around the house, my wife picks paint the garage floor.  Besides the car there is a bunch of other shyt in there.  Emptied it, shop vacced it, scrubbed the floors with concrete cleaner, shop vacced it again, let it dry & painted it.  I didn't have time for a 2-pt epoxy so used a Behr concrete paint that's rated for garage floors.  IDK how durable it will be but it laid down pretty nice with a roller but there were a lot of spots I had to do with a brush. 

Finished product - house was built in 1954 and floor was bare concrete

Also found these, which came off the TA when I bought it.  Why do I save this stuff?

Former 1979 TATA
Current 1970 442

Your Country guarantees your Freedom
Your Government operates to limit your Freedom

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »
Because they are Limited.  Sorry, someone had to say it.   :lol:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:04:16 AM by mrbandit »

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »
I'm taking the 82 jeep for its first smog test with the CARB approved fuel injection and header. I hope they don't hassle me or refuse to smog it.
Fingers crossed for nice smog natzi's!!!

Tom H

As I suspected smog didn't go well as the guy didn't know what to do with the removed parts list. I think you would put N/A for smog pump and heat rise tube etc. he recommended the referee so I sat on hold for 35 minutes to have them say "you have to be tested and fail before you can go to the referee" So I will try again tomorrow at a different station.

Tom H

pancho400cid

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Viva los PONCHOS!
« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »
I will try again tomorrow at a different station

Not sure where you are but in most places the computer shows you've already tried and failed so multiple attempts don't really help because if one place fails you and another passes you the second place has to have clear records of you passing "fair and square" to protect themselves.....  In other words the second guys looks at you harder than the first.... my experience anyway.  Best of luck.
1978 Trans Am - Chesterfield Brown - current project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - SOLD!

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
  • "Life is hard, It's Harder when your'e Stupid.."
      • My Trans Am - Restoration Project
« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »
Today I finished doing a complete wiring and electrical job on a 1937 Hudson Super 8. Although it wasn't a Trans Am, a complete wire and electrical install was a great experience. I used a Painless Wiring kit which worked quite well. The original wiring and installation was an absolute nightmare. However everything worked excellent, and I was happy to have it all done. It took longer than anticipated (about 30 hours or so). Good thing is the experience and understanding of automotive electrical that gained.
Jim
1979 Trans Am- Heritage Brown -W72 (Pontiac 400) -4Speed-WS6
1972 LeMans Convertible
1977 Trans Am
1972 Firebird
1971 Firebird
1970 Firebird
1977 MGB  Roadster Convertible

Lucky Phil

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2015, 04:26:03 AM »
Today I paid a deposit for a 10 x 9 metre garage to hide my toys....
Well at least 3 of them..... :D :D :D

1979 10th Anniversary TA
1978 W87 Currently Restoring Rat Rod Style
1959 Aussie Delivered RHD Bel Air

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:30 AM »
So roughly 33x29 feet in American, should be able to squeeze in 8 decently sized cars back to back and side to side.  Never said anything about getting them in and out. :P

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #389 on: September 09, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »

Not sure where you are but in most places the computer shows you've already tried and failed so multiple attempts don't really help because if one place fails you and another passes you the second place has to have clear records of you passing "fair and square" to protect themselves.....  In other words the second guys looks at you harder than the first.... my experience anyway.  Best of luck.

He never tested it, he stopped at the visual because he didn't know what to put for the heat rise tube since the EFI removes the complete air cleaner assembly and has an open air cleaner. When I called the referee to make an appointment they ran the plate and had nothing to reference for the test. So the next place either passes it or fails it so I can move on. What kills me is I upgraded to CARB legal EFI to make it better but still have to fight because they don't have clear guidance on how to test it.

Tom H

PARTSMAN76

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #390 on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
I am so glad we do not have inspections here.
79 ANNIVERSARY T/A

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #391 on: September 09, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »

He never tested it, he stopped at the visual because he didn't know what to put for the heat rise tube since the EFI removes the complete air cleaner assembly and has an open air cleaner. When I called the referee to make an appointment they ran the plate and had nothing to reference for the test. So the next place either passes it or fails it so I can move on. What kills me is I upgraded to CARB legal EFI to make it better but still have to fight because they don't have clear guidance on how to test it.

Tom H

OMG dude seriously just find a lick-n-stick place and be done with it.

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #392 on: September 09, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
Post 1995 won't let you do that Decaff, at least around here in NC.  I would think everywhere is pretty much the same.  You are permitted one code, but that is it. 

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #393 on: September 09, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »
Finally! Got my windshield and back glass installed. He was supposed to do it yesterday but I wasn't quite ready. Two guys, very professional and did a nice quick job. They even attempted to do the mouldings but the clips I had were junk so I ordered new ones. The guy goes by my house often and said he will stop back and do the trim when I get the new clips. I got his name from my glass guy (who doesn't do car windows anymore), and small world, the guy lived 2 houses down from me when we were kids. He moved away when I was still very young and I didn't know him but he knew my older siblings. My dad built the house he lived in!
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #394 on: September 09, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
Move to glorious Alabama where all you have to do is have proof of insurance and throw money at them once a year for a tag sticker and they don't care in what shape your car is.

So, I'm contemplating just buying a used TH350 and have it installed by my brother and I.  Visited my father this past weekend for Labour Day and he's the manager of the service department at the dealership my brother also works at, and he said I could use the shop one Saturday to replace the transmission.  So it's just a matter of finding a good used transmission and a way of getting it there since it's about 25 miles away.  Brother has a '00 Durango 5.9 4x4, so have something to tow it just need a dolly or trailer.  I'd imagine should be able to get the borked one out and the hopefully not borked one in within a few hours having a lift and transmission jack.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #395 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
Well just had someone drop by and showed them the car, he took my name and number so I dunno. Most promising so far since he actually came to the door and wanted to look it over better. Apparently he has a friend with a shop so I guess we'll see.

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #396 on: September 09, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
Well I got past the visual but failed anyway, looks like the EGR is not working correctly and possibly the cat has an issue. This guy did exactly what I thought he should, answered the questions EFI (yes) carb (no) Cat (yes) smog pump (no) heat rise switch (no) check engine light (yes) MAP (yes) EGR (yes) Thermal switch (yes) Charcoal can (yes) O2 sensor (yes).............PASS!!!!! run the test FAIL!!! I happy I got this far.

Tom H

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #397 on: September 09, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
Today I... came home from work and saw this monster on my garage door!

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #398 on: September 09, 2015, 05:47:05 PM »
I would've set the front of the house on fire at that point.  I HATE bugs and especially spiders...  Oddly enough snakes and sharks don't phase me, go figure.  Well I take that back, some bugs I'm ok with like butterflies and moths and caterpillars.  Wooly aphids and inch worms make my day.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #399 on: September 09, 2015, 06:11:11 PM »
I would've set the front of the house on fire at that point.  I HATE bugs and especially spiders...  Oddly enough snakes and sharks don't phase me, go figure.  Well I take that back, some bugs I'm ok with like butterflies and moths and caterpillars.  Wooly aphids and inch worms make my day.

LMAO!!!!!  Now that made me laugh pretty hard!  We have something in common, Box.  Spiders are, bottom line, the thing I fear the most.  The doorknob in the background makes that monstrosity seem larger than it actually is, but.. still dam scary!

« Reply #399 on: September 09, 2015, 06:11:11 PM »
You can help support TAC!