Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 748170 times)

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Peace is but a shadow of death.
Re: Today I...
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2015, 07:05:10 PM »
I'll never understand it either, I honestly can't remember the last time I attended a social gathering that wasn't family oriented.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2015, 08:51:22 PM »
Should throw a housewarming party. :P

Steve B

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2015, 09:35:19 AM »
Yes, congrats.  We paid ours off in 2013.  Freed up money for the T/A!!  :lol:
Steve
1980 Trans Am, 400, TH400 auto

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »
LoL I haven't even been in my house for 1 year yet (very close, though!).  It's going to be awhile before I pay it off or sell it.....

So, Today I got up @ 5 am and ALMOST went right back to bed.  I was so tired that I almost felt drunk.  Weird.  Nope, had to get up and go to work.  Getting sick of doing that.  LoL but then again if I have more than 2 days off in a row, I don't know what to do with myself.
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

SMFS_Fear_Mii

• Active Forum Member
  • this is gonna be a few years
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »
well today i ummm worked and well slept lol
1979 Trans Am. 403 auto. but at least its numbers matching?
my build thread http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=60987.0

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2015, 07:01:33 PM »
Took some pics of the SE pin stripping.

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »
Pats looking good. Nice work.
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2015, 07:49:12 PM »
Pats looking good. Nice work.

Thank You, It's taking longer to put the se stripes on than it did to put the bird and ta decals on. I have the precut se strips but the pre mask is not holding up for they are 10 years old. So now we are doing the strips with a roll of 3m pin striping. Which seems to be very difficult.     

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »
White Special Edition, the anti-Bandit...  So it's a Sheriff...?  Hmm...

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2015, 07:41:59 AM »
Today I... got up and went to work.  Today is essentially a double shift. 

Can't wait for Saturday :-)  The woman and I will be on a boat sipping rum & coke and chowing down some good food.  LOL then I get to go right back to work on Sunday. 

This crap of having two jobs really sucks but it won't last forever.  Like Yeti said, I'm doing this now while I'm physically able to do it. 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »
At least you get to work, I'd maim or seriously injure to be able to work.

Ok-TA1977

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
Got a text from the older son that they don't want to sell the 1980 TA that's just sitting and deteriorating in the sun and rain.  :sad:
So sad to see... don't know whether or not to keep trying or give up..
1977 WIP-White on Black

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »
Got a text from the older son that they don't want to sell the 1980 TA that's just sitting and deteriorating in the sun and rain.  :sad:
So sad to see... don't know whether or not to keep trying or give up..
Would say if you were closer could just buy mine at least all it needs is the trans redone again...  Or just Ace Ventura it and use reverse all the time. :P

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2015, 01:36:00 PM »
Threw the bird back onto eBay, just don't have it in me to fix it even if I had a safe place to do it.  Doesn't look like a 4th gen will pan out either, so meh...  Not sure what I'll get.

Ok-TA1977

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »
1977 WIP-White on Black

« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
Nice felony hole. :P

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2015, 07:48:14 AM »
Today I...

Showed up to my (real) job with two arms out and one foot dragging.

Last night I...  almost blew up a battery on the charger.  I had the taste of acid in my mouth for several hours after that. 

Tonight I... am going to a nice relaxing dinner out with the woman.  Then I'm going to bed early lol.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
Got a nice package from Ames....... window hardware, parking brake, and a few misc. items. Now the fun begins :-D
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
Today I ... noticed my rear passenger tire was near flat

I checked it out after work and found a frikken 1-3/4" self tapping wood screw in the treads.  Even though it only took me 2 minutes to fix it, it's the whole concept of that I shouldn't have had to!

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »
installed new lug nuts
cleaned up my center caps
glued the emblems on the center cap

added more se strips (a slow process)

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2015, 08:10:11 PM »
Sorry if stupid question, but can you get that tailight striping in blue?
1977 HardTop T/A: 347 LSx Build,3.905" Wiseco 25cc dished pistons,forged rods, OE crank,BTR Stage 2 turbo cam, ARP Main+Head Studs,

1986 T-Top T/A:
Navy Blue Paint ,Grey/Black interior,140mph speedo,overhead console, LB9/Automatic, 2.77 Posi,  WS-6 suspension, All power options, UMI Wonderbar, UMI Rear LCAs, KYB Excel-Gs, Opened Formula hood,

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »

I don't know if you can get it pre cut from Phoenix Graphix, but 3m sells by the roll.   

77 TA man

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »

I don't know if you can get it pre cut from Phoenix Graphix, but 3m sells by the roll.   
Thanyou! I will eventually need to buy some blue striping to help accentuate my blue paintedtailights.
1977 HardTop T/A: 347 LSx Build,3.905" Wiseco 25cc dished pistons,forged rods, OE crank,BTR Stage 2 turbo cam, ARP Main+Head Studs,

1986 T-Top T/A:
Navy Blue Paint ,Grey/Black interior,140mph speedo,overhead console, LB9/Automatic, 2.77 Posi,  WS-6 suspension, All power options, UMI Wonderbar, UMI Rear LCAs, KYB Excel-Gs, Opened Formula hood,

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2015, 10:51:37 PM »
Car looks great Pat! 8)

droptopron

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »
installed new lug nuts
cleaned up my center caps
glued the emblems on the center cap

It makes all the difference in the world
Former 1979 TATA
Current 1970 442

Your Country guarantees your Freedom
Your Government operates to limit your Freedom

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »
26 watchers and almost 1,400 views with over a day and a half left, but still not the first person has contacted me...  I'm getting to the point of I don't know what to do anymore, I only have one more listing left.  If I could fix it I'd just do that, rebuild kits are dirt cheap or just another transmission is only a few hundred.  I just don't have anywhere to do it though and even if I did it'd take me forever to do it.  I'm seriously thinking about just not buying a car after this, my brother has plenty of spares that sit around and it's not like I do much driving anyway...

Pats TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »
  Thank You for all the great compliments. All that's left to do is door panels (upholstery shop should be finished with them by Thursday) . Rear seat shelf and head liner. Then I get to go to the DMV to get tags. That should be fun.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2015, 02:30:02 AM »
Wooo almost done!

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2015, 07:35:22 AM »
26 watchers and almost 1,400 views with over a day and a half left, but still not the first person has contacted me...  I'm getting to the point of I don't know what to do anymore, I only have one more listing left.  If I could fix it I'd just do that, rebuild kits are dirt cheap or just another transmission is only a few hundred.  I just don't have anywhere to do it though and even if I did it'd take me forever to do it.  I'm seriously thinking about just not buying a car after this, my brother has plenty of spares that sit around and it's not like I do much driving anyway...

I'm assuming you are talking about an Ebay auction?  You need to wait until the final few seconds.  People will bid snipe the crap out something if they want it that bad.  I've done that several times when money is no object and you REALLY want or need an item.

Now, Today I...  Went to work LOL! 

Yesterday I... got a letter in the mail saying my mortgage is going up because the county taxes increased.  BULLSH**!!!  I won't get into the many, MANY reasons I hate politicians, but I think at least one of them is clear now.

Ok-TA1977

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
Took the sub frame back out to cut out the passenger side floor pans, worse than the drivers side.
Took the rear window out of the TA lot of rust at the drivers side lower corner and in the rear deck.
Removed all the brake and fuel lines.
Removed the dash, heater core box and all that other stuff that's a pain in the butt.
Now just need someone to weld my new pans in, because my wire feed skills suck.
1977 WIP-White on Black

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2015, 02:15:04 AM »
I'm assuming you are talking about an Ebay auction?  You need to wait until the final few seconds.  People will bid snipe the crap out something if they want it that bad.  I've done that several times when money is no object and you REALLY want or need an item.

Yesterday I... got a letter in the mail saying my mortgage is going up because the county taxes increased.  BULLSH**!!!  I won't get into the many, MANY reasons I hate politicians, but I think at least one of them is clear now.
eBay yes, but it's a BIN with Best Offer.  Up to 31 watchers now with over 1,700 views but it ends here in a few hours.  That's the irritating part about it, why watch a BIN listing you're not interested in?  I don't know, just makes things even harder than what they already are.  When someone does end up buying it I'll have to keep myself from crying and when they leave with it I'll probably just fall onto the ground in tears.  I bought it under illusions of grandeur I'd get better and would be able to do all the work, that and I was under the assumption the driveline would be good to go so it'd be smaller stuff anyway.  Well we see how all of that turned out.  If I had money falling out of my orifices I'd just take it to a renowned restoration shop and have them do everything to make it exactly how I want it, but sadly that's not an option.  So meh...  Just to add insult to injury I can't find a decent fourth gen which was the one car I was wanting anyway.  At times I think life would be easier if I were like most of the population and couldn't tell the difference between a car and a refrigerator.

Also that sucks terribly.  Why I go with locked in rates, as I see it knowing my luck things will only get worse if at all possible.

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2015, 07:17:11 AM »
Also that sucks terribly.  Why I go with locked in rates, as I see it knowing my luck things will only get worse if at all possible.

If the reference is to DeCaff's mortgage increase...I don't think rates have anything to do with it.  It sounds like his property taxes increased and they escrow the annual taxes into the mortgage causing the monthly mortgage payment to increase to cover the addtional taxes.  The actual mortgage payment portion is the same.

Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »
He's right Decaff, the only thing that went up is the taxes and if you don't want your mortgage to go up you can pay the difference in one lump sum, but it'll just sit there until the taxes are due when you lender releases the funds.  You can look at it like this.  Increased taxes just means your house is worth a little more and that helps when it comes time to sell.

72projectbird

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2015, 09:50:06 AM »
I started disassembly of the 73.

70 Trans Am RAIII 4 Speed #'s matching
70 GTO 455
71 Trans Am LS Swapped
81 Trans Am Daytona

"Put the evidence in the car"

droptopron

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »

eBay yes, but it's a BIN with Best Offer.  Up to 31 watchers now with over 1,700 views but it ends here in a few hours.  That's the irritating part about it, why watch a BIN listing you're not interested in?  I don't know, just makes things even harder than what they already are.  When someone does end up buying it I'll have to keep myself from crying and when they leave with it I'll probably just fall onto the ground in tears.  I bought it under illusions of grandeur I'd get better and would be able to do all the work, that and I was under the assumption the driveline would be good to go so it'd be smaller stuff anyway.  Well we see how all of that turned out.  If I had money falling out of my orifices I'd just take it to a renowned restoration shop and have them do everything to make it exactly how I want it, but sadly that's not an option.  So meh...  Just to add insult to injury I can't find a decent fourth gen which was the one car I was wanting anyway.  At times I think life would be easier if I were like most of the population and couldn't tell the difference between a car and a refrigerator.

JMO but I think you are out of the money on it.  I don't see someone laying that out for that car with an inoperable transmission. 
Former 1979 TATA
Current 1970 442

Your Country guarantees your Freedom
Your Government operates to limit your Freedom

SMFS_Fear_Mii

• Active Forum Member
  • this is gonna be a few years
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »
I think you all seen what I did today
1979 Trans Am. 403 auto. but at least its numbers matching?
my build thread http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=60987.0

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »
JMO but I think you are out of the money on it.  I don't see someone laying that out for that car with an inoperable transmission.
A trans that's $200 off Craigslist, I could understand if it were a $1,000+ Muncie.  With as many watchers and views can't be too far off.  I don't know what to do, I have to be able to buy another car if I sell it and I'm incapable of fixing it because my life sucks and the universe decided I should be crippled by the time I was 23.  As usual I get screwed  on freaking cars, isn't the first time and it won't be the last.  The only car I bought that wasn't crap was the Celica from my uncle since he'd gone through it already and then the Miata I bought from an older lady that was only selling it since she moved to a condo with limited parking space.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #277 on: August 27, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »

If the reference is to DeCaff's mortgage increase...I don't think rates have anything to do with it.  It sounds like his property taxes increased and they escrow the annual taxes into the mortgage causing the monthly mortgage payment to increase to cover the addtional taxes.  The actual mortgage payment portion is the same.

That's 100% correct.  It had nothing do to with an increased rate of any kind.  It had to do with filthy rotten corrupt county officials trying to line their own pockets.

Casey

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2015, 02:52:26 AM »
Straight up what would everyone pay for my car?  At $3,500 OBO I had 31 watchers and right under 1,800 views but no one ever made any form of contact.  I only have one listing left so I need to know what to do.  I need to be able to buy a car after I sell it so I'm already nearing the point I can't afford to lose much more off of it.  I wish I could fix it, if I could I'd have done that a month ago but thanks to freaking fibromyalgia I physically just can't do it and there's nowhere safe to do the work here anyway.  It's why it took a month to figure out my rebuilt transmission wasn't wonky but just trashed, since I had to wait for my brother to get off work to redo the filter and pan etc...  There's an expired listing on eBay and one here so I won't bother plaguing this area with all the details, but surely I can't be that incredibly far off?  It's a complete solid car with a clear title and the motor alone is worth as much as the car is as a roller.  I should've never bought it, but I'm a giant idiot and thought with my heart instead of my mind and for whatever reason I thought I'd get better so I could handle anything that popped up.  Of course with the engine and transmission being rebuilt I was under the impression anything that happened would be small things, but no of course the one that rebuilt the trans had too many beers that day and screwed it up.  I'm sorry, I'm just so tired of everything.  I'm tired of feeling like I'm being steamrolled every day 24/7 and I'm tired of not being able to sleep, I'm tired of the fact at 23 my life is over.  It's just for once I'd like something to halfway work out.  Hell it's not like I need a car anyway, so I guess none of this even matters.

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2015, 06:37:28 AM »
...went thru the Chick-fil-a drive thru this morning for breakfast only to find out the car in front of me paid for my breakfast.   :D

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:41:04 AM by mrbandit »

« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2015, 06:37:28 AM »
You can help support TAC!