2020-B1-10

Author Topic: Today I...  (Read 837295 times)

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
Re: Today I...
« Reply #8680 on: April 03, 2020, 07:45:40 AM »
Difficult to stock fresh food for 2-3 weeks, so a weekly trip to store is needed.  To add insult to injury, it appears raccoons have decided to live in my chimney.  Exterminator will be back to trap them.  This is a strange situation.  DeCaff as time goes this thing will spread until a definitive method of dealing with it is found.  It’s a real thing, so don’t shrug it off.

I've yet to see a single sick person in my area.  A definitive method = the media shutting the Hell up!  I stand my ground that if all of the fake news networks would stop pushing their lies, this entire "pandemic" would cease to exist.

Oh and btw, this whole "social distancing" isn't a new concept to me.  I've been keeping my distance from the human race since I could walk. 
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

NOT A TA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8681 on: April 03, 2020, 08:36:17 AM »
To Hell with all of this nonsense going on.  I'm living my life no differently at all.

People with this attitude ^^^ are spreading the disease and killing their own parents and grandparents. Seems kinda selfish just to avoid inconveniences.

Do your relatives a favor and don't interact with them in person. It would suck to find out too late that you were the one who passed it to someone who died, and then live the rest of your life knowing it was you.
John Paige
Lab-14.com

scarebird

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Parts vender
      • Scarebird Classic Brakes
« Reply #8682 on: April 03, 2020, 12:06:49 PM »
..I stand my ground that if all of the fake news networks would stop pushing their lies, this entire "pandemic" would cease to exist.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8683 on: April 03, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »
To Hell with all of this nonsense going on.  I'm living my life no differently at all.

People with this attitude ^^^ are spreading the disease and killing their own parents and grandparents. Seems kinda selfish just to avoid inconveniences.

Do your relatives a favor and don't interact with them in person. It would suck to find out too late that you were the one who passed it to someone who died, and then live the rest of your life knowing it was you.

..I stand my ground that if all of the fake news networks would stop pushing their lies, this entire "pandemic" would cease to exist.

What... Just as a lot of people have the right to be scared, I have the right to be skeptic.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

Garry

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8684 on: April 03, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
I'm not on facebook right now because I can't live in fantasy land. What's going on is very real and if it doesn't stop there isn't going to be a car scene. We're going to have marshal law.

« Reply #8684 on: April 03, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8685 on: April 03, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »

What... Just as a lot of people have the right to be scared, I have the right to be skeptic.
You certainly do.  If as you say living your life no differently at all conforms to the guidance for social distancing as far as others are concerned, i.e. staying home and taking the recommended precautions by limiting contact with others, staying away from groups, keeping your distance from others, etc.  then no harm no foul.  However trying to convince others that the recommendations are useless and unnecessary does a great disservice to others so keep your skeptical opinions to yourself and follow the directives of the health and science professionals until this thing gets under control.  Thank you.
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

Garry

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8686 on: April 03, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
The people in charge aren't enforcing face masks because they don't have enough. They're prioritizing. You'd be pretty damned stupid to figure it any other way when you see everyone on the front lines wearing them.

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8687 on: April 03, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »

I've yet to see a single sick person in my area.  A definitive method = the media shutting the Hell up!  I stand my ground that if all of the fake news networks would stop pushing their lies, this entire "pandemic" would cease to exist.

Oh and btw, this whole "social distancing" isn't a new concept to me.  I've been keeping my distance from the human race since I could walk.

Dude... DeCaff, you've said a lot of ignorant sh** on this forum, but these statements take the cake. All of the precautions that are mentioned are not to protect YOU, they are to protect you from those who are vulnerable (Elderly and compromised health)! Those are extremely selfish statements and as much as you think the news is "Fake", there is 100% truth to what is happening. Countries and industries are grinding to a halt and people in my area are being laid off at alarming rates. Do yourself and others a favor... educate yourself before saying more ignorant things and try to convince others of it.

Then again, maybe you are just doing it for attention... If so, you got it man.

1976 Trans Am LS1, 6 speed, C5 Brakes, LS1 rear 12" brakes, and much more...SOLD
My Build: http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=24465.0

New project: 1968 Camaro LS6, T56, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE, Z51 13.4" front brakes, LS1 rear disks, etc.
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=74591.0

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8688 on: April 04, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
OK, so I'm not here defending the approach De Caff has regarding this, but I'm also not condemning him for it either. He is not alone in his thoughts and just because you read it in the main stream media does not make it the only true outcome or the one right way or even the best way to handle this or any situation.

eg. Sweden is not shutting down their economy over this and they have more Covid 19 incidence and deaths than Canada but only 1/3 of the population. Taiwan and Japan are also acting differently than most other countries by not shutting down everything. But this is not mentioned much or at all in the news. Rather all you hear is the "Shame on you if you do not comply narrative."

I know that the reported death rate of Covid 19 is much higher than the reported typical death rate of other versions of the Covid (flue) virus. But most likely these numbers are artificially high for one big reason. They are only testing people for the virus who are showing symptoms or likely have been exposed. There is absolutely a very large population who are carrying it without symptom (A symptomatic) or very mild symptoms that if tested would be positive and bring the Death rate way down and quite possible very nearly in line with all the Covid viruses. We don't normally test for the regular Covid strains so the death rate is pretty accurate, but singling out Covid 19 without testing everyone produces inaccurate results. I'm not sure why the media and more science professionals are not pointing this out, but it is a disservice to do so.

The lives saved by not exposing some to the virus must be balanced by the lives that will be lost for the consequence of an economic shut down. Both will be bad, but I'm not sure we have an accurate picture of which is going to be worse.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 01:12:34 PM by nas t eh »
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8689 on: April 04, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »
Today, I went to work after being off 2.5 weeks, not because of the plague but because it was built into my schedule. I was able to get the control arms rebuilt (upper & Lower), the spindles blasted and painted and was able to even order a few parts to finish that job off. Not much for people but anyone that is aware of my story over the last 20 years, that is a huge gain for me. Next on the list is to cut a coil off the springs and maybe try to reinstall the parts onto the subframe.

Pretty happy with myself, not gunna lie!!
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(19 years and counting but still have her)

« Reply #8689 on: April 04, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8690 on: April 04, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
I have to agree mostly with what NastEH has stated. I have been taking this thing very serious and have mostly abided by the rules. However I do think the media has blown things way out. From what I understand this is not an airborne and is transmitted directly through mucous membranes. If everyone wore a mask when out, wore gloves and stayed clean maybe we would be a bit safer and could carry on. Maybe the elderly who are more susceptible should be kept in. My business (I am a small home improvement contractor) has been completely shut down. Without a months worth of work I will be out of business. I am NOT allowed by law to seek business at this point, let alone go out and do it. At this point im hoping a. my family survives the flue b. my business will rebound when this is over so I can stay above water!
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

70_71_78

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8691 on: April 04, 2020, 04:54:39 PM »
OK, so I'm not here defending the approach De Caff has regarding this, but I'm also not condemning him for it either. He is not alone in his thoughts and just because you read it in the main stream media does not make it the only true outcome or the one right way or even the best way to handle this or any situation.

eg. Sweden is not shutting down their economy over this and they have more Covid 19 incidence and deaths than Canada but only 1/3 of the population. Taiwan and Japan are also acting differently than most other countries by not shutting down everything. But this is not mentioned much or at all in the news. Rather all you hear is the "Shame on you if you do not comply narrative."

I know that the reported death rate of Covid 19 is much higher than the reported typical death rate of other versions of the Covid (flue) virus. But most likely these numbers are artificially high for one big reason. They are only testing people for the virus who are showing symptoms or likely have been exposed. There is absolutely a very large population who are carrying it without symptom (A symptomatic) or very mild symptoms that if tested would be positive and bring the Death rate way down and quite possible very nearly in line with all the Covid viruses. We don't normally test for the regular Covid strains so the death rate is pretty accurate, but singling out Covid 19 without testing everyone produces inaccurate results. I'm not sure why the media and more science professionals are not pointing this out, but it is a disservice to do so.

The lives saved by not exposing some to the virus must be balanced by the lives that will be lost for the consequence of an economic shut down. Both will be bad, but I'm not sure we have an accurate picture of which is going to be worse.
I have to agree mostly with what NastEH has stated. I have been taking this thing very serious and have mostly abided by the rules. However I do think the media has blown things way out. From what I understand this is not an airborne and is transmitted directly through mucous membranes. If everyone wore a mask when out, wore gloves and stayed clean maybe we would be a bit safer and could carry on. Maybe the elderly who are more susceptible should be kept in. My business (I am a small home improvement contractor) has been completely shut down. Without a months worth of work I will be out of business. I am NOT allowed by law to seek business at this point, let alone go out and do it. At this point im hoping a. my family survives the flue b. my business will rebound when this is over so I can stay above water!
This is the position I have held since this has started, and have this to add.  Several points that the "media" are missing from this whole scene are; 1. Persons who already have the anti-bodies for the disease, indicating exposure and recovery, (there is no test for this yet). 2. Total number of exposed, tested positive and recovered without hospitalization, or 3.- total number of exposed and tested positive requiring hospitalization, (they may be available, but never pushed through the "media" that I have seen).  Given that there are only 3 stats commonly published - tested, positive test, and deaths, and nowhere is there population total given for the area that those numbers cover,(4th missing value). The total minimum, (in my opinion), measurements, or collected values, should be 7. That makes the "media" 3 for 7 or 3/7th's correct. For the percentage 3/7=0.428571429 X 100 = 42.86% correct! How can one properly evaluate anything without even reaching 50% of the needed information! And the part that should really make one think is that the answer is "keep your opinions to your self if you don't agree", should lead to asking "What are "they" trying to hide and why!" That, and the fact that many on the other side of the argument will then deflect to something else when put on the spot, leads me to believe that many truly lack the capacity to comprehend the facts or think through the situation beyond what they are told to think.  I think it would be wise as a society to have the discussion about who, World Wide, truly stand to benefit from causing a large portion of the US population to panic. I also think it would be wise to discuss how our education system has left so many citizens so susceptible to the slanted reporting by the mass media.

70_71_78

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8692 on: April 04, 2020, 04:59:22 PM »
Oh, and for a change of pace, although not auto related, I worked on building a custom home entertainment center today. I learned that using a fine finish sponge roller to apply satin black paint results in a way more uniform finish than a brush! (Woodworking was never really something I became proficient at.)

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #8693 on: April 04, 2020, 05:31:56 PM »

This is the position I have held since this has started, and have this to add.  Several points that the "media" are missing from this whole scene are; 1. Persons who already have the anti-bodies for the disease, indicating exposure and recovery, (there is no test for this yet). 2. Total number of exposed, tested positive and recovered without hospitalization, or 3.- total number of exposed and tested positive requiring hospitalization, (they may be available, but never pushed through the "media" that I have seen).  Given that there are only 3 stats commonly published - tested, positive test, and deaths, and nowhere is there population total given for the area that those numbers cover,(4th missing value). The total minimum, (in my opinion), measurements, or collected values, should be 7. That makes the "media" 3 for 7 or 3/7th's correct. For the percentage 3/7=0.428571429 X 100 = 42.86% correct! How can one properly evaluate anything without even reaching 50% of the needed information! And the part that should really make one think is that the answer is "keep your opinions to your self if you don't agree", should lead to asking "What are "they" trying to hide and why!" That, and the fact that many on the other side of the argument will then deflect to something else when put on the spot, leads me to believe that many truly lack the capacity to comprehend the facts or think through the situation beyond what they are told to think.  I think it would be wise as a society to have the discussion about who, World Wide, truly stand to benefit from causing a large portion of the US population to panic. I also think it would be wise to discuss how our education system has left so many citizens so susceptible to the slanted reporting by the mass media.

About 20% of all those tested are positive but the majority that are tested have symptoms. The current death rate is about 2.7% which is much higher than the flu as everyone in the past with flu symptoms was never tested but could very well had the flu.

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8694 on: April 05, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »
Some good and bad today. Wife decided today was the day to move the furniture and do a thorough cleaning, vaccum, dusting and mop the floors. She does this about once a month. She had the family room dusted, vacuumed and ready to mop. I decided to do the annual clean up of the back screened in porch. I do this at the beginning of spring, get all of the winter dirt off and clean things up pretty good. My son was helping and got the shop vac. He turned it on with the exhaust aimed directly into the family room AND forgot to put the filter in. Dust blew everywhere in the house. To say my wife was a bit upset is an understatement!!!!

Then, whilst trying to fix the carb on my 20yo pos lawnmower, which I have to repair just about everytime I use it, I get a phone call from my mother. She told me my brother has paid a landscaper to cut her lawn this summer and I can have her mower as she doesn't want it to sit and rot away. Its a zero clearance grasshopper, industrial quality. I was pretty happy about that.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

« Reply #8694 on: April 05, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »

2020-B1-8

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8695 on: April 05, 2020, 07:11:18 PM »
Some good and bad today. Wife decided today was the day to move the furniture and do a thorough cleaning, vaccum, dusting and mop the floors. She does this about once a month. She had the family room dusted, vacuumed and ready to mop. I decided to do the annual clean up of the back screened in porch. I do this at the beginning of spring, get all of the winter dirt off and clean things up pretty good. My son was helping and got the shop vac. He turned it on with the exhaust aimed directly into the family room AND forgot to put the filter in. Dust blew everywhere in the house. To say my wife was a bit upset is an understatement!!!!

Then, whilst trying to fix the carb on my 20yo pos lawnmower, which I have to repair just about everytime I use it, I get a phone call from my mother. She told me my brother has paid a landscaper to cut her lawn this summer and I can have her mower as she doesn't want it to sit and rot away. Its a zero clearance grasshopper, industrial quality. I was pretty happy about that.

Wow. Nice upgrade. 

Today I... spent the entire day trying to make sense of the gigantic mess in my garage.  Not sure if I made progress, or if I made it worse.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8696 on: April 06, 2020, 05:33:40 PM »
Kerry, you will love it. I have had a grasshopper for 8 years and I absolutely love it. I beat the heck out of it. I mow paths in my woods so I use it as a flail chopper and mow trees up to 1" with it. Yes, not the smartest but I have done it for years and it has held up well. It also mows amazing! Mine had a Twin Briggs which was a bit small for the huge 60" deck and finally gave out at 3000 hours.  I swapped in a brand new Honda and now I can mow full speed through 6" grass.

Anyways, grasshoppers are one tough machine.
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8697 on: April 06, 2020, 07:06:24 PM »
Ahhhh...relaxing to read about something other than the you know what crisis!!!

That's pretty good timing eh Kerry

oh, and good luck the next few days with the wife...I have to appologize as I found great humor at your expense but it sounds exactly like something I would totally do more than once!!
Charlie

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8698 on: April 07, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
Yea, it was kinda funny in a sick sort of way, when I turned on the vac and there was a steady blow of dust heading directly into the living room as she was just starting to mop. She didn't say a word, dropped the mop and calmly walked out of the front door. I had no idea if she was ever coming back! And to boot shes a redhead.  She did get over it fairly quickly.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8699 on: April 07, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »
Luke, I am pretty familiar with the mower as I have been cutting her yard for the last couple of years. She is in her mid 80's and would like to do it herself, but we all know how that kind of thing works out. Its actually too big of a machine for her 1/4 acre lot, and def. too big for my yard. I have 4 acres but mostly woods. But I will not look a gift horse in the mouth. Pop always bought what he thought was the best mower. He really had no hobbies because he literally worked 7 days a week. When he was semi retired he enjoyed his yard tractors. He bought a new top of the line cub cadet every other year just because. He bought the grasshopper about a year or so before he died.
Ironically, after battling with fuel issues all last year on my craftsman, I finally took the carb off, cleaned it, made sure the solenoid was working fine, and now it seems to be running great.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

« Reply #8699 on: April 07, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8700 on: April 09, 2020, 10:47:05 AM »
I needed a couple of sheets of plywood for a job. I did the online order from HD for home delivery. Figured it would be safer and easier that way. They gave me a next day delivery between 6am and 8 pm. I got a call at 7:45 that it would be rescheduled for the next day, they were too busy. So I am at day 2 now of waiting for material and honestly will be surprised if it shows up today. The website said that due to circumstances their regular delivery price of $45 was now $80!!
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8701 on: April 09, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »
Kerry, I think the delay is due to the size of the order. But I guess it's the new reality for now.
I stopped by HD to pick up few small items and they had me exit through the garden center which is at the opposite end of the store.

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8702 on: April 09, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »
Just got my delivery! Truck stopped on the road said he wasn't allowed to use my driveway but the order also said the product had to stay dry, just as the sky's let loose and its pouring down with rain! I told him I wouldn't tell if he backed up to my garage, lol. I was surprised that he actually did.
We went to HD the other day they had one entrance with markings at 6' intr. There mustve been about 100  people in the line. We didn't even get out of the truck. Went to Lowes and walked right in. Now the lowes is doing the same. They only let in a few people at a time. That is one reason why I opted for the delivery.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8703 on: April 09, 2020, 02:41:43 PM »
Kerry, I think the delay is due to the size of the order. But I guess it's the new reality for now.
I stopped by HD to pick up few small items and they had me exit through the garden center which is at the opposite end of the store.

Just got my delivery! Truck stopped on the road said he wasn't allowed to use my driveway but the order also said the product had to stay dry, just as the sky's let loose and its pouring down with rain! I told him I wouldn't tell if he backed up to my garage, lol. I was surprised that he actually did.
We went to HD the other day they had one entrance with markings at 6' intr. There mustve been about 100  people in the line. We didn't even get out of the truck. Went to Lowes and walked right in. Now the lowes is doing the same. They only let in a few people at a time. That is one reason why I opted for the delivery.

...and if people were told to get in cattle cars to be taken to Virus Protection Camps, most of you would rush to get in line.  Idiots.

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8704 on: April 09, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »

...and if people were told to get in cattle cars to be taken to Virus Protection Camps, most of you would rush to get in line.  Idiots.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you meant "most people" and not "you" are idiots...  But please do us all a favor, if you do catch it (I sincerely hope that you don't) please do not go to the hospital and ask to be treated. Some of us have family that work at the hospitals that either got infected or at a very high risk of getting infected (and bringing it home) helping people with your attitude that can't follow some basic rules.   

Regards, Jack

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8705 on: April 09, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you meant "most people" and not "you" are idiots...  But please do us all a favor, if you do catch it (I sincerely hope that you don't) please do not go to the hospital and ask to be treated. Some of us have family that work at the hospitals that either got infected or at a very high risk of getting infected (and bringing it home) helping people with your attitude that can't follow some basic rules.

Normally, I would just brush off any comment made in lieu of me posting my opinion.  In this particular case, please don't mistake what you call "attitude" for not blindly following the rest of society in this worldwide clusterF***.

That is all.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8706 on: April 10, 2020, 01:28:06 PM »
Im not computer smart enough to know how to paste a link, but I saw something on-
msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/Pontiac-aztek
Had a thing about an Aztek. I am one of those that thought these were amongst the ugliest cars made when they came out, right in line with the pacer. However this one looks pretty sweet. In comparison to todays cars its doesn't really look all that bad now. I suppose the design was that much ahead of its time.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Steve B

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8707 on: April 10, 2020, 01:35:46 PM »
We have a 2003 Aztek.  It is certainly not much on horsepower or looks, but it has nearly 190,000 miles on it now and still going.  We basically just use it to do some minor hauling if need be.
Steve
1980 Trans Am, 400, TH400 auto

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
  • I know what I believe.......do you?
« Reply #8708 on: April 10, 2020, 04:09:35 PM »
  In comparison to todays cars its doesn't really look all that bad now. I suppose the design was that much ahead of its time.

Is that the one thats been Trans Amified? I love how that looks. Ive been trying to say that the styling was ahead of time for a long time lol. We've got an 04 and absolutely loved the thing. Its got 206k and starts right up. Problem i have with it is that it needs the tranny rebuilt and I think the heater core may need replaced. Other than that its never needed any major repairs in those 206k. I so want to drop an LS4 in it. There are quite a few on the Aztek forum that did the 3800 supercharged swap and they are pretty quick rides now
91 Bright Red Trans AM GTA.........41,xxx original miles

"The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."

Reagan

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8709 on: April 10, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »
I’ll agree that the Aztek styling was ahead of it time.  Did not care for the looks when it was in production but I had one for a rental back then and boy was it a useful vehicle.  It’s stying is tame compared to vehicles these days and would fit in mainstream no problem.  It was too radical back when it was produced.
Steve D
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

« Reply #8709 on: April 10, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #8710 on: April 11, 2020, 12:23:43 AM »
I'm in the there is no reason the make them ugly and just because one car is ugly is no reason to make more types of Ugly. All the new ugly cars deserve the same short lived, low volume fate as the Aztek and most will get it.
current
73 T/A 4speed
past birds
75 T/A 455 4speed
75 T/A 400 4speed

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8711 on: April 11, 2020, 08:17:58 AM »
Bill, yes that was the one. I think it was an artistic rendering, said the lights and rear were redesigned a bit. It looked good enough to buy one and build a copy!
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

GTABill

• Oracle Forum Member
  • I know what I believe.......do you?
« Reply #8712 on: April 11, 2020, 02:23:12 PM »
Years ago there was the "Ultimate Aztek" floating around that had a similar wheel flare and rear set up. Only difference was it wasn't a rendering and was a one off being converted to rear wheel drive. Loved the styling on that one too. Especially the side exit exhaust.  There would have to be a lot of custom fabrication to get either result but just seeing those might make someone buy one for pennies and make their own hot rod.
91 Bright Red Trans AM GTA.........41,xxx original miles

"The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."

Reagan

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8713 on: April 14, 2020, 03:42:45 PM »
About 5 minutes ago, as I just sat down at my desk in the office to finish the day, I had logged onto py forum and heard water running/dripping very close. My 15 yo pug is nearing the end and has become a bit incontinent, and about twice a week he has 'an accident'. My first thought was that Theodore was letting it rip under my desk (as he likes to sit at my feet when im home). THEN much to my surprise I looked up and water was pouring out of the ceiling through the light fixture in our foyer. We have a bathroom directly above and my son just started his shower. I can only surmise the drain has failed somewhere, now its time to rip the ceiling apart and do some repairs. Not really looking forward to that.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8714 on: April 14, 2020, 04:50:46 PM »
About 5 minutes ago, as I just sat down at my desk in the office to finish the day, I had logged onto py forum and heard water running/dripping very close. My 15 yo pug is nearing the end and has become a bit incontinent, and about twice a week he has 'an accident'. My first thought was that Theodore was letting it rip under my desk (as he likes to sit at my feet when im home). THEN much to my surprise I looked up and water was pouring out of the ceiling through the light fixture in our foyer. We have a bathroom directly above and my son just started his shower. I can only surmise the drain has failed somewhere, now its time to rip the ceiling apart and do some repairs. Not really looking forward to that.

Actually, consider yourself lucky.  I have a ranch house.  If water was dripping from my ceiling, it would mean a much bigger problem.  Furthermore, I've had it happen twice in the 5 years I've been here.  Roof repair was never my forte.

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8715 on: April 14, 2020, 06:34:02 PM »
That's nothing, about 2 weeks ago the upper level toilet flooded AND at the same time the valve failed... what are the chances of both happening simultaneously? It flooded the floor and water ran all the way down to the basement. Fun times cleaning you know what... to add insult to injury, the shut off valve would not hold, but I managed to change the flush valve after clearing the clog.

Regards, Jack

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8716 on: April 14, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »
Yikes!
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8717 on: April 14, 2020, 09:41:44 PM »
Jeez now I don’t feel so bad about my pinhole leak at a fitting in the main water line coming into the house.  Noticed it on Saturday and managed to control it to a drip that I diverted into a bucket.  Filled the bucket every 6-8 hours.  Finally got a plumber to fix it last night.  No major floods just a nuisance.
Steve D
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8718 on: April 15, 2020, 06:37:51 AM »
Im a contractor so fixing is not a problem, just that fact that I have to do it. We had a similar leak in the family room a few years ago. Again I thought it was the tub drain. Tore the ceiling down, found the water but no leak. The supply tube to the vanity sink had a pin hole leak in the back side of the pipe, which sprayed against the wall and down into the ceiling. It had been leaking for quite a while and the ceiling finally gave when it was fully saturated.
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8719 on: April 15, 2020, 06:39:53 AM »
Not a fun job for anyone

hopefully you can get it resolved easily enough
Charlie

« Reply #8719 on: April 15, 2020, 06:39:53 AM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-4