2020-B2-3

Author Topic: What do you do for a living?  (Read 408 times)

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
What do you do for a living?
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:48:12 AM »
The "how old are you" thread got me thinking of an old thread that I started few years ago. I think it would be interesting to learn what people do for work (or done if retired) and how it helps with the car repair and restoration hobby. I'll go first:

I started out as an electrician at a very young age and switched to electrical engineering after getting a BS degree in EE. I still do electrical wiring work but only for family and friends. I've done a lot of side residential construction work and I enjoy carpentry the most. Obviously I enjoy working on cars and restoration work but that can get old quickly especially when I'm not really setup for large scale work. As far as how my work helps the hobby, I can figure out and resolve most electrical issues.   

Regards, Jack

DD78TA

• Active Forum Member
Re: What do you do for a living?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 06:07:11 AM »
I grew up on a farm in Nebraska. A real one. I got a BS in Agricultural Economics, and have worked 35 years in sales of agricultural chemicals (herbicides, etc.). The job moved me around the country in various roles. It has been very rewarding and I recommend the career path of Agriculture to young people. Relative to cars, I think growing up on the farm taught me how to fix things.   

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:22:55 AM »
I'm currently the IT infrastructure guy at the company and I do sales.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:25:04 AM »
Im a 4th generation master carpenter. Birthright, not choice LOL. I build period reproduction furniture as a hobby. I have a keen attention to detail which helps with car work. I dont know what the personality trait is called but I am a person that is happier getting hands on than analyzing things.

DD78, my family legend: my pop grew up on a dairy farm, my grandparents sold out on the east coast and moved to Nebraska in the early 1930's. The people they sold the MD farm to defaulted and my grandparents had to move back east as they could not afford 2 farms. I often wonder how my life would have been if not for that single circumstance  :?
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 06:48:28 AM »
I don't work on cars anymore but I used to work for a few different automotive businesses. 

-At the body and detail shop I worked at, we would service a whole bunch of dealerships in the Northern Chicago area.  Chevy, Ford, Kia, etc.  My favorite shop to work with was Chevy in Wheeling, IL because they are a Callaway dealership and sponsor for Corvette Nationals.  I was lucky to be able to drive many Corvettes from C3-C7 date range and many vehicles across the brands.

-After I left the auto detail/body business due to management change, I then worked as an apprentice at a luxury and high-end sports car dealership in Lake Zurich, IL called Midwest Motors.  Our line of cars pretty much boiled down to all the high-end used cars/trucks from all car brands.  Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc.  If we had American cars, it would only along the lines of ZR1, ZO6, GT500, etc. This business was fun but they ultimately just did not have work for me and I the mechanic I was working with really didn't want me there in the first place.
 https://www.middwestmotors.com/

-From the high-end shop, I then transferred to a "pro-touring" and restoration shop that specialized in older Italian vehicles.  Many of our cars were Sergio Pininfarina designed Fiats, Ferraris, etc.  This was a great experience as it paid more than the other jobs but the pay schedule was awful.  Good business but most of the time, our checks were late.  Another problem was us employees not getting materials we needed.  Things like brake cleaner or other basic necessary consumables were hard to get ahold of.  I don't want to completely bad mouth this business because of the hurdles we faced.   I did have a good experience here.  I got to be around some amazing people at this job and was able to learn and work on cars I had never heard of prior.
http://roadstersalon.com/

-During the end of my run at the Italian shop, I ended up hooking up with Dave from Pro-Touring F-Body.  I graduated from school and got an office job at this point but I ended up helping at the PTFB shop when it was in Illinois.  There I helped make things such as body mounts, subframe connectors, control arms, etc.  This was a fun experience helping at the shop and doing things but he ultimately moved the business to Tennessee.  I wish the business could've been more where were at here but I understand the move.
http://pro-touringf-body.com/

-This leads me to what I do now.............completely different!  In 2015, I got my bachelors degree in Accounting from Northeastern Illinois University.  I then started working for a company called CDW in Illinois.  We're a Fortune 500 company that specializes in supplying IT services and computer equipment to many industries throughout the country and internationally.  My current role is in Credit Services.  This is a great job with a lot of benefits that I never received while working in the automotive industry.  Through this company, I even received tuition assistance and educational discount to get a Masters Degree in Accounting in 2019.
https://www.cdw.com/

Alright, now you guys know about me haha! 

Jon

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 06:48:28 AM »

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 06:55:49 AM »
Jon, the thread is called what do you do for a living and not provide your resume lol. All kidding aside looks like you had a good car career run, and now doing what you like.

Regards, Jack

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 06:59:33 AM »
Mine story is not that interesting.  Started fixing lawnmowers and things at a early age, became one of the town fix it guys. Bought my first welder at 12 with the money from my repair business and my paper route. I was home schooled from 6th grade but went to college at 16. Got an Autibody and applied science associates degree and graduated at 18. Started working at a large family owned retail store where I became a product buyer in their main office. They ended up closing, I worked there for 23 years. I then moved to a hardware distributor and worked as an inside sales rep. I was there 3 years but then COVID came and I was laid off with a group. Now I am enjoying the summer with my family (best summer ever!). I may or may not get another job. My wife owns her own business (Financial Advisor) and does really well. We were on track to retire (early, I'm 42) in 5-6 years. We'll see what the future holds.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:20:39 AM by FormTA »
79 Trans am 301 (work in progress) LS swap n progress
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (Work in progress)
See the recurring theme???

Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 07:05:37 AM »
Jon, the thread is called what do you do for a living and not provide your resume lol. All kidding aside looks like you had a good car career run, and now doing what you like.

I didn't know how else to say it........OP said asked about what we do and how it helps the hobby  :lol:

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 07:10:45 AM »
Im a 4th generation master carpenter. Birthright, not choice LOL.

I think most of us end up doing what we do because of other circumstances and not by choice. Often I think to myself what if I stayed and worked as a a full time electrician. I still do it and the day seems to fly by so quick (so I know I'm happy doing it) but other times I remember being in a hot attic head first in between the rafters and eaves trying to pull wire while sweat and blood is dripping down my face from the roof nails hitting my head. But sitting in an office is no fun either... so who knows. 

Regards, Jack

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 07:18:58 AM »
I'm a chemical engineer.  It doesn't help much fixing cars, ha ha.  I've always loved them.  When I was in school, if you went to work for a car company, it was Detroit.  I wasn't willing to move there.  It's been fun.  Paid for everything my wife bought.

My perspective on cars is strange.  I grew up on an Appalachian farm, and I restored a 53 Chevy truck between the ages of 12 to 16; we converted it to 4 wheel drive.  I have no interest in horsepower, and I know it.  To me it's just hackneyed.  What I have learned is that people have all these nostalgic memories of what you do in town (especially in California) in a powerful car, or maybe they have this idea that they wish that was their memory.  I just never had that dream, nor the money.  On the plus side, I must say I am so happy that Pro Touring is a "thing".  Here in the mountains, it is so welcome.
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 07:18:58 AM »

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 07:27:56 AM »
Im a 4th generation master carpenter. Birthright, not choice LOL.

I think most of us end up doing what we do because of other circumstances and not by choice. Often I think to myself what if I stayed and worked as a a full time electrician. I still do it and the day seems to fly by so quick (so I know I'm happy doing it) but other times I remember being in a hot attic head first in between the rafters and eaves trying to pull wire while sweat and blood is dripping down my face from the roof nails hitting my head. But sitting in an office is no fun either... so who knows.

I think you are correct about circumstance.  I know I have had this happen with me in my life.  I tried to make it in the car industry but it was not what I expected.   I am grateful for getting my education as it allowed to me transfer to something that provides for me and my family.  I am not rich but at least me and my wife are able to live comfortably in our townhouse.  It's a small life but it's a life that works :)

TA78

• Active Forum Member
  • Agawam,Mass.
      • Pioneer Valley Firebird Association
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 07:38:15 AM »
Local smokey for past 32+ years, getting ready to call it a career. Not sure how it helps the hobby but always willing to help with the car knowledge I have.

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Radix Malorum Est Cupiditas.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 07:41:48 AM »
I probably shouldn't be posting this, as we are constantly "told" about putting anything about the job on social media sites (which is essentially what this is), but I'm past the point of caring.

I fix things for the DoD.  Mechanically, not politically.  The way the company has my job title worded would make people think I do something totally different, so that's what I tell people.

How does it relate to the car hobby?  Uhm... it doesn't.  It's just a paying job.  That's all.

Everyone knows about my stint with Auto Zone - but like jonathonar89 - I left that cesspool due to a very poor management change.  My current job isn't very far behind with that same mistake.  Great....
1976 T/A 400, 4-speed swap.... 

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

It's all trial and error until something lines up...

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 08:11:14 AM »
I have a degree in computer programming and one in networking.  I don't really do either anymore, but I am an Active Directory, Exchange (email), and SSO admin for one of the largest healthcare systems in NC.   That has no impact on my car ownership, but it does help me run TAC!

My entire immediate family are comprised of car enthusiasts, and I grew up on a steady diet of muscle cars and drag racing. 
1979 Firebird v6 3spd manual (they do exist)

hakitup

• Oracle Forum Member
  • What more do you need?
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 08:25:58 AM »
Retired ART, Air Reserve Technician, 35 years total with some active duty. And the end I was the Fabrication Flight Chief but before that I was an aircraft machinist/welder.

Tom H
"I don't know what you call it, I only know the sound it makes when it lies!!"

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 08:25:58 AM »

2020-B1-8

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »
I work for Cornell University in one of the accounting offices. My offices helps to financially manage the sponsored funding that comes from federal and non-federal grants.

1976 Trans Am LS1, 6 speed, C5 Brakes, LS1 rear 12" brakes, and much more...SOLD
My Build: http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=24465.0

New project: 1968 Camaro LS6, T56, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE, Z51 13.4" front brakes, LS1 rear disks, etc.
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=74591.0

pancho400cid

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Viva los PONCHOS!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »
I'm a mechanical engineer for a company that makes very large electric motors.

I was always mechanically inclined.  I love anything mechanical.  I wonder sometimes if I should have pursued a more hands-on path... but it may just be "grass is greener" wondering.  I do have deep admiration the "real" car crafters on this site and elsewhere.

As far as helping the hobby, I guess my career has given me a good understanding of mechanical stuff, and I make enough to pay for some hobbies.  My T/A has been on hold for a couple of years, but I'm starting to itch to get back after it.
1978 Trans Am - Chesterfield Brown - current project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - SOLD!

76 - 455 - 4

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »
I am a structural engineer. Design mostly Hospitals and Schools. Does not really relate to the car hobby, other than allowing enough 'discretionary funds' to own some cool old cars!
Owned my own (one man) body shop back in the day to get me through college. One I got a real job, had almost no time for bodywork. Have to hire a friend for that now. :(
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
1968 400 convertible (Scarlet)
1976 T/A - 455 SE (No Burt)
1968 400 coupe - R/A clone (Blue Pearl) (for sale)
1968 350 - 4 speed 'vert - 400 clone (the Beast!)
1968 350 convertible - Wife's car now- 400 clone
2008 GP GXP - New one from NH is AWESOME!
1980 T/A SE Bandit - Sold :(

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2020, 12:25:03 PM »
I have a degree in computer programming and one in networking.  I don't really do either anymore, but I am an Active Directory, Exchange (email), and SSO admin for one of the largest healthcare systems in NC.   That has no impact on my car ownership, but it does help me run TAC!

My entire immediate family are comprised of car enthusiasts, and I grew up on a steady diet of muscle cars and drag racing.

You sir, have my dream job.  I'm very familiar with AD, Exchange, and I have experience with SSO.  At one point I was READY to switch careers and do nothing but IT.  Honestly, I don't even give 2 craps about computers.  It just felt good to know all the answers (and be able to solve the problem) when a customer had an issue. 

Well, I got completely screwed out of that when I couldn't afford the CompTIA Exam Fee.

Check out my resto thread:  http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48626.0

72projectbird

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 12:35:27 PM »

I fix things for the DoD.  Mechanically, not politically.  The way the company has my job title worded would make people think I do something totally different, so that's what I tell people.

I did that for a little while.
70 Trans Am RAIII 4 Speed #'s matching
70 GTO 455
71 Trans Am LS Swapped
81 Trans Am Daytona

"Put the evidence in the car"

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 12:35:27 PM »

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
      • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »

You sir, have my dream job.  I'm very familiar with AD, Exchange, and I have experience with SSO.  At one point I was READY to switch careers and do nothing but IT.  Honestly, I don't even give 2 craps about computers.  It just felt good to know all the answers (and be able to solve the problem) when a customer had an issue. 

Well, I got completely screwed out of that when I couldn't afford the CompTIA Exam Fee.

Other then the degrees I don't hold any certifications.  I do have over 25 years of experience doing my job.  I started out working on desktops and supporting 30 users.  I've been blessed and moved up in my role and responsibilities thru the years.  I've stayed in the healthcare and banking industries, and that has been a good choice in my opinion.  Now I am in a team of 12 that supports 55k users.

If you have the knowledge then you just need to get in the door.  If there is one thing I've found in this industry.  If you make yourself available, and accountable; they will consider you dependable, and treat you the way you deserve to be treated.  My career has afforded me to provide for my wife and my 8 children, and I will never complain about that! 
1979 Firebird v6 3spd manual (they do exist)

Rickard080TA

• Active Forum Member
  • 1980 TA SE
      • 1980 TRANS AM SE
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »
I shall add to this fun page. After graduating high school I joined the Army. I was a M1 Tanker (19k). Did 10.5 years total. I been into computers since the Commodore Vic 20 and taught myself Basic programming from library books. So when I was very young I knew I would be working with computers. Fast forward many years, I am now a Senior Network Engineer for a world wide company, primarily Data Center stuff.
Drive it like it's a rental.

nigel

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »
Self employed electrician, have been for the last 35 years that's about it really, my father used to race in the Isle of man TT many years ago so grew up with fuel in my veins, what he didn't know about engines was'ant worth knowing. Died in August 2013 and still miss him wish he was around to see my trans am that would have brought a smile to his face.

5th T/A

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »
I started my first real job the day I turned 16 at a local transmission shop. Through a program called work study I would go to high school classes in the morning and work afternoons at the transmission shop. I got straight A’s in auto shop, thought I knew something about cars until my first day at work. One of the owners was an excellent teacher and gave me a priceless education. Once I graduated high school I worked there full time. Soon I was doing a lot of bench work on automatics and had a couple guys who would do much of the transmission R&R. I even had the distinction of working one day at Mr Norms Grand Spaulding Dodge.

While I have always loved working on cars, my best friend got me in to the computer industry. In 1976 I got a degree in Computer technology at Control Data Institute. The industry was starting to explode, had a job one month before graduating. I went to work at Data General working in the repair depot, doing component level repair of CPU’s, core memories, disk and tape controllers. Eventually became a field engineer, tech support engineer, product specialist and even a manager for a while. I always enjoyed hands on repair and especially working in the field. Data General was a pioneer in disk arrays and was acquired by EMC in 1999. More recently Dell acquired EMC in 2016. For the last 15 years I worked for a third party maintenance company along with many former DG and EMC employees. The company grew from 19 employees when I started to over 1500 when I retired in 2018. I serviced all kinds of hardware but mostly specializing in large disk arrays.

While I love cars, I have always had an interest in anything mechanical or electrical. I love tinkering and I’m the type of person who would much rather do something myself rather than pay someone else. Not just for financial reasons, but because I think I will do a better job.
1980 T/A 4.9 Non turbo

Gone but not forgotten;
1973 T/A 455
1975 T/A 400
1978 T/A W72
1982 T/A cross fire injected

Two wheel toys;
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Limited
2013 Honda CB1100
2010 Yamaha Vmax
1982 Yamaha Seca 750

Dinosaur Mafia

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »
also work for the DoD, doesnt help with anything but pay for bills

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »
I probably shouldn't be posting this, as we are constantly "told" about putting anything about the job on social media sites (which is essentially what this is), but I'm past the point of caring.

I just got told 5 people are being let go from our company for stuff they have on the internet.

I'm a Production Supervisor, have worked for the same company for 38yrs.

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »
I'm a middle school band director and have been for the last 21 years.  My undergraduate degree was in Music Education and I have a Master's degree in Trumpet Performance. I love what I do, even though it is a physically draining profession...there's always something to prepare for, which means long hours. I play in the city Wind Symphony and also play in a Big Band Jazz group when not encumbered by a pandemic.

My Stepfather was a Mechanical Engineer who worked for the gas company, overseeing the gas turbines. He got me started working on cars. All I did for a long time was fetch tools and hold the light as he worked. I always have been a car nut and was eager to learn how to work on them. Eventually he started to let me do the majority work until I was doing the repairs on my own. He always worked slowly but refused to do sloppy work (back yard hackery as he called it), which I in turn practice. He's been there with me through pulling engines and transmissions and even helped out when I LS swapped my Monte SS.
 I'd love to have a garage large enough for several cars and a lift...wishful thinking.
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »

I just got told 5 people are being let go from our company for stuff they have on the internet.

Not sure they can do that but I'm sure they'll find other legal reasons. Anyways nothing wrong with saying I work for DoD, etc. Not violating any NDA's.

Regards, Jack

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2020, 10:27:32 PM »

Not sure they can do that but I'm sure they'll find other legal reasons. Anyways nothing wrong with saying I work for DoD, etc. Not violating any NDA's.

Try saying “All lives matter” or you agree with Donald Trumps “immigration policy” and include where you work and who you are in your profile. Then wait to see if someone shares that, out of context of course, with your company’s HR dept.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:37:43 PM by nas t eh »

DeCaff2007

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 06:26:06 AM »

Try saying “All lives matter” or you agree with Donald Trumps “immigration policy” and include where you work and who you are in your profile. Then wait to see if someone shares that, out of context of course, with your company’s HR dept.

Or, just stay the Hell off of FaceBook. 

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 06:26:06 AM »

TA78

• Active Forum Member
  • Agawam,Mass.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2020, 06:52:33 AM »
I shall add to this fun page. After graduating high school I joined the Army. I was a M1 Tanker (19k). Did 10.5 years total.

Gotta love a tread head with a TA. I was a 19D for 10yrs(6-active,4 NG) 3d ACR at Bliss, 4/8 INF Germany then the Mass NG.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2020, 06:57:38 AM »
Hate to sidetrack, but any of you Army guys spend time at Aberdeen PG ?
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

NY81TTASE

• Active Forum Member
  • '81 turbo trans am SE
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2020, 07:59:31 AM »
I'm a field tech (I hate that phrase) for a major phone company. It helps me with my car hobby by keeping my phone working so I can contact others to help me fix my car
1981 turbo trans am se

gm muscle

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Down but not out!
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2020, 08:01:53 AM »

Gotta love a tread head with a TA. I was a 19D for 10yrs(6-active,4 NG) 3d ACR at Bliss, 4/8 INF Germany then the Mass NG.

Ft. Bliss, El Paso Tx?
1977 Trans Am stroked 400 (468)
1989 Iroc-Z28 5.7 TPI 90K original miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS LS 2/4L65e
1997 Silverado 5.7 Z71 Single Cab, Short box (daily driver)

nas t eh

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »

X2

TA78

• Active Forum Member
  • Agawam,Mass.
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2020, 11:23:17 AM »

Ft. Bliss, El Paso Tx?

Yes, E Troop 2/3 83-87

ih8z28s

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2020, 07:34:10 PM »
Worked for one of the major RV companies for 19 years as a Product Designer, basically created 3D models of the entire motohome.  Got laid off along with about 80 other salaried folk because of the Covid. Right now just enjoying the time off and working to get my 80 TA back together.  I had just got it back from a 2 year stint in paint jail 4 days before I was let go.  My wife said "I know where all your time is going to be spent for awhile"  Trying to decide if I want to try and find another engineering job or maybe try and use the Finance degree I got a few years ago or maybe something else?
"Gonna need a fast car to run blocker"
"fast car"
"faster then that"

Blue 1980 T/A 400 auto

squirrel

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2020, 08:24:16 PM »
Sales and management in Corporate America for a long time which set me up to open a classic car dealership focusing on second gen. TA's and such.  Started the business around 5 years ago and doing just fine and enjoy most aspects of the grind. 

http://www.cincyclassiccars.com/
Dan from Cincinnati Ohio

1978 TA W72/WS6 Brown/Black
1974 GTO Pinemist Green

Dinosaur Mafia

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2020, 09:19:45 PM »

facebook has its usefulness for organizing local get togethers or making it your phone book

getting personal/political on FB can have its draw backs...

SpankinElroy

• Active Forum Member
  • Don't take life too seriously...it's not permanent
« Reply #39 on: Today at 02:11:49 AM »
Does it matter? Every single thread will eventually get taken over by 'DeCaff' and his 'Oh woe is me, I got screwed and everyone is stupid except for me'  Pathetic to say the least. Get a site with valuable contributions and wipe out whiny little bitches and perhaps you'll have something.

1976 Trans Am - 400/4-speed/4.11

« Reply #39 on: Today at 02:11:49 AM »
You can help support TAC!

2020-B1-4