Author Topic: Help with shipping to South Africa  (Read 29 times)

DeVilliers

• Active Forum Member
Help with shipping to South Africa
« on: Today at 02:34:31 AM »
Good day all,

I'm hoping that there will be a member willing or able to assist me.
I need to order so parts from Rock Auto, GM, Fbody warehouse and NPD.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get everything I'm looking for in one place, so now I want to send everything to one spot in the US and then it can be sent as one package with FedEx to me here is South Africa. This will save me hundreds in shipping cost. I use to do this through an SA company but they closed down, so now I'm looking for someone in the US.

Is there a member on here that is willing to assist me and to let me use them as a middle man? or who can put me in touch with a company that can assist?

It's a once off.

Regards,

1979 Trans Am

Nexus

• Active Forum Member
Re: Help with shipping to South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:35:00 AM »
This may or may not help but if you can't find anyone in the US, i'd be willing to help out from the Canadian side of the border
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(18 years and counting but still have her)

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:34:42 AM »
This sounds like the CL scam emails - I know it's not, sorry could not resist.

Anyways provide more detail please and someone will help. are you requesting that someone in the USA accepts the parts (i.e., you will ship to their house/business) and that person packages everything and send it to you? How big are the items? Large fenders and such or smaller dash pieces, etc. I'm assuming you will take care of all payments and that the person is not paying get reimbursed, etc.

Regards, Jack

DeVilliers

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:51:03 AM »
This sounds like the CL scam emails - I know it's not, sorry could not resist.

Anyways provide more detail please and someone will help. are you requesting that someone in the USA accepts the parts (i.e., you will ship to their house/business) and that person packages everything and send it to you? How big are the items? Large fenders and such or smaller dash pieces, etc. I'm assuming you will take care of all payments and that the person is not paying get reimbursed, etc.

I hear you. Not a scam, but I can understand if people are reluctant, and that is perfectly reasonable.

I'm specifically looking at a blower motor, window sweeps, and hood/scoop rubber. Perhaps one or two other small parts. The window sweeps are probably the biggest of the lot.

I will take care of all the cost from my side. As you said I just need help with accepting parts, packing it and getting it shipped with FedEx. I've not yet worked out if it's possible for me to pay FedEx directly, or how we can do it, but I don't want the person who assists to be out of pocket.
1979 Trans Am

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:08:58 AM »
I may be willing to help if you/we can figure the details. I agree with Jack regarding scam, however I have been following your restoration thread for awhile now and this would have to be a well thought out long term scam to make a few bucks, LOL. I accept credit cards for my business as they may help in transferring funds back and forth. Just a thought. You can email direct if you want to elaborate.
kerry
morgandane@zoominternet.net
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star