Author Topic: 1975 Firebird Formula Restoration.  (Read 53819 times)

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
1975 Firebird Formula Restoration.
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »
So… I have been collecting parts for years, about 15 now.  I have enough sheet metal to almost build a Firebird, and a rolling ’75 TA shell to use for more sheet metal as needed.  With that said, I have been anxious to start the restoration of my ’75 for years, but have lacked to tools, equipment and a number of other excuses.  Last year, purchased a welder and air compressor , which were the biggest hurdles.   And I used my ’01 Caddy as a test bed for welding and painting.  The quarters were rotted, along with a good amount of the lower door edges.   That project took most of the summer, but was a success.   I think it’s time to do more than think about restoring the ’75… it’s time to do it.

All dreams start someplace.  Mine starts here.
This is my 1975 Firebird Formula 350, 4 bbl, 4 speed Norwood car.  To my knowledge, all numbers matching.  My father purchased it in 1977 for $2000, and I purchased it from him in 2000 for $500, the price he was supposed to sell it for when he bought his new ’87 TA, but for one reason or another did not.  I grew up knowing the car, most of the time in the garage with most of the interior out, and I referred to it as the bare bones car.  Needless to say, I have known the car my entire life.  I know full well going into it, this will not be an easy project.  It does have rust … LOTS of it.  But it does have that sentimental value, and it is a real odd duck option wise.  No console, no defrost of any sort, no AC, no power windows or locks, standard interior, Formula Wheel, 4 speed manual, clear no tint windows, and it has the spoiler.  I am in no rush, nor do I have a large wad of cash, so this will take years.  I can honestly count on one hand the number of complete, driving ’75 Formulas I have seen in person, and never have I seen one optioned like mine by way of Ebay or in person.  Also, It seems any time I hear of a ’75 Formula, its being stripped, converted to a TA clone, or crushed.   With all those factors, I want this one will be back on the road come hell or high water.

My plan is, and has always been to restore it back to mostly original factory looking state.  The ’75 Pontiac 350 was without a doubt , not a powerhouse, but I am OK with that, so for now, My goal is to keep it mostly original, possibly a few minor upgrades.  Body wise, again, mostly stock look.  And finally, I am shooting for the Interior to look bone stock.

For the moment, I think I am going to start by restoring the front frame first, then move to the body, then finally do the engine.  The thought being that the frame is a huge space hog, and with the rolling shell I have two.  If I can get it done, I know I don’t need an extra, and I can put casters on the back and roll it out of the way when needed.  I only have a 2 car garage, so space is a premium.

Let’s see where this journey takes me.  I will start out early by saying thanks for your support, thoughts, and comments on the way.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:50:50 PM by mz-formula »

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
Re: 1975 Firebird Formula Restoration.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:35 PM »
Awesome project!! Let's get started :)

Rodent

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:17:40 PM »
Awsome, I like that thing! My wife had a 76 camaro inline 6, 3 on the floor,radio delete and hub caps. She hated that car as evidenced by the kicked in hub caps that appeared to wobble going down the road. But looking back I wish we still had it. It was the true definition of a stripper.
Wapella IL.

72blackbird

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »
mz,
I have a very rough, 75 Formula 400 4-speed. I'm looking forward to your rebuild- working on a 76 TA restomod right now, so I won't be able to tear into the 75 Formula until the 76 TA is done.

Geno
1977 SE T/A (sold :( )
1974 455 T/A (sold :( )
1972 Esprit restomod
1976 T/A restomod
1975 Formula 400 4-speed donor car
1978 Martinique blue W72 4-speed T/A, hurst tops

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 07:01:02 AM »
I always love seeing the '74 '75 and '76 Birds and TAs getting saved.   Its kind of a lost group, and under appreciated in my bias opinion lol.

Anyway... looking at getting into it soon... this was more or less my personal commitment post.  My son is 5 now, so he can help and learn a lot at this point.  The frame doesn't have a lot to it parts wise, so I can get some quick, inexpensive good progress done.  I am out of excuses...  time to take action. 

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 07:01:02 AM »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »
The weather was nice ... So.. I figured its time to get the party started!

Ohio Welcomes you...

Pulling the back bumper is more or less a space thing.  I don't plan to get back there for quite a while, but I have a nice one, so with it off I can get the car 6 or so more inches back, and I can put it on craigslist and get it out of the garage.   The front bumper will meet the same fate with the exception of the guards, which I will keep.

After years of procrastination.  Its started!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:42:14 PM by mz-formula »

coolboy76

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 05:10:27 PM »
Great project and love seeing the involvement of kids working on these cars!  I can feel your pain in the rust department, since I am from Pennsylvania and my 76 trans am had a good amount of rust as well, if not more  :lol:.  Looking forward to seeing more progress and good luck!

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
Logan and I went for a bike ride, and when we got back, he wanted to take a couple more parts off.  It was time to head in and start getting ready for bed, but how could I say no. So... Off go the crash bars and nose braces.

As a side note... Kinda funny to me that I grew up calling this the bare bones car, with bare bones disease because I had known it most of my life with minimal interior, and he calls it Lightning McQueen and the rolling silver parts shell Mater.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:44:13 PM by mz-formula »

75Fire

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »
I'd keep the bumpers as spares  :cool:
Fire or Keith

“If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything.”
-Mark Twain

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48210.msg496744#msg496744

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=8200.0

leonpiper69

• Active Forum Member
  • Levittown PA
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »
I'd keep the bumpers as spares  :cool:

Or if the rear isn't cracked, sell it to me cheap  :D

My son is just over 3 and I plan on him helping as much as he can.
74 firebird

72blackbird

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 01:23:55 AM »
mz,
You're lucky you still have the original Formula steering wheel- the PO put a crappy Grant GT steering wheel on mine. I think my 75 Formula also had a center console, since the brackets for it are in place and the carpet is cut out there. But I do like the simple and plain look of a 4- speed with no console.

Geno
1977 SE T/A (sold :( )
1974 455 T/A (sold :( )
1972 Esprit restomod
1976 T/A restomod
1975 Formula 400 4-speed donor car
1978 Martinique blue W72 4-speed T/A, hurst tops

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 04:35:04 AM »
The rear bumper is good in the center, but the ends where the small studs are (were) is split pretty bad and would require some work to rebuild the ends and put in some studs.   The front it not terrible, but like the rear, I have an almost perfect one.   As much as I would love to store some of the parts,  I only have a 2 car garage with almost 3 cars in it,  So I need to shed the stuff I don't really need.

Steering wheel wise, I have the original, Which had a stressed spoke when I started driving it, and being young and stupid, I used the wheel to push the car and it broke.  So, this is a newer steel one (NOT REPO), near perfect I picked up at a swap meet, that I would love to trade at some point for the correct Aluminum one.

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 07:00:36 PM »
More progress!

Only 2 nuts and 1 bolt was holding the bumper on.... Safe lol.

The frequently missing 4 foot carriage bolt can be seen here, spanning between the frame horns, for reasons I cant figure out.   Took some work to find one.

This Fender is TOAST!!!

Bonus cowl drainage....

So there's, where we sit for today.  A front bumper, shot fender, and fair inner fender added to the for sale parts pile..

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:17:12 PM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 04:19:19 PM »

]

This side looks more solid than the other... I am a happy guy.

I put a couple ads in Craigslist, for the parts I removed, and was quite thrilled then a guy wanted everything I have taken off so far and wanted to sell, with the exception of the front bumper.  The hood, splash pan, and fascia have a safe home with me for now.  He has a '74 that has a '73 nose on it, and he is in the process of converting it back.  So, he got a few good pictures of how it goes together, and he ended up with some brackets he was missing too.  It went well for all parties.  I have less parts in my garage and he has parts he needed.

It was a good day for the mid second gens here.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:18:05 PM by mz-formula »

MNBob

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »
Nice car; I love the formulas with the dual hood scoops!  And a 4 speed!

Like most, it just needs some attention and it looks like it has found a good owner.
1979 TATA Extreme TKO .64
Hedman elite; Pypes 2.5; Borla XS; MSD 6A; Edelbrock intake; open scoop; modified Q-jet; Powermaster 150; 4 core radiator/Mark VIII fan; RobbMc mini starter; subframe connectors; solid body mounts; fiberglass rear springs; poly sway bar and link bushings; 81 master; D52’s; Blazer disks; 225/60 & 235/60 17's TrueContact's; relays for PW, PDL, lights; keyless entry

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »
I love driving it no matter what it looks like.  Its just a blast to me.  So it was hard for me to park it knowing it would be years before it sees the road again.  But before it has unreversable damage it is what needs to be done to preserve it.

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 07:13:31 PM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:04:57 PM by mz-formula »

TATurbo

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Congrats on getting started, it's definitely a good feeling to finally get started on bringing an old 'friend' like this back from the brink. I' like all the Formula's a lot, yours is very cool.  I had a 1996 Formula WS6 with a 6spd and T-Tops....Not the same, but you get the idea....  Although TA's are my first love, how can you not like  the somewhat less busy look of the Formulas?

I'll be following along as I work an my multi-year 1981 TA rebuild. Similar situation as you...not much space and no big sum of cash stacked away for hobbies.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:38:05 PM by TATurbo »
Tom
King of Prussia, PA

1981 Turbo Trans-Am
Build thread - http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=69897.0

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »

Feels like a HUGE step forward today.  The radiator support is off.  It is not in terrible shape, so it is soon to join the craigslist pile.   I sure hope I can find the Engine info decal for the top of the support.  I am gong to take a bunch of pics of it, in the event I need to have it made,  and try to strip it off with a razor.  But unfortunately, the sources I have seen for these decals skip right over '75.  So, if anyone stumbles on a '75 350 / 400 engine info decal, please let me know.   I am interested!

In another thought... I need to figure out how to get the engine out soon.  Going to need to borrow a cherry picker from a friend
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:05:37 PM by mz-formula »

75Fire

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
I've seen them for a 4-sp before.....look at the part # on the decal.
Fire or Keith

“If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything.”
-Mark Twain

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=48210.msg496744#msg496744

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=8200.0

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 06:38:35 AM »

Kinda funny.  I build this model back in college, so it was '03 or there abouts.

I will give that label a good look and see what numbers I can find.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:52:45 PM by mz-formula »

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
MZ, when I first looked thru your thread I thought this has to be the youngest member on here. He must have his dad taking pics while he works on his car! :-D Progress is coming along nicely.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 08:05:16 AM »
LoL    Have to start them young.   I am 32, so I doubt the youngest....  but .. that is me in the blue pinto pedal car, and the Formula in the background.

Interesting find in regards with the emission decal,  I never really noticed before, but it is for a '75 350 / 400, but it says Automatic on there.  I do know it was hit early in its life on the drivers front corner.  Not really bad, but I wonder if the support needed to be replaced, and if it came out of a '75 donor car with an auto.  I will see my dad later today and ask him if he remembers that or any other info from that time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:19:25 PM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
I spent a few hours today picking away at things here and there.  Nothing picture worthy.  The Engine is almost completely disconnected.  Just the exhaust and Z bar to go, and I have a hoist lined up for next week, so that is about ready to yoink.  Most of my time was spent pulling the suspension apart on the passenger side, Which is proving to be tough without the tools lol.   I managed to pop the upper ball joint, but the bottom wont budge.   I guess I need to go rent a pickle fork and stop farting around.   Also, for the odd file (possibly), the nuts for the upper A frame bushings are welded onto the shaft.  So...  I guess that's on the replace list too.

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 08:42:46 PM »
Ran out and rented a Pickle Fork at AutoZone ... Needless to say... Progress!!!

The driver side upper control arm is more or less stuck on at the moment.  Just not enough room with the engine and steering shaft. So... It can wait till I pull the engine out.

just a reference shot.  Apparently the tie rod setup changed mid '75, So ... This is what I had.

Logan was helping me clean up at the end of the day.  He was not happy with how dirty the steering box was lol.

I have an Engine Hoist lined up to borrow next week, and the only things left connecting the engine to the car is the exhaust, mounts, and the Z bar.   With any luck ... On the stand it goes next week.   :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:21:09 PM by mz-formula »

Mr. T/A

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »
My little guy wasn't much bigger "8" when I started and he turned 20 a couple weeks ago.  Time to get mine finished.  Hopefully you get it finished before he turns 16.
Cruzin' in the Great White North!

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 08:01:27 PM »
This strange thing is happening ... As I take apart the car, I am gaining space.  At this point, I have sold the front and rear bumpers, the core support, the fenders, inner fenders, and the fan shroud.  All of which with the exception of the shroud, I have rock solid replacements for.   Its been kind of fun with the folks that have come by hearing about the cars they are working on.  The first guy was making his '74 look like a '74 again.  The couple today  The guy has a '75 Camaro, and the wife has a '75 Trans Am they are building together.  Her shock in seeing 2 '75s in one garage, and knowing how rare they are was pretty cool, and she ended up with a couple other parts she needed too.

No progress on the car other than spraying bolt buster on the sway bar bolts, but it was a good day.

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2015, 09:09:20 PM »
A bit of work today.

The engine is just held in place now by the motor mounts.

So, as long as everything goes as planned, The engine will be out Wednesday.

I am quite pleased with how the RAM clutch held up.  The wear all looks good on all the parts.  And... I think its safe to say my rear main seal has a leak lol.

When I put in the solid pilot years ago, I was quite worried about how the hell it would come out if it needed to be replaced.  Well... Let the input shaft bearings get loose and fall apart on the trans, and the pilot bearing just falls out as you take the clutch setup off, leading you to try to figure out what the hell it could have been for a while.

I always loved this exhaust setup.  I had these pipes custom bent, and used Walker DinoMax  header mufflers.  The sound is down right ferocious, and I like the look of that pipe poking out just in front of the back wheels.   My intent is to set it up this way again.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:55:36 AM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
BIG jump forward today!  Pretty darn stoked.

Only one cage nut broke, and lucky for me, and quite surprising, it was the one on the passenger side on the fire wall.  so, getting it out was not a huge issue.  The frame mount holes look better than I expected, but, I am pretty sure I will not be able to re use the body mounts.... (insert sarcasm here).   Also, thru some stroke of luck or genius, the freeze plug fix has held for over 30 years.  The other side also had one, and made it super easy to drain coolant.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:05:19 AM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 08:29:08 PM »

Started working on a project at lunchtime... About 45 min. into it.  I think Monday I should be almost there and ready to cut some steel box tube pretty soon  :-D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:07:48 PM by mz-formula »

Mr. T/A

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 05:55:59 AM »
Have a look at the one I made.  I put it on wheels and could tow it around with a T handle.  Sand blasting the floor outside was a breeze.  I could put in off to the side on the gravel and then back into the shop. 
Cruzin' in the Great White North!

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 08:05:06 AM »
I will no doubt have wheels on it.  This was just my stopping point for the day at the end of my lunch break.  Its more or less just me making sure I have the material I need and am sizing this thing so its not to huge or too small.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:06:06 AM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »
Well ... Whos up for a game of good news, bad news.   Well... Here we go!

Good news: the rotisserie design is done, I just need to make the drawings and get started.
Bad news:  I will need to buy more steel.

Good news: I had some time to pull parts off the frame.
Bad news:  Ohio has not been nice  to the frame.

Hard to tell by the pics, but the steel on the inner lip rolling into the spring pocket is about gone, and I have a mount hole that is pretty bad.

Good news:  I have a frame on hand that is super clean.
Bad news:  I have no idea what year it is off of.

Good news:  It is currently bolted to my '75 T/A donor
Bad news: I guess that means it needs to come off so I can make sure the trans mount is in the same location.

Good news:  This sway bar has seen a lot of fun.

Bad news:  It is noticeably thinner at the bushing locations.

Good news:  I have another off the '75 TA donor

Good news:  When the bad frame goes in favor of the good frame, I will free up more room in the garage .. So, ... In the end, it was a positive progress day even though I think I found my frame to be beat.

And ... just for kicks ... Check out the mounting bolts on my power steering unit.  The upper one came out fine, and is on top of the unit.  The lower two broke off and are still on it, and the broken off heads are sitting on top of the frame.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:10:36 AM by mz-formula »

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
      • Our Business
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »
Yikes! But, good progress!

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:14 PM »
No real progress on the car, just no time.  But my lunchtime project ... We are making headway!  Sorry for the crappy pics...

Design wise, we are there.  Just some small tweaks as I go but nothing major.  I am thinking the Harbor Freight Casters off the dolly's.  I still need to get a set so I can measure them up for the mounting plate size.  Other than that, Parts drawings, and I am ready to burn some steel.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:48:35 PM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 08:18:54 PM »
No real huge progress as of late, but I took the old Blackjack headers off the Engine.   Also worth noting,  I have the casters for the rotisserie, and the lifting setup I will be using.  Also, Today I cut the first parts.  Its going to take a while to cut it a bar or 2 at a time, but, headway is being made.

I picked up some new safety glasses for Logan and I, and he is excited to use them.  We will see what happens this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:14:51 AM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »
Made some good progress today ... Finally!

Logan showing off his new safety glasses.

This frame is WAAAAY cleaner.  No scale, no rust, nothing.  I think the previous owner had is blasted and painted, but I have no idea what it was painted with.  So, I will strip it and paint it again.  The good news,  The motor mount locations I need are there, and the transmission mount holes are in the same place.   This is my frame going forward.  The only difference I can see is the "new" one has a square hole on top of each front rail, where as the "old" one had round holes.  Being they aren't used on mine, it will make no difference at all.   But If I get ambitious, I might make them round... we will see.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:18:14 AM by mz-formula »

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 09:22:12 PM »
No updates in a while... so... what the hell.

I have been a bit too busy to work on the car due to various issues.  I have gotten the upper control arms off of the "new" frame, and the knuckle assemblies off.   That's it.  Its something I suppose.  Still at a tossup for what kind of bushings to use for the suspension.  Rubber, Poly, or some other type of setup.   Suggestions are welcome.   I want it to last a long time, and handle well.  In the end, I want a bird that is driven on the road, not off a trailer, handles well, and is not afraid to have some fun.

In other news.  The Rotisserie is making progress, thanks to using my lunch hour to cut parts in the shop at work. Its slow going due to only being able to work on it an hour per day max ... but, I am learning a good bit about machining along the way thanks to our in house machinist helping me set it up when needed, then turning me loose to make the parts.  Its a big win for me, being a professional mechanical designer.  Its always good to get the hands on, how things are really made, experience.

So far I have 2 of these guys.  Just need to make the mounting plates for the casters, 4 gussets per assembly, and the pivot.   I should have the pivot done tomorrow.

This is the setup that will mount to the front of the car, and the lift system.   I still need to make the vertical bar with the center of gravity adjustment holes.  Still waiting on the materials for that part.

And here is that front mount just hung on the car for a fit check.... Like a glove.

So... left to go is the pivot / slide assembly.  Still waiting on some materials for the slide part of it.   The lift plates. that the straps will hook into to lift the body.  And the rear mount assembly.  I have the bar to go across the back,  I just need to make the extensions and mounting plate holes that match to the rear bumper.  Then its onto welding this dude up.

Grand total invested so far.... $40 for 8, 330 LB casters.  $20 for the pair of mini winches, and $20 for the pair of lift straps... yup that's it, only $80 total right now. Still some steel I need to buy, but I fully expect to come in at or below $200 for the finished setup.   :-D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:20:29 AM by mz-formula »

428Bird

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 06:44:48 AM »
Making progress!

That design for the Rotisserie looks nice. Wish I had had one when I did mine!

Britt
1975 Trans Am turned into a mix-year 73'ish Formula. 4" Stroked 400, Edelbrock Heads, Comp Cams XR-288-HR, Harland Sharpe 1.5's, Peformer intake with 800 Q-Jet. Hooker Super comps through 2.5" exhaust and Ultraflows. Super T-10 with 3.73's

mz-formula

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »

The Frame choice has been made, and the factory original frame is gone....  The clean frame is my new foundation.  In addition, I rooted thru all 9 of my control arms, and picked out the best 4.  So, Time to get them cleaned up, and get new bushings and ball joints pressed in.

I still need to figure out who is doing the pressing on the bushings n such.  I called my local NAPA, which has a shop, and they want $27 per joint, and $24 per bushing.  roughly $250 to push in parts, ... when I supply the parts?  This sounds WAAAAAY high.   I will be calling my preferred tire shop in the morning and seeing if they are up for the job, but If anyone in the Akron Ohio area has a good source to get these done, I am all for recommendation's.  Who knows,  I may end up doing it myself.

Rotisserie wise, 4 more parts to make and everything is cut with the exception of the bar that joins the 2 assemblies.  But, I need them together and mounted before I know where to cut and drill that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:21:43 AM by mz-formula »

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »
You can help support TAC!