Author Topic: In need of seats  (Read 1634 times)

bandit7911

• Forum Member
In need of seats
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »
Hey guys, new to the forum.  I have a 79 T/A that I'm doing ground up resto on. I'm in need of a pair of front seats, not really concerned about the type or condition of the material as long as the tracks and entry hinges are good. Any help with this or if you can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. I'm in the allentown area and willing to travel to pick them up, I'm just hung up on the resto waiting for seats, thanks in advance

bigdogsbandit

• Active Forum Member
  • 1978 Y82 WS6 4spd (1 of 489)
Re: In need of seats
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:50 AM »
I don't have any seats for you but I thought I would fill you in on what to look for when buying a set of seats from my personal exp. I got a set out of a local yard for $15, told the guy that I wanted the frames inside to make some new seats well when I opened up the seats I found that the frames were broke in some areas so I welded them back together and if you are planning to reuse the seat foam you should feel the metal frames inside the foam very carefully to make sure they are not broken sometimes you can look at pics and tell that they have to be broke because of a wavy look to the sides on the bottom cushion and the last thing to look at is the bottom springs or wires they rust away to nothing leaving you sitting on the floor of the car. It is best to look at the seats in person if your not panning to do a full rebuild on the seats good luck!

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
I have an extra set front and rear. I do not have the seat tracks though.  The tracks I think are kinda hard to come by. I am a little more than an hour south of you but am in PA quite often. I would be more than willing to meet you half way or so. Pm if youre interested. Kerry
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

macman

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 05:56:52 PM »
I know this is from awhile ago and you probably found them  by now but I have 2 front seats complete

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 05:56:52 PM »
You can help support TAC!