transamcountry.com
July 31, 2014, 03:37:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas Monkey-Fast and Loud - Bandit T/A  (Read 13864 times)
Russ C
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »

Did anyone else notice the rear seat console in the T/A?

1972 Ventura II
11.67 @118 mph with a 3.23 single track rear end.
1977 Y-81 T/A 6.6 Auto
olds403
Oracle Forum Member

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »

What is so great about this car ? Perhaps, I missed something in all the flashbacks to Burt and Sally.  
Frankly, was not that impressed by the car, but the show was good on Tuesday.  Perhaps, I need to wait til Thursday's show  ?
737driver
Active Forum Member

"Life is hard, It's Harder when your'e Stupid.."

WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2013, 02:10:48 AM »

Tom is my favorite charector , he is just funny and goofy as all get up!
I love this show just for what it is a tv show. I think it is definitely helping the value of trans am though!
Thanks Gas Monkies!

1979 Trans Am- Heritage Brown -W72 (Pontiac 400) -4Speed-WS6
mark369
Oracle Forum Member

Indiana north of Louisville, KY

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »

Where do you register to win a car?

80 T/A under 1/2 shell replacement (on hold)
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=49370.0
2 Firebird Esprit T/A Clones become ONE (on hold)
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=54976.0
T/A Thing #2 ( Progressing ) http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=63923.0
twov8sandat4
Active Forum Member

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »

I guess I must have seen a different show (not just this episode but the series in general) than you have...

What would qualify as a "builder" to you?????  Sure they flip some without touching them, but they build some nice cars too.

"Builder" is someone who actually has a vision, a plan, and some serious talent to make that vision happen.  A quick glance through Yellow Bullet or Pro-Touring forums brings up a lot of examples of car builders, like this:  http://www.dmcracing.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=15

Bolting parts to a car does not a builder make, especially to a rusty undercarriage with a beat up front A-arm, like this T/A had, which (at least in part 1 never got addressed...), so yes, I call them car flippers and not builders... But that is only my opinion  Very Happy 

Little Miss G Racing
squirrel
Active Forum Member

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

i have only see a few episodes but i like it and the way they handle their business.  saw the shelby 350 build and i would for sure consider them builders for what they did to that car, they tore it completely apart and rebuilt every inch of the car and sold it for 3 times what they paid for it.  a flipper puts as little as possible in the car to make a profit, usually not doing paint and body and engine rebuilds and major repairs.  flippers usually clean, detail, and address minor things and routine repairs like brakes, exhaust, shocks, battery, etc., and create a great ad to sell the car properly, basically doing all the little things the previous owner chose not to do while leaving lots of money on the table.

huge difference between the two. 

Dan from Cincinnati Ohio

1977 Black 4 Speed TA
1979 4 speed TA W72/WS6
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
NGRYBRD
Active Forum Member

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »

ive come across a few of their cars in person. and some ive seen on the episodes, and from what they stared with, to seeing the detail they put into it, i would also consider tem builders.   ya sometimes they flip cars, but everyone who loves cars knows you CANNOT make money building cars.   the ones they build almost always have the lowest of their profit margins, the ones they clean up and flip, clearly fund the other projects that they want to put the effort into, like the Shelby.   and yes they make mistake, but we all do.  ive seen how expensive break in oil is, and i probably wouldve attempted the same thing, and learned the same lesson the hard way.    and plus they are entertaining as hell, especially tom. its tv, you have to take it with a grain of salt, and just enjoy it.   

anyways to answer the question that came up about 6 times, that no one has answered yet.   each week through december, so 5 total they will display a code word during the episode.
go to www.fastnwowgiveaway.com   its a redirect to a discovery channel based pages for the contest.   
last nights code word was #BanditCar   

enter the code and your info, and you can enter as many times as you see the right code displayed during a newly aired episode.

to those who missed it, they always tend to repeat the episode at 2:00am the same evening, but then they re-air last weeks episode right before the new episode but call it fast n loud revved up.   basically a repeat with a few outtakes. 

76 Trans Am
70 GTO
70 Monte Carlo
67 Mustang
firebirdparts
Jedi Council
Oracle Forum Member

firebirdparts
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »

What is so great about this car ? Perhaps, I missed something in all the flashbacks to Burt and Sally.  
Frankly, was not that impressed by the car, but the show was good on Tuesday.  Perhaps, I need to wait til Thursday's show  ?

It's TV. 

I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
ta6point6
Oracle Forum Member

going bandit-REYNOLDS style

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »

I like the people on the show and I find myself shouting wooooooow alot but the cars they do on the show must be for TV. They have clear coated over rust  Shocked but put air ride on the very same car. They have even sold a station wagon that had rust holes in it. The little boy who was with his father even pointed out the rust on the underside of the car. They have put a 5.0 in a galaxie yet didnt touch the interior of the car. They acted excited when seeing the Gremlin on the car hauler...........a gremlin for 5k?!?!??!
I like Car Chasers they are based in TX as well and buy cool cars to flip not just any car.  Street Outlaws is a cool show as well but talk about a waste of money to dump all that money in the cars just to race for a couple thousand on the us-prepped street

T hrashing  A ll
R icers        M ustangs  
A t
N ight
S tomping
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/ta6point6/Y84%20Trans%20Am/
transamjunkie73
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »

It seemed to me that they could have just rolled over to see the crew at Texas Trans Ams not far from their location to find a good builder car, including just about everything they would need to put the T/A back together.  Brett with T/A Specialties or Dave with Restoreamusclecar probably had a true 77 S/E ready to be restored handy for a much better price, too.

I really enjoy Fast and Loud, but c'mon...paid $25K for the used T/A and then had to:
1. body work
2. new paint
3. redo entire suspension
4. replace transmission/shorten driveshaft
5. replace stock snowflakes for YO wheels
6. replace the exhaust system
7. recovering seats and door panels that looked fine as is
8. replace rear differential
yet to come:
9. rebuild the engine
10. decal and stripe the T/A

They paid way too much for the car to do all this to it.  I wonder if these guys are actually paying the prices they declare on the show.  Maybe they are, and that the bloated prices are somewhat "paying" the sellers as actors.  Remember how much Gas Monkey paid for the rusty non-running Formula in an earlier episode, and that the guy wanted about $7k for it as it sat?  And I agree with a previous post about missing SFC and solid body mounts for the racing purpose of their "client"(still time to put on SFC in the next episode, though).  I LMBO when little Enos showed up!

Chad
1978 Trans Am t-top(S/E clone)
1978 Trans Am hardtop(wife's project)
2006 Silverado crew cab(my daily driver/bird rescue vehicle)
plus misc parts cars
BARRACUDA1968
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »

Street Outlaws is a joke.  I watch it but when they finally race on the "street" they have spot lights set up you could see for 3 miles.  Again it's just TV but that show is hard to swallow.

Red 1978 Trans Am                  Black 1978 Trans Am            Y88 1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461             Butler Performance 474         400 4 Speed
Built Trans with 3000 stall         400 Trans with 2800 stall       Fisher T Top
Pro Touring suspension             17" Year One Rims                1 of 1276 PHS Docs
17" Year One Rims
SOLD
TransAm7779
Active Forum Member

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »

Street Outlaws is a joke.  I watch it but when they finally race on the "street" they have spot lights set up you could see for 3 miles.  Again it's just TV but that show is hard to swallow.

Yeah that one is definitely just for show. Way back before they got on tv I went out and raced with some of those guys a couple times and it wasnt anything like what you see on the show.

1977 Trans Am SE Y82
97ramsst
Jedi Council
Oracle Forum Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »

It's about as real as those repo shows...but you have to love the Farm Truck!

flybird
Active Forum Member

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »

It seemed to me that they could have just rolled over to see the crew at Texas Trans Ams not far from their location to find a good builder car, including just about everything they would need to put the T/A back together.  Brett with T/A Specialties or Dave with Restoreamusclecar probably had a true 77 S/E ready to be restored handy for a much better price, too.

I really enjoy Fast and Loud, but c'mon...paid $25K for the used T/A and then had to:
1. body work
2. new paint
3. redo entire suspension
4. replace transmission/shorten driveshaft
5. replace stock snowflakes for YO wheels
6. replace the exhaust system
7. recovering seats and door panels that looked fine as is
8. replace rear differential
yet to come:
9. rebuild the engine
10. decal and stripe the T/A

They paid way too much for the car to do all this to it.  I wonder if these guys are actually paying the prices they declare on the show.  Maybe they are, and that the bloated prices are somewhat "paying" the sellers as actors.  Remember how much Gas Monkey paid for the rusty non-running Formula in an earlier episode, and that the guy wanted about $7k for it as it sat?  And I agree with a previous post about missing SFC and solid body mounts for the racing purpose of their "client"(still time to put on SFC in the next episode, though).  I LMBO when little Enos showed up!

I asked my self the same thing
OR with the kinda money that guy dropped on the table He could of gone and bought a YEAR ONE BANDIT Trans am
if Year One still makes them... I dont know though it might have been a limited production car.
ThKidd
Active Forum Member

Darrell Kidd
Email
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »

I had never even heard of the show until this thread was posted.  Now I'm hooked on it (thanks a lot Smile).  

I take it for what it is:  entertainment.  It's obviously scripted, but I'm not sure to what extent.  I've watched 4-5 shows now, and I've never seen anyone walk away from a negotiation, which seems a bit "unusual".  They base their decisions about whether or not to restore the cars on which way they think they can make the most money.  Unless they were trying to deceive someone in the process (which they are not), there's nothing wrong with that, it's good business sense.  

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they would clean up the language a bit; I'd like the kids to be able to watch it too, but not a chance, even with the bleeps.  I realize they're just being themselves, so I doubt it will change.

The most impressive thing about the Bandit show was that Richard said he had a Bandit T/A (his words) in high school.  Gotta respect (and envy) him for that.

1977 PHS-documented SE black-on-black
L7G6ND
Active Forum Member

post killer

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

I enjoy the show a ton!  Met Richard and Christie a couple times...once at their shop and another time at the track in Dallas.  Both are very down to earth people and seem to me, not all that taken with fame and such.  Both times they were happy to talk at length about anything!

I've enjoyed watching them since they came on...I remember seeing the previews before the show started and I knew then I'd be watching.  

It's all entertainment for TV but they actaully flip a ton of cars in real life.  Stop by their shop sometime and see the amount of cars they have there!  Few get on the show since not everything is worth having an hour long story about.  

Plus, they get a lot of cars in that aren't main stream hot rods.  Things you'd not really consider modding but they do because it's just crazy!  I mean who adds a blower to a Kingswood or builds a Dodge truck with a Chevy engine and Ford front suspension?  It's a blast to watch and the characters on there are awesome!

1976 Trans Am 400 4-speed, Firethorn Red, White and Black Interior
firebirdparts
Jedi Council
Oracle Forum Member

firebirdparts
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »

Television is for selling advertisements.  The potato chip ads would pay for any car they want to build or destroy.  It wouldn't really have to be a reasonable proposition. 

On game shows, they give new cars away free.  Where's in the profit in that?

I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
ta6point6
Oracle Forum Member

going bandit-REYNOLDS style

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2013, 05:22:44 PM »

You can see those guys pedaling those cars the whole way and driving the crap out of those cars trying to keep them on the road especially farm truck. The show may be staged but the guys who race on the street now that has to be real. You have to be a pretty good driver to pedal and drive a high horsepower car str8 down a street road.

T hrashing  A ll
R icers        M ustangs  
A t
N ight
S tomping
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/ta6point6/Y84%20Trans%20Am/
BARRACUDA1968
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »

I wish they would film the race with one camera and one shot so we could actually see the race.  They change cameras several times so it's hard to tell how fast they really go.

I do agree if you can keep a car like that straight on the street you're either hooking or in and out of the throttle which don't win races.

Red 1978 Trans Am                  Black 1978 Trans Am            Y88 1978 Trans Am
Built Trans with 3000 stall         400 Trans with 2800 stall       Fisher T Top
Pro Touring suspension             17" Year One Rims                1 of 1276 PHS Docs
17" Year One Rims
SOLD
solargold
Oracle Forum Member

Email
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2013, 03:02:00 AM »

behind the scenes photo of what to expect Monday

My name is Mike and I am a Trans Am addict
dgoodspeed
Active Forum Member

davidegoodspeed
Email
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »

I have no problem with them inflating the prices for the Firebirds.  Helps all of us in the end if you want to sell anytime soon or right now.   Laughing
BARRACUDA1968
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »

I have no problem with them inflating the prices for the Firebirds.  Helps all of us in the end if you want to sell anytime soon or right now.   Laughing

Have you seen some of the prices on ebay right now?  WOW

Someone explain this to me?  I don't get it. Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-1978-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-low-mileage-loaded-fantastic-/251383689316?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3a87a2b064&item=251383689316&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:15:03 AM by BARRACUDA1968 » Logged

17" Year One Rims
SOLD
81survivor
Active Forum Member

Email
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »

I think our cars are going up in value quickly but this one is way over priced in my opinion ..

Mike
81 blk/gld TA survivor
Original paint,interior, motor, trans
5.0-4 speed-t tops 32k miles
ThKidd
Active Forum Member

Darrell Kidd
Email
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »

I have no problem with them inflating the prices for the Firebirds.  Helps all of us in the end if you want to sell anytime soon or right now.   Laughing

Have you seen some of the prices on ebay right now?  WOW

Someone explain this to me?  I don't get it. Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-1978-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-low-mileage-loaded-fantastic-/251383689316?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3a87a2b064&item=251383689316&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Everyone can dream.  Watch the listing and see if it sells at that price; I seriously doubt it.  He's about 3x higher than reality; too many reasons to even bother listing them all.

ThKidd
Active Forum Member

Darrell Kidd
Email
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »

behind the scenes photo of what to expect Monday

Well, he got the shirt color and the jeans correct, and he shaved his goatee, but he really needed a tan hat.  I mean, he lives in Texas; there's got to be a tan Stetson somewhere close by that they could have used.  Can't wait for this episode.

transamcountry.com

You can help support TAC!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: